Reuniting.

Match Made In Heaven

 

               Donghae stared aimlessly at the ceiling as he lay on his back in bed. He was exhausted. He couldn't sleep at all the other night after the phone call with Hyukjae. As much as he tossed and turned, he just couldn't manage to close his eyes for more than a few seconds. Hyukjae had told him that he had booked the nearest flight, which was about a week from now.

                 Of course, as much as he was ecstatic about being able to see that lump of red again, he couldn't help but feel a surge of guilt through his heart. He still was not fully convinced that what Hyukjae was doing was the right thing. He hoped and prayed it was, and that it wouldn't be just a source of pure regret.

                   He tossed his head to the side to check the clock, and realized it was already 11 in the morning and he hadn't slept yet. He then remembered that he was planning on hanging out with Kyuhyun since it was Friday and shot out of bed. He quickly dressed up in whatever pants and sweater he could set his hands on before brushing his teeth and leaving the house. About half way through Kyuhyun's house, he realized he had forgotten to bring his phone, and had forgotten to fix his bed hair. Donghae cursed under his breath but didn't bother to get back.

                  He gently pressed the door bell to the brunette's house and smiled sheepishly when his mother appeared, "Oh! Donghae, it's been a long time since I've seen you! How are you, sweetheart?" The younger bowed slightly, "Good morning, Mrs. Cho. I'm fine, I was coming over to hang out with Kyu…is he here?"

                The middle aged woman chuckled, "He's still asleep. How about you go wake him up?" On the outside, Donghae only nodded like the obedient good boy he was supposed to be and let out a polite smile, but on the inside, he was continuously cursing himself for bothering to get out of bed when that lazy of a friend was still in his.

                Donghae made his way upstairs and into Kyuhyun's room. He couldn't help a smile from forming at the unconscious lump beneath the light blue covers. He walked over to his friend and poked his cheek, "Kyu, wake up, you hypocrite." He muttered with a light laugh. The sleeping brunette starting stirring and stretching before slowly opening his eyes and forming a goofy grin, "Oh…Hi."

                   Kyuhyun got up into a sitting position so that Donghae could get some space next to him, "What time is it?" He murmured. Donghae shrugged and looked at his watch, "11:30." Kyuhyun nodded and rubbed his eyes sleepily, "Did you eat?" Donghae shook his head and smiled, "Didn't even shower." Kyuhyun finally looked up at him and chuckled at the sight, "Dude, your hair is sticking out in all directions."

                   Donghae's face turned beet red- he hadn't expected it to bed this bad. He quickly ran his fingertips through his locks and straightened them out, "Better?" Kyuhyun nodded as he got out of bed, "Come on, I'm hungry." The two went downstairs and into the kitchen. They made themselves a bowl of cereal before sitting down on the dining table.

                  "So," Kyuhyun mumbled with his mouth full, "What's new?" Donghae sighed and smiled lightly, "Kyu…uh, I talked to Hyukkie last n-night...and, well, he's coming back!" Kyuhyun spat out the cereal and widened his eyes, "He's what?" Donghae nodded with a chuckle, "Hyukkie is coming back for me."

                 Kyuhyun grinned, "Awesome. We missed that little monkey of yours, even though he was always quiet when we were all together." Donghae nodded and let out a small sigh, "Hey, Kyu?" The brunette had picked out his PSP from out of nowhere and was already playing, "Hmm?" Donghae bit his lip, "What do you think about all of this? Am I doing the right thing?"    

                 Kyuhyun slowly looked up, "Of course you are. Hae, I'm actually really happy Hyuk's coming back. I mean, we've been really worried about you guys." Donghae hummed in response, "He always seems so exhausted when we speak on the phone, it's starting to really concern me- I mean, knowing Hyukkie, he's probably overworking himself over there."

                   The younger shrugged, "Still, Hyukjae is strong in his own way. He'll get better." He gave Donghae a reassuring smile, which soon turned into a childish grin, "Hae! How about we play Call of Duty?! I just bought it yesterday!" Donghae rolled his eyes, "You already know that I'm not into those stupid video games."

                   Kyuhyun puffed his cheeks up and pouted, trying to trick Donghae like he always did to Sungmin, "Hyung~ pleaaase~" Donghae narrowed his eyes, "How come you only call me Hyung when you want something?" Kyuhyun just batted his eyelashes, receiving a defeated groan from Donghae.

-----------------------------------------------

                    Donghae went back home later that afternoon after being harassed by Kyuhyun for losing so many damn times. He puffed his cheeks up in annoyance when he recalled how the brunette stuck his tongue out in his face. Disrespectful bastard. He let out a long sigh of content once his back collided with the soft, fluffy mattress of his bed.

                    One week. Just one more week left and he'll get to run into Hyukjae's arms, kiss the hell out of him, cuddle with him. Donghae smiled at the thought and curled up his body up on the bed, falling asleep with the first peaceful expression he had had since two months.

                      Several minutes later, Donghae frowned in annoyance when someone barged into the room, disturbing his sleep, "Hae!" Donghae moaned, as if to tell Donghwa to go away, and that he was sleeping. But the other didn't seem to get the message, and instead, started poking the half-conscious boy, "Hae, Hae! Wake up; I've got so many things to tell you!" Donghae's eyes fluttered open as he lazily sat up.

                   To tell the truth, he was quite surprised that his brother was smiling. He had never seen him so happy for over a year now, "Yes, Hyung?" He murmured softly while rubbing his eyes. Donghwa settled himself on the bed next to the younger and his smile grew wider, "I-I met someone. She's so nice."

                    Donghae smiled lightly and sighed in relief, "That's great. Are you two together?" Donghwa shrugged, "Not yet. We're still getting to know each other. She's really pretty, though." Donghae leaned back and rested his back on the headboard, "Do you like her?" The other seemed hesitant before he mumbled out, "I'm not sure, Hae. I mean, I don't want to trick myself and end up hurt again. I'm not sure of how I'm going to be able to trust her."

                    Donghae pursed his lips, "Hyung, you have to take things slowly. You never know what intentions a person has- just get to know her really well, and by the look in her eyes, you'll know if there's a chance or not." He smiled at the other, "The eyes never lie."

                    Donghae returned the smile with a wider one, "So, how are things going between you and Hyukjae?" The younger's cheeks flushed slightly as he brought his knees up to his chest, "We're fine…just fine. God, I miss him so much." Donghae smiled lightly and quickly wiped a tear that managed to roll down his cheek, "He was always there for me. It just feels so strange to look back at how we first met, like half a year ago, and he was always so shy and clumsy."

                      Donghae chuckled as memories fled across his mind, "I remember I used to always about his looks- his thick glasses, his messy, matted hair, his choice of clothing. He was like a walking geek." Donghwa laughed at that, "But he changed for you, Hae. He only changed his appearance to impress you. And you know what; I think you've done a great job yourself."

                      Donghae stared at him with a confused expression, "What do you mean?" The older of the two grinned and ran a hand through his hair, "You changed him for the better. Don't you notice that he doesn't stutter anymore? He's also not as clumsy- I mean, he can actually walk a few meters without tripping on his own feet or knocking something off. And he's also not as awkward and shy, right?"

                       The younger let out a huge smile, "Y-Yeah…Hyukkie did change, it's like…it's like he became a whole new different person!" Donghwa chuckled, "Yeah. Then that means you saved him, I guess." Donghae let out a small giggle as his cheeks turned a soft tint of pink. He was finally forgetting about all his worries for a while.

-------------------------------------

                      It was five in the morning. Donghae woke up feeling as hyper and energetic as ever. Today was the day. He still had another four hours to fetch Hyukjae and Sora from the airport, but he just couldn't stay still. When he tried to tell himself to stay still and wait a few hours before getting ready, he would end up bouncing uncontrollably on his seat while staring at the seemingly unmoving clock.

                     Donghae pouted and decided to get ready. He needed to look his best in front of the redhead. He walked over to his wardrobe and sat cross-legged on his bed, staring intently at every outfit he had. About ten silent minutes later, he got up and pulled out his denim skinny jeans, a black tank top, and over that, he would wear his favorite black and red checkered shirt with the sleeves fixed up to his elbows.

                     After finally deciding on what to wear, Donghae went into the bathroom and took a long, relaxing shower to calm himself down. No word could describe how nervous he was. He kept on taking deep breaths as if his heart would stop beating at any second now.

                    A while later, when he finally left the shower, he wanted to make sure he had the perfect skin, which meant covering all the dark circles and flaws on his face. Donghae grimaced; he felt like a lovesick fangirl trying to impress her oppa in any way that she possibly could. He shook the thought off and sneaked into his mother's room.

                      He breathed out a sigh of relief realizing that she wasn't in there and immediately locked the door of the room to avoid any embarrassing situations. He rushed over to her makeup box and pulled out her concealer and eyeliner. God, he felt like a girl. He brushed all of his thoughts aside and clumsily applied a few drops of the concealer onto his index finger, and then traced it on the dark spots under his eyes and next to his nose. It felt like he was painting himself.

                    After so many lousy attempts, he moved to the easier step- the eyeliner. He had definitely put on eyeliner countless of times before, so this wasn't going to be so difficult. Once he put everything back in its place, he snatched the lotion in front of the mirror and squished it into his palms and applied it on every exposed spot of his body. Everyone loves soft bodies. Donghae giggled at the thought.  

                    Time past by pretty fast and there was only an hour left. Donghae gulped and tried to adjust his hair to perfection. He didn't look so bad. He smiled to the mirror and gave himself an encouraging thumb up before grabbing his cellphone and heading toward the airport.

-----------------------------------

                   Donghae probably looked so stupid right now. He'd been sitting on one of the benches in the airport for the past hour. It's not like it was Hyukjae's fault, he just arrived too early. He kept on checking his wristwatch every few minutes to make sure the redhead wasn't late or anything. As time got closer, his heart started pounding harder and harder.

                  He even mentally scolded himself for being so jumpy, but he was just too nervous to stay still. Donghae his lips out of a habit and looked around the place. Suddenly, a lady started talking into the speaker, stating that flight number 2683- Hyukjae and Sora's flight- had just landed safely at the airport. Donghae's heart started pounding even faster. Finally, finally, finally!

                   He waited for about ten minutes in his seat before families, couples, and kids started coming out of the entrance. Donghae immediately stood up and chewed viciously on his lower lip. It was then that he saw that all too familiar head of red walking down with a petite black-haired girl. Donghae's heart melted as a huge grin crept its way onto his lips.

                  Hyukjae was dressed up in his favorite black cargo pants, a black wife-beater, a casual red jacket, and a pair of old converse. Donghae looked up at his face and realized that it was almost entirely covered with Hyukjae's sunglasses. Donghae held his breath and squealed in delight before quite literally sprinting over to the oblivious redhead.

              Hyukjae seemed to catch up rather quickly, and as soon as he saw Donghae's orange hair standing out among everyone, he instinctively opened his arms as wide as he could to the approaching younger. Donghae came and swiftly jumped onto Hyukjae's frame. He wrapped his legs around the elder's waist and his arms around his neck.

                Hyukjae automatically set his arms under the younger's to prevent him from falling. Usually, Donghae would comment on Hyukjae being a ert, but there was no time for that now. The redhead pulled Donghae into a deep, longing kiss and twirled him around, just like in those sappy romantic movies.

                  Donghae cupped Hyukjae's face and kissed absolutely every part of it- even his eyelids. He then buried his face in Hyukjae's shoulder and let out a sob that had been dying to come out for the past hours, "Two months! T-Two freaking months!" He choked out.

                  Hyukjae set him down and quickly wiped away his tears, taking his shades off and whispering to the younger, "Shh, I'm here now. I'll never leave again, baby." Donghae smiled and let out another sob, but this time of pure joy and delight. He threw himself in Hyukjae's arms and kept a tight hold against his shirt to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

                   The two were snapped back to reality by someone clearing their throat in an exaggerated manner. Donghae pulled back and giggled when he saw Hyukjae's sister, Sora, spreading her arms widely in a dramatic way with a scowl decorating her face. He hastily pulled the older girl into a tight, warm hug and whispered, "Welcome home."