Insecurities, fears, & worries.

Match Made In Heaven

 

                     Hyukjae, Donghae, and Sora took a taxi to their parents' house, which now had the fridge filled since their father requested his uncle to get them everything they needed. The two boys left almost immediately after they unpacked to nowhere in particular.

                     Donghae kept clinging to Hyukjae's side and wouldn't let go of his hand even when the redhead told him he needed to use the bathroom. They sat on one of the benches in a huge park since the weather was great. A soft breeze hit Donghae's face and ruffled his already messy locks. He smiled and inhaled sharply.

                      "Hae?" Hyukjae spoke softly as he wrapped his right arm possessively around the younger. Donghae hummed in response and rested his head on Hyukjae's warm chest. The redhead sighed and kissed the top of his boyfriend's head, "Hyoyeon told me how you were while I was gone." He felt the younger tense up visibly in his arm and he soothingly rubbed his thumb against the younger's clothed hipbone.

                       "Did I upset you?" He asked softly. Hyukjae smiled and pulled Donghae impossibly closer to him, "Well, of course I was upset, baby. I mean, do you know how worried I was when she told me how restless you were? And when she told me you vomited recently? You would never even know how much that affected me." Donghae nuzzled his nose deeper in Hyukjae's shirt and breathed in his perfume, "I-I'm sorry."

                      Hyukjae chuckled, "What are you sorry for? Besides, I wasn't any better myself." Donghae's eyes softened as he nodded in agreement against the other's shirt, "I was getting so worried about you, Hyukkie. I really close to considering going over to New York just to check if you were fine." The redhead laughed quietly, leaned down, and pecked the younger's lips.

                      Donghae found himself lifting his body upward to meet Hyukjae's gaze. His cheeks flushed as he moved closer and closed the gap between them. The kiss was slow and passionate, yet still somehow innocent. Hyukjae sighed in content against the younger's lips and pulled him closer.

                      "Oh god, will you get a freaking room? I mean, you're like surrounding by little kids." They could actually hear the smirk from that all too familiar voice. Hyukjae was startled and ending up biting on Donghae's lower lip, really hard. It started bleeding. Donghae yelped and covered his mouth with his sleeves, "What was that for?!" His voice was muffled and barely even understandable.

                      Hyukjae kept apologizing to the younger and took out a napkin from his back pocket and hastily cleaned the blood from the younger's quivering lip. Heechul rolled his eyes and let out a mischievous smile, "I'm still here, you know." The redhead glared at him before giving Donghae's hair a few soothing and standing up, walking over to Heechul. He gave him a tight hug and mumbled, "You're just lucky I missed you, Hyung. Or else I would've punched you right away." Heechul scoffed and wrapped his arms around Hyukjae's torso, "Yeah, like an awkward turtle like you could ever do that."

                       Hyukjae whined and sat back down next to the playfully frowning Donghae. After the younger made sure the blood stopped, he tossed the napkin into a nearby trash bin and gave Heechul a brief hug, "How did you know we were here, Hyung?" Heechul laughed, "I called Hyuk's house number and his sister answered. She told me she didn't trust you two alone and told me that you were going to the park."

                     Donghae and Hyukjae gaped and both of their faces turned red. Hyukjae glared at nothing, "She is never to be trusted again." Donghae let out a childish giggle and shrugged before looking back at Heechul, "Chullie, Hyukkie bought me these chocolate cupcakes from New York. They're so good!" Heechul smiled genuinely. He loved seeing the younger so happy again.

------------------------------------------

                        Later that afternoon, the two grew tired and went back to Hyukjae's house, ate some takeaway lunch and went upstairs to the redhead's bedroom. Hyukjae sat on the bed staring off into space with Donghae sleeping in his lap. He started to unconsciously play with the younger's hair. A single tear suddenly rolled down his cheek.

                   He was afraid. Something inside of him kept telling him that Donghae won't stay long with him. That he wasn't good enough. What if Donghae doesn't love him anymore? Hyukjae's insecurities were haunting him down again. Without realizing, he was already crying silently, still lost in his own thought.

                   He felt Donghae shift on his lap and fist the hem of his shirt, nuzzling closer to the warmth.  Hyukjae bit his lip and placed feather-like, yet lingering kisses all over the younger's face, wanting to desperately stop thinking about the bad things. A tear fell down on Donghae's cheek. He slowly pulled away when the younger started stirring and then slowly opened his eyes.

                      He looked up at Hyukjae with a smile, which faded immediately when he saw the redhead's state. He frowned deeply and sat with his knees folded beneath him, so that he was directly facing the older male. He wiped Hyukjae's streaming tears away and gave him soothing kisses, "What's the matter, Hyukkie?" He whispered.

                      Hyukjae swallowed dryly. He could never tell Donghae his thoughts. Donghae's frown only deepened and a small scowl formed its way to his lips. Hyukjae simply wiped his face and leaned over, hugging Donghae and burying his face in his shoulder, sniffling quietly.

                    Donghae rubbed Hyukjae's back and spoke in a stern tone, "Hey, tell me. Come on." Hyukjae pulled away and let out a small smile, "A-Ah…Don't worry about it. It's nothing." The younger huffed, "Hyukjae! Stop lying to me, I know you too well." The redhead looked away and spoke up as softly as possible, "I'm scared…I'm scared that you might l-leave me someday, that's all."

                      When he received no response, Hyukjae looked back at Donghae, who was giving him a long, scrutinizing look. Suddenly, when he least expected it, the younger smacked him hard on the chest, "What the heck are you talking about, you idiot?" Donghae scowled before continuing, "How could you even think that way? I mean, seriously, Hyukjae?" The redhead's face flushed in embarrassment as he shrugged his shoulders, "I don't know. I'm just a tad bit insecure, so you can blame it on that."

                   Donghae shook his head and engulfed Hyukjae in a loving, tight hug and pecked his cheek, "I love you, airhead." Hyukjae gave his best gummy smile, "Love you too, carrot face." Donghae giggled and rested himself against the redhead and yawned.

"Hey, Hyukkie?"

"Yeah?"

"Are you sure you won't regret coming back here?"

"Yes, baby."

"Pinky promise?"

Hyukjae chuckled, "We're not five, Hae."

Donghae pouted, "Pinky promise!"

"Okay, okay."

The two intertwined their little fingers together with playful, tender smiles plastered on their face.   

--------------------------------------------

                        The next morning, Donghae moaned into the pillow his face was smashed against. He tried to move but couldn't. He felt a heavy load on top of him. He couldn't breathe and was starting to panic. He started squirming and muffling loud curses. Soon enough, he felt the weight off of his back and took in deep breaths to fill his lungs up.

                       He turned around just in time to see Hyukjae tossing himself to the other side of the bed. Donghae rolled his eyes and groaned. He sat up and started poking the redhead's ribcage, "Hey, monkey. Get up, we still have to attend to the University, you know." Hyukjae stirred and mumbled incoherent words. Donghae guessed that he must've said something along the lines of, "Just five more minutes."

                       After practically dragging themselves out of bed and getting ready, the two made their way to their first day in University after the weekend. Donghae held onto Hyukjae's hand as the other kept on yawning. The younger glanced at the redhead, "Why are you so sleepy?" Hyukjae moaned tiredly, "Couldn't sleep until an hour ago. I'm not used to the change of time zones." Donghae nodded his head slowly, "Oh, okay."

"Hey, Donghae?"

"Yes?"

"You do know I really love you, right?"

"Well, yeah. Why?"

"Nothing, I just wanted to make sure."

"Oh."

 The two walked for a few more minutes before Donghae broke the ice.

"Hey, Hyukkie?"

"What?"

"I love you too."

"Good."

----------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that this will be ending soon D:

Oh, and sorry for the short chapter, I can barely keep my eyes open, and I just wanted to give you guys something. (please ignore the mistakes, I'll fix 'em later xD)