The challenge begins.

Match Made In Heaven

 

                Donghae woke up at noon and felt strong arms wrapped around his upper body. His eyes fluttered open and a small smile crept its way to his thin lips, and without even thinking, he turned around only to have his smile drop and being replaced with a frown.  

Just Donghwa Hyung.

                 He sighed but snuggled close to his brother's warmth nonetheless. He started recalling how he almost broke down when Hyukjae and his family entered the plane. How pathetic of him. Heechul and Siwon had taken him back home, and the last thing he remembered before going to sleep was Siwon tucking him into bed and ruffling his hair and Heechul kissing his cheek.

                 His thoughts drifted off to Hyukjae and how the redhead had told him that he loved him. Donghae hated this. Why couldn't they say those three words earlier? Why did they confess immediately before Hyukjae was to leave? It honestly made him feel empty.

------------------------------------

                 Hyukjae and his family had arrived at New York in the late afternoon, and everyone was exhausted and just wanted to have a long, nice sleep. The redhead hadn't uttered a word ever since they left the airport many hours ago.

                They had just arrived to their new home. Hyukjae walked upstairs and entered one of the bedrooms which he assumed was his, from his father's description. Hyukjae flopped down on the king-sized bed and suddenly felt so lonely and empty. He got the sudden urge to call Donghae, but shook the thought off since he figured that the younger was probably sleeping or something.

                  He wasn’t used to staying mere fourteen hours without Donghae, and he already missed him a lot. His heart sank when he realized that he won't be seeing him anymore except in videos or pictures. That wasn't enough.

                Hyukjae swallowed and slowly rested his limp body onto the empty, stiff bed. He tried to think of better things to somehow cheer himself up, and his thoughts drifted to why he had agreed to come to New York. Hyukjae let out a small, dry smile and closed his eyes, immediately falling into deep sleep.

--------------------------------------

                  Heechul had told Donghae that he shouldn't be coming to campus the next day since he seemed so restless and tired, however the younger was stubborn enough to decline and use the energy left within him to argue about needing to go out.

                 Donghae and Kyuhyun were walking down the hallways in complete silence. Kyuhyun was honestly a bit worried about the other for being so silent and upset. He quietly closed his PSP and shoved the game into his back pocket.

                 He abruptly paused walking and grabbed the elder's hand to stop him as well. Donghae gave him a questioning look to which the brunette just sighed and pulled the smaller guy into a tight, loving hug. Donghae smiled against the other's shoulder and whispered a 'thank you' before letting go and ruffling Kyuhyun's hair.

                 "Hae, Kyu- Wait up!" They heard Heechul's voice call out faintly. The pair stopped walking and turned around, smiling at Heechul, who seemed to be running for quite a while now, "Hey, Heechul Hyung." Donghae said sweetly. However, he was somewhat taken aback when Heechul gave him a scrutinizing gaze.

                 The oldest of the three rushed over and cupped Donghae's face, "What'd you just call me? Did you just call me Heechul Hyung?" He whisper-yelled. The younger swallowed dryly before hesitantly nodding his head; not knowing what he had done wrong.

                   Heechul let go and frowned, "But you don't call me Hyung unless you want something…And you certainly never call me 'Heechul'." He stated. Donghae seemed to finally realize what the other was talking about and let out a frown of his own, "Y-Yeah…I guess it just slipped. Don't worry, Chullie." He said softly and tugged nervously on his sleeve.

                 Heechul shook his head and sighed, "Sweety, you know he's going to be just fine, and so will you, right?" Donghae let out a small, yet genuine smile. He loved it when Heechul talked to him in a motherly way. He slowly nodded his head, "Yes, Hyung- Ch-Chullie, I mean."

 -------------------------------------

                     By the end of the day, Donghae had already slept against one of his friends several times, to which he received scolds from Heechul for being so stubborn and coming that day. Siwon had insisted on walking him back home since he had barely had the chance to even see him on campus, and the two were currently walking down the cold streets.

                  Siwon let out a smile when he noticed that the younger was wearing a rather thick sweater, a coat, scarf, beanie- Everything, really. Donghae was really trying, not for himself, but for Hyukjae. He held Donghae's smaller hands in his own cold ones, "Hae?"

"Hmm?"

"Tell me what's going on in your mind."

"N-Nothing is going on in my mind."

"Don't lie."

"I'm not-"

"Yes you are, you're stuttering. Now tell me."

                      Donghae sighed and unconsciously clung onto Siwon's arms and bit back a whimper, "I'm confused. My mind is so chaotic right now, Wonnie. I don't know what to do, and I don't know what to think." He whispered. Siwon the smaller guy's hair, "Well I bed Hyukjae feels the exact same way right now."

Donghae nodded slowly and simply buried his face in Siwon's shoulder. Siwon knew that the smaller was on the verge of crying, and Donghae hated people seeing the weak side of him, so he simply followed along and wrapped his arms around his small frame.

---------------------------------

                   When Donghae was finally back home, he immediately rushed up his bedroom and picked his phone up, hastily dialing Hyukjae's new number. He let out a shaky breath and sat up in his bed, bringing his knees up to his chest and resting his arms on them.

                    Hyukjae felt his phone vibrate in his phone. This was the first call he got in New York. He was taking a walk and getting to know the neighborhood they lived in, admiring the green nature, the huge buildings, and even the streets. He slowly picked up his phone and checked the ID. Immediately, his face lit up as he pressed the green button and shoved the phone against his ear, "Hae, Baby!"

                    Donghae was a bit startled by the tone, but in a split second, his face broke down into a wide smile, "Hyukkie! How are you? How is it like in there? Are you having fun? Tell me, Hyukkie, did you meet anyone new? How does your bedroom look like? How are your parents and Sora?-" Hyukjae laughed against the phone and cut the younger's endless questions off, "Slow down, baby. I'll tell you everything, even though nothing much is going on around here, since it's only my third day."

                    Donghae smiled, "Come on, tell me, tell me!" Hyukjae grinned from the other side of the line, "Well, as for your first question, I'm fine; I'm not really used to the surroundings so I haven't been sleeping well, but I'm fine nonetheless. The weather is really nice in here, Hae; it's not cold or hot- Just perfect."

                  Donghae felt his heart warm up, "D-Did you meet any new people, Hyukkie?" A moment of silence fell through their conversation before Hyukjae spoke up softly, "Not yet." Donghae just guessed that the redhead didn't receive what he had said earlier.

                    Hyukjae sat on a nearby bench and tilted his head backwards, "I really miss you." He heard a sniffle from the other line, to which he immediately frowned at, "Baby?" Donghae let out a small, forced laugh, "I miss you too, Hyukkie. I miss you already." Hyukjae smiled lightly before whispering, "I love you." A silence fell between them, and he was sure that Donghae was blushing right now, trying to let the words sink in, "L-Love you too, Hyukkie." Yup, he was right.

                    The two talked for several more minutes before they had hanged up, since their calls were very expensive. Donghae's heart sank when he realized that they only should talk once a day on the phone to not waste so much of their parents' money.

                    Moments later, his phone vibrated in his hand, signaling a new text message. Donghae opened it and a smile crept its way to his lips. Hyukjae sent him a picture of himself, probably taken just now, of him blowing a kiss to the camera, with his lips puckered up cutely.

                   Donghae sighed and suddenly craved to kiss Hyukjae's sweet, plump lips. He shifted in his position and buried his face in his arms, letting out a long, exasperated sigh and sniffling softly.

 

 

I'll wait for him. 

-------------------------------------