Letting go: Part 2

Match Made In Heaven

 

             Donghae woke up a few hours later by the rustling sounds filling the otherwise silent room. He let out a small frown when he realized that he couldn't see anything, the whole room was so dark and all he could see was black. He slowly patted his body and realized that he was dressed up in a pair of sweatpants and an oversized, thick jacket with a blanket wrapped around him.

                Donghae began to grasp everything and finally understood that he was still in the redhead's house after falling asleep in Hyukjae's arms. He slowly sat up and crawled carefully off of the bed, not wanting to bump into anything. He cautiously crawled to the rustling sounds and suddenly felt his right hand press gently against a foot.

                Donghae heard the owner of the foot gasp in surprise, making him smile a little. Still not seeing anything, he hugged Hyukjae's leg and rested his weight against the other, slowly pulling himself up into a standing position. He smiled once more when he felt Hyukjae's tense body relax immediately upon recognizing the familiar warmth (and clinginess) of the other.

                   Hyukjae quickly switched the lights on, making the both of them cringe and clench their eyes shut from the blinding brightness. The redhead managed to walk over to the younger and pull him into a tight, warm hug. Donghae's face found its way to the crook of Hyukjae's neck right away and the two stayed like that for what felt like a few minutes.

                  Hyukjae reluctantly pulled away and caressed the younger's smooth cheek, "How are you feeling?" Donghae sighed, "Much better. I'm sorry, Hyukkie." The redhead only sighed and shook his head disapprovingly. Donghae looked around the room and immediately, his heart sank and his face dropped at the sight. The bedroom was almost entirely empty, and all of Hyukjae's belongings were stuffed into bags and boxes.

                  Hyukjae noticed how his expression changed, making his chest ache at the look the younger had. He decided to change the unspoken topic and grabbed both of Donghae's now warmer hands in his, "You must be hungry, right?" The younger only nodded slowly and gave Hyukjae a quick hug. The redhead chuckled softly at that and led Donghae downstairs.  

                As they entered the kitchen, Donghae sat himself on one of the chairs and asked softly, "What time is it, Hyukkie?" Hyukjae quickly checked his wristwatch, "Three." He mumbled as he crouched down and fumbled through the drawers under the countertop.

                Donghae looked down at his feet, "You're leaving in four hours." Hyukjae immediately stopped the loud noises he was making. He paused for a few seconds before slumping his shoulders and muttering, "Y-Yeah…"

                 The younger watched as Hyukjae clumsily made him a simple cheese sandwich and poured him a glass of milk. Donghae pecked Hyukjae's cheek and mumbled a 'thank you' before gulping down his milk and chewing on the food.

                 Hyukjae simply watched him as he ate, admiring what he liked to describe as beauty in front of him. Donghae flinched slightly when he felt Hyukjae trace his thumb on his smooth right cheek. The redhead pulled Donghae closer to him and kept on placing sloppy, wet kisses all around his face. Donghae sighed in content when the older placed a loving kiss at the corner of his lips.

                 The younger immediately swallowed the last bit of food in his mouth and turned to face Hyukjae. He hastily placed a hand over the back of Hyukjae's head, pulling him closer to him, and then finally attached the elder's lips with his own.

                  Their kisses turned from innocent and sweet to intense and needy. Hyukjae pulled the younger onto his lap so that he was straddling him, and Donghae instinctively wrapped his arms around his shoulders as his cheeks began to flush a soft shade of pink.

                 Hyukjae tugged onto the younger's lower lip, making Donghae gasp and part his lips, immediately giving access to the redhead's tongue. Donghae moaned in pleasure as Hyukjae ped his jacket, exposing his toned chest.     

                 Hyukjae broke the kiss as both of them started to breath heavily, he stared right into the younger's eyes. He smiled tenderly and Donghae's lower lip, "So beautiful." Donghae smiled, but it seemed…sad, in a way. The redhead started placing soothing, butterfly kisses against Donghae's somewhat tanned chest and collarbones.

                  Slowly, Donghae pulled away, wrapping his arms around Hyukjae neck, and his legs around Hyukjae's waist, "Carry me." He demanded playfully. Hyukjae laughed and stood up, pressing his hands against the younger's lower back to support his body, "That would be my pleasure, my Lady."

                  Donghae laughed quietly and knowing that he couldn't hit Hyukjae with his occupied hands, he banged his head against the other; receiving a deep scowl from Hyukjae as he rubbed his aching head against the younger's; trying to soothe the pain, only to receive a small giggle in response.

                    Hyukjae walked upstairs and into his empty bedroom. He finally set Donghae down and chuckled before zipping his jacket back up. The redhead sat in a corner of the room and leaned against the wall. The younger followed behind and quietly sat between Hyukjae's legs, so that his back resting on the other's chest.

                   Hyukjae smiled and tightly wrapped his arms around Donghae's hips in a very possessive manner, and pulled Donghae closer against his body- As if that was even possible. The pair sat there in comfortable silence. Donghae was playing with Hyukjae's fingers, biting viciously onto his lower lip to prevent the tears welling up in his eyes from falling.

                    The redhead decided to break the silence by bringing his lips to Donghae's ears and whispering softly, "What am I going to do with you, Hae?" The younger paused with what he was doing and tilted his head slightly to the back, "W-What do you mean, Hyukkie?"

                    Hyukjae sighed, "I'm worried about you. Your ignorance is really killing me, you know? I almost had a heart attack seeing you like that earlier… who's going to take care of you while I'm gone, Hae?"

                 Donghae immediately looked down, avoiding Hyukjae's eyes, "I-I'll take care of myself." The redhead scoffed, "I doubt that." Donghae let out a small frown as a tear escaped his eyes, "No…I will. I will take care of myself. I need to stop being a baby- I'm twenty years old already. I need to depend on myself."

                 Hyukjae seemed taken aback by that- Donghae was never this serious before, and it was somewhat worrying Hyukjae. The redhead gently Donghae's hair and pecked his forehead, "Hae, you do know you're not a burden in any way, right?" He assured softly. Donghae sighed and looked away, "Am I not?" Hyukjae just shook his head pecked the younger's lips, "Not at all."

                      Donghae forced a smile, "Come on, Hyukkie. You need to get some sleep while you still can." Hyukjae stared into Donghae's sad eyes for a moment before exhaling audibly and allowing the younger to lead him to the bed. The two lay on the bed as Donghae pushed Hyukjae's head and placed it directly below his chest and started his hair.

                    Hyukjae sighed in content and fell asleep almost immediately by the soothing, feather-like touches and Donghae's calm heart beat against his ear.

-------------------------------------------

                    Sora entered Hyukjae's bedroom and cooed at the adorable sight in front of her. She walked closer to the sleeping bodies all tangled up with each other, wondering how they would be like separated. The thought honestly saddened her to know end.

                    She slowly Donghae's hair, "Come on, Hae. Wake up; we're leaving in thirty minutes." The younger let out a barely audible groan and opened his eyes, "Okay. I'll wake him up." He mumbled while rubbing his sleepy eyes. Sora nodded and quickly left the room.

                 Donghae sighed at the sight of his boyfriend. His lips parted slightly as he breathed through his mouth, his eyebrows furrowed, and his cheeks even paler than they already were. He seemed so exhausted in his restless sleep.

                 Donghae played with Hyukjae's messy hair before softly speaking up, "Hyukkie, come on. It's time to wake up." He sighed when he received no response and tried again, "Wake up, Hyukkie. You have to be ready in thirty minutes."

                  Hyukjae groaned loudly and unwillingly opened his eyes, "Okay…" He mumbled. His eyes softened once he met Donghae's, "Hae, don't cry." Donghae frowned and brought his hand to his face. He didn't even realize that he was already weeping. His frown only deepened as he shook his head, "D-Don't worry about me, Hyukkie. Now go get ready."

                 The redhead sighed and kissed the tears away before finally sitting up and walking over to the bathroom, "Oh, I almost forgot. I prepared you some clothes last night while you were asleep. They're in the closet." Donghae nodded his head and creeped out of bed.

                   He opened the closet and smiled at what Hyukjae had set for him- A black pair of skinny jeans, a grey long-sleeved shirt, a black jacket that seemed similar to a Parka, a scarf, and a beanie.

Hyukjae was truly caring.

                   By the time Hyukjae was fully dressed and out of the bathroom, Donghae was already done for a while now, dressed in everything Hyukjae had gave him, even when they were still indoors.

                 Hyukjae laughed and gave the younger a firm, reassuring kiss on the lips, "You look so chubby." Donghae let out a genuine smile, "Well, I can barely even breathe since I'm quite literally getting stuffed by the layers of clothing you gave me." Hyukjae laughed once more and kissed Donghae's head before wearing his shoes.

                 The two walked down stairs with their hands intertwined as Hyukjae spoke softly, "We're ready." Hyukjae's father smiled, "Good. We already put all our things into the van." Hyukjae simply nodded and gave Donghae's hand a gentle squeeze, to which he received a sweet smile from the younger.

                    "How are you going to get home after we leave, sweetheart?" Hyukjae's mother asked softly. Donghae forced a smile, "Chullie Hyung and Wonnie are taking me back home, Auntie." The woman nodded and continued staring out the window. After that, the drive to the airport was filled with suffocating silence.

                  Hyukjae and Donghae's hands were getting way too sweaty and clammy, but they refused to let go. They kept a tight hold on each other as Donghae rested his head on the elder's shoulder, and Hyukjae rested his head on top of Donghae's- inhaling the flowery fragrance of his hair.

                   When they finally arrived to the airport, they left the car immediately as Donghae clung onto Hyukjae's arm like his life depended on it- not noticing the pitiful, sad look Hyukjae's mother sent him. Hyukjae rubbed Donghae's back to calm his stiff body, "Relax, Baby." He whispered and placed a soft kiss on Donghae's temple.

                After a while in the airport, Hyukjae and Donghae were greeted by the all too familiar bodies of their friends walking towards them, making them somewhat less tense. Hyoyeon engulfed Hyukjae into a very tight, bone-crushing hug and kissed his cheek repeatedly, "We'll take good care of Donghae, so don't worry too much, Hyuk." She said softly while ruffling Donghae's hair like he was some kind of kid.

                Next were Kyuhyun and Heechul, who both practically jumped on Hyukjae at the same time. Heechul was showering him with kisses and hugs while Kyuhyun, being the devil he is, was laughing manically and tickling Hyukjae all over his body, "Take care of yourself, Hyukjae."

               Siwon came and normally hugged Hyukjae, "We'll take care of him for you, Hyuk. Stay safe." He whispered against the other's ear. Hyukjae's heart sank as he nodded stiffly, tears already streaming down his face. He soon realized that Sungmin was also there, making him feel utterly special as the older boy walked timidly toward him and pulled him into a friendly hug.

                   "Hyukjae, we have to go in three minutes!" He heard Sora yell faintly from far away as she was fiddling with their tickets. Hyukjae only nodded and finally walked up to Donghae, who was staring at the ground for quite a while now.

                   "Hae Baby…" He whispered and pulled the younger's rigid body into his chest. He started tracing patterns around Donghae's back and playing with his hair as he heard Donghae's quiet, smothered sobs, "Shh…We'll be just fine." Donghae nodded against his chest and tried to pull himself closer to Hyukjae's warmth.

                  "I love you…" He whispered shakily while cupping the younger's face. Donghae stared at him as more tears flowed down his cheeks. His heart fluttered at those three words. This was the first time Hyukjae had said them to him and it pained him so much that he wouldn't be hearing them directly anymore.

                  Donghae bit his lip, "D-Do you really?" He asked softly, as if to reassure himself. Hyukjae smiled sadly and nodded, bringing Donghae back to his chest. The younger spoke up in a muffled voice, "I love you too, Hyukkie. I love you too…" Hyukjae pulled away and placed kisses all over Donghae's face, and then finally pressing one loving, reassuring kiss onto his lips. The younger wiped away Hyukjae's tears and sniffled, "Come on, Hyukkie. New York is waiting for you." Hyukjae nodded, "stay stafe, Baby."

                 With one last peck on the lips, Hyukjae waved good-bye to everyone and walked over to his family, not letting his gaze falter from Donghae, who was now in Siwon's arms, until he couldn't see him anymore. 

-----------------------------------------

A/N: And here's part 2.

So Hyukjae has now left, and they had already confessed too. How sad.

I hope everyone liked this chapter ><

Please comment!~