Can't see it yet.

Match Made In Heaven

 

               Donghae kept on gaping like a fish, opening his mouth to say something but then closing it once more, Heechul was shocked at first but then smirked widely, Siwon's mouth shaped into a little 'o', and Kyuhyun wasn't even paying attention.

                Hyukjae's breathing was getting heavier by the minute; all this attention was very nerve-wrecking for him. Hyoyeon however, was walking like she owned the ing world, dragging the redhead along with her.

                Hyukjae caught a way too familiar head of orange from the corner of his eyes and his heart almost dropped in anticipation and anxiety. He didn't even know why, he already decided that he would change his appearance for the sake of Hyoyeon, not Donghae- So what was he getting so hopeful about?

               He reluctantly shifted his gaze to Donghae, and much to his despair, their eyes met that very same second. However, for some unknown reason, he couldn't look away- It was like he was diving deep in the younger's wide orbs. After he finally snapped out of his trance, he managed to look away from the boy's mesmerizing eyes and look at his expression. He's gaping. Is this good or bad?

               Hyukjae whimpered in frustration and tugged on Hyoyeon's hand, "Take me away." He said rather pathetically. The blonde chuckled before pulling him into a corner where no one would stare at them. The redhead buried his face in his palms as Hyoyeon started babbling nonstop, "See! I told you it would all be good! Everyone was looking at you like you were some kind of meal!" Hyukjae banged his head against the wall in utter frustration, "What do you mean it all went good? I bet everyone thought I was fake!" 

                    Hyoyeon gasped, as if offended and grabbed her friend's hands, "You. Look. Amazing." She said slowly, emphasizing each word. Hyukjae sighed, "Can I trust you on that?" The blonde's eyes softened as she nodded happily. After that, they both separated to get to their first classes.

----------------------------------

                     Hyukjae groaned and sped-walk through the hallways, to his third class. This was by far not what he had expected. Everyone's eyes were fixed on him. Everyone. Even the teachers. He felt utterly awkward and vulnerable beneath their gazes, but he tried to comfort himself when he saw a bunch of girls squeal their little hearts out- Maybe he doesn't look as bad as he thinks he does.

                    Moments later, it suddenly hit him like a bag of bricks- His next class was English. He whimpered and tugged on his hair frustratedly. I don't want him to see me! He slowly walked to the English lecture room and cursed all heavens when he saw that Donghae had already entered and was on his seat, playing with his pens like a kid and staring off into space.

                 Hyukjae sighed; maybe he should be silent while getting into his seat so that Donghae wouldn't hear him since he seems to be in his own little world. The redhead swallowed and walked over to his seat, as silently as he could, and that was very hard because he was practically the definition of 'clumsy'.

                 He managed to get to his seat and avoid looking at the gorgeous person to him right. However his heart almost dropped at the angelic voice, "Thank you for getting a haircut." He reluctantly tilted his head to the side to meet the younger's sweet smile. He blushed slightly and rubbed the back of his neck, laughing nervously, "Y-Yeah. Wait! No, I didn't do it for you though! I did it for my sake!" He assured immediately. He still had his pride, people.

                 Donghae grinned, "I'm still glad you did though, at least now I don't have to gather all my power to not cut your hair off with a pair of scissors right here and now." Hyukjae glared at him for a moment, "Gee, thanks." And with that, he felt a bit more comfortable around the other and faced front, waiting for the teacher to arrive.

                  He was startled when he felt a hand on his hair, he shot his head up to the culprit, "Can I touch it?" Donghae asked cutely. Hyukjae sighed exasperatedly, "What's the point of asking if you're already doing it, either way?" Donghae didn't respond, just smiled stupidly and the other's hair, "It's so soft- Softer than mine." He mumbled before pouting at his last sentence. Hyukjae froze, "U-um, not really. Your hair is really soft too…?" He said more of a question, because frankly, he didn't even know why the other was sulking about it.

               Donghae, however, seemed overjoyed, "You think so?!" He gave a huge, crooked smile before touching his own hair. Hyukjae raised an eyebrow and bit back a smile at the other's familiar child-like behavior, "Y-Yeah." Donghae grabbed the redhead's hand and shoved it to his hair, it, "Is it as soft as yours?" Why the are we having this conversation anyway? Hyukjae wanted to say, but instead he forced a smile and nodded awkwardly.

               They were both snapped back to reality at the sound of someone clearing their throat. Hyukjae froze and closed his eyes for a moment, resisting the urge to cry out in humiliation. The whole lecture room was silent, staring weirdly at the two touching each other's hair in a rather affectionate way, and now the teacher freaking cleared his throat to get their attention.

               "Get a room!" Someone yelled from across the room, making everyone burst out in laughter. Oh, how I wish- Was Hyukjae's first thought before he mentally smacked himself repetitively. What the hell, Hyukjae?! He smiled apologetically at the teacher after inwardly scolding himself. He glanced at Donghae who was staring at his feet and uncharacteristically blushing like there was no tomorrow. Hyukjae thought it was kind of cute, though.

                A while later, Donghae scribbled something on a notepad and handed the small paper over to Hyukjae. The redhead stared questioningly before reading it: Sorry for embarrassing you and stuff. He bit back a smile; he never thought the brat was one to apologize. He glanced at Donghae who was already staring at him and nodded with a tiny smile.

--------------------------------------------

                   Donghae was walking with Heechul and Siwon at lunch time since Kyuhyun had to stay behind in class- He was most probably playing video games during the discussion again. Heechul yawned loudly and stretched in his seat before narrowing his eyes at his favorite dongsaeng, "You. Why do you seem off today?" He tickled Donghae's ribs in an attempt to get him to smile, but the other just jerked at the sudden move.

                    He rested his head on Siwon's shoulder and pouted, "I feel selfish and bad." He muttered. Heechul was slightly taken aback, "Why?" Siwon tilted his head to give the smaller boy a curious look. Donghae only sighed, "I feel like I'm taking advantage of him…" Heechul bit back a smirk, "Who?" He saw the blush rise to the younger's cheeks, "H-Hyukjae."

                  Siwon seemed a bit thoughtful, "Isn't he the dude that was sitting next to you in English class the other day? And the redhead from this morning?" He questioned softly. Donghae's pout deepened as he nodded slowly. The diva rested his head in his hands, "And why do you feel that way, HaeHae?" Donghae stared at the floor, "I don't want to like him just for his looks. But I can't help it, he looks too good now."

                Heechul smirked, "Baby, you were already falling for him either way before he got a makeover. Even that brat Kyuhyun noticed it." Donghae widened his eyes and gulped, "N-No I wasn't. I never l-liked him." Heechul narrowed his eyes, "Then why are you stuttering? You're such a terrible liar, Hae. You know I know you too well."

                Donghae whimpered pathetically and buried his face deep in Siwon's chest as if to disappear before speaking in muffled voice, "I don't like him!" Siwon chuckled and patted the smaller's head while Heechul just laughed, "Gosh, Hae, you so do. Even if it's just a small crush, you still feel something for him. I've known for eleven years and I can read you like an open book by now. You just can't see it yet." Donghae slowly peeked out before quickly hugging Siwon tightly, trying to ignore Heechul's words and shake them off before he started to believe in them.

                    Hyukjae stared at the scene going on the other side of the cafeteria in Donghae's lunch table, glaring unconsciously as the younger was practically smothering Siwon in a tight hug and not letting go yet. He huffed and finally looked away. Hyoyeon raised an eyebrow and tailed his gaze only to smile wickedly at the scene, though she decided to play oblivious, "What's wrong, Hyuk?"

                 "It's nothing." He muttered, still sending death glares to every passerby. Hyoyeon smacked his head, pretty hard, "You're such a brat. Now talk." Hyukjae whined something incoherent and rubbed his head, "I hate public display of affection. That's all." He mumbled. The blonde smiled teasingly, "You mean you hate it when Donghae does skinship with other people." Hyukjae choked on nothing and glared at her, "N-No! Why would I? It's none of my business anyways."

                   Hyoyeon sighed and shook her head, "How can you be so dumb to not even realize it?" She muttered with a small grimace. Hyukjae resumed staring at the two like a hawk, "Why are they still hugging? That's disgusting." The blonde smacked his head once more, to which he groaned in annoyance.

--------------------------------------------

                    Hyukjae was about to walk out of the University campus when he felt a hand tap his shoulder repeatedly. He turned around to find a fidgeting Donghae, "U-Um… Can you like, stay with me for a while? Heechul Hyung is leaving early today and I'm scared to stay alone." He mumbled under his breath, his eyes fixed to the ground.

                  The redhead then remembered that the younger stays back every day to practice playing the piano, and of course, he never got tired of hearing him play, so he slowly nodded his head and followed the other to the Music room.

                Donghae sat down on the piano stool and sighed. He slowly started playing a soft, gentle tune that kept on ringing in Hyukjae's ear. The elder walked over to a corner and crouched down on the floor, closing his eyes and enjoying the music.

                It took almost two hours for the younger to finish his practice, but Hyukjae didn't even feel the time pass by. The music stopped and he felt s gentle weight on his left shoulder. He fluttered his eyes open and his heard started beating fast once more. Though this time, he felt too relaxed to even budge, so he slowly rested his head on top of Donghae's, not only surprising the younger but also himself.

              After a few minutes of comfortable silent, he heard Donghae whisper, "Sorry I made you wait so long. I just feel lonely really easily." Hyukjae nodded in understanding, "It's okay. I really enjoy listening to you playing anyways." He felt his face heat up after he realized what he said. He tilted his head to attempt to take a look at the younger's face but instead was met with a mop of orange strands tickling the tip of his nose and the corner of his lips. He couldn't help but admire how orange suited Donghae so much, usually it would look ugly on many people; but it seemed that the younger was an exception since almost everything looked good on him.

                    Donghae cleared his throat and blushed, "We've been sitting here for quite a while." He said softly before removing his head from the redhead's shoulder. Hyukjae's face reddened at the realization and nodded, "Y-Yeah. Well, we better leave, then." He whispered. Donghae nodded shyly before swiftly standing up and offering his hand out to pull Hyukjae up. The redhead smile slightly and grabbed a hold of the younger's hand, pushing himself up to his feet.

"S-So I'll be seeing you tomorrow, I guess."

"Yeah, b-bye, Donghae."

"Bye, Hyukjae."

------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated for two days, I've been really busy ><

This chapter was merely about how they act around each other after Hyuk's sudden change in appearance :3

I hope you enjoyed this update, please comment and tell me what you think! <3~