State of denial.

Match Made In Heaven

 

                  Donghae walked into his English class the next day and flopped down on his seat, next to Hyukjae. He glowered at Hyukjae and slapped his arm really hard. The brunette yelped, "OW! W-what the hell?!" Donghae sent him a death glare, "Shut up. I'm in a bad mood." Hyukjae glared right back at him, "So you blow your steam up on me?!"

               The orange-haired boy didn't reply but instead softened his glare and instead, pouted. Hyukjae widened his eyes. So bipolar. The teacher walked in and the lecture room immediately fell silent. Hyukjae faced the whiteboard and started to pay attention to the discussion.

                Donghae frowned, "Hey." He whispered. Hyukjae didn't bother looking at him, "What?" The younger's frown deepened, "Do you have any food?" The brunette narrowed his eyes and finally looked down at the other, "Why would I have any food in a lecture room?" Donghae scrunched up his nose adorably, "But I'm hungry." The brunette shook his head and faced the whiteboard once more, only to receive a very painful fist in his stomach.

 ----------------------------------------------------

                      Hyoyeon rested her head on Hyukjae's shoulder, "I'm so freaking tired~" She whined. The brunette sighed and awkwardly placed his head above her's, "Me too." Hyukjae watched as Jessica ran over to Donghae and gave him a huge smooch on the lips; however he frowned when he noticed how the other didn't respond, but instead shoved her away.

                    The blonde scoffed and yawned, "Pitiful." Hyukjae smiled, "Very." Hyoyeon sighed in content, "Donghae really is good looking." Hyukjae raised an eyebrow and ignored the feeling in the pit of his stomach, "I thought you liked that waiter." Hyoyeon grinned, "I do; I'm just simply stating a fact here."

                     "Jess, leave!" They heard Donghae yell at the poor girl. Hyoyeon flinched slightly, "I wonder why he's so mean to her." Hyukjae shrugged, "He's mean to everyone." The blonde chuckled before frowning slightly when she saw the disappointment in Jessica's eyes as she left the cafeteria.

                    Hyukjae groaned a while later, breaking the complete silence between the two. Hyoyeon turned around and giggled softly at the brunette trying to keep his hair in place, "You really need hair therapy, Hyuk." She teased in between her giggles. Hyukjae frowned, "It's not that bad." Hyoyeon giggled a bit louder this time, "You're so drowning in denial." The brunette stuck his tongue out childishly.

---------------------------------------------

                   At the end of the day, like the stalker Hyukjae was, decided to stay behind and silently listen to Donghae playing the piano once more. He shuffled clumsily to the Music room. He immediately heard beautiful, relaxing music being played and smiled to himself.

                He slowly sat down, resting his back against the door and closed his eyes, enjoying the calmness. A while later, however, the music stopped, making Hyukjae frown in disappointment. Suddenly the door was opened, making the brunette yelp in surprise and fall onto his back.

               He reluctantly looked up to meat Donghae's grimace, "What are you doing here?" He asked softly. Hyukjae fiddled with his necktie, "U-um… what are you doing here?" He asked stupidly in a skeptical manner. Donghae rolled his eyes, "Go away." The elder clumsily stood up and turned around, ready to leave in embarrassment.

               "Wait!" Donghae almost yelled abruptly, Hyukjae turned around with a questioning look. The younger sighed, "Would you like to join me?" Hyukjae gaped. That guy was seriously bipolar. He then shrugged it off and followed Donghae into the room.

               "Sit." Donghae commanded and pointed at the piano stool. Hyukjae stared at him weirdly, "I can't play the piano." The younger stared for a while before huffing, "I said sit!" Hyukjae was startled by the sudden tone change and immediately flopped down on the stool.

              Donghae then casually sat down on Hyukjae's lap, his back facing the other and started playing the piano. The brunette's heart was threatening to burst out of his ribcage in any second as he shifted awkwardly. He felt Donghae lean all his body weight against him comfortably and rest his back against the other's chest.

              Hyukjae slowly calmed down after a while, getting into the mood Donghae was creating. It was like some sort of playful lullaby, and he loved every bit of it. Before he knew it, Donghae stopped playing and sighed, shifting slightly so that he was face to face with the dazed Hyukjae.

               "How was I?" He whispered. Hyukjae swallowed, "Great." He swore he noticed a small blush creep its way to Donghae's pale cheeks, making his heart thump loudly once more. The younger sighed and finally got off of Hyukjae's lap, walking over to the door, "You're not a comfortable chair." He said softly, chuckling, and walking away, leaving a very confused Hyukjae behind. Seriously?! Is he trying to kill me?!

-------------------------------------------

                  Hyoyeon stared at the oblivious Hyukjae intensly, "You like him." She stated firmly. The brunette frowned, "Who?" The blonde scoffed, "Donghae. You like Donghae." Hyukjae gasped and widened his eyes, "No I d-d-d-don't!" He was a stuttering mess. Hyoyeon smiled evilly, "It's so obvious, Hyuk. You at lying." Hyukjae frowned deeply in her direction before burying his face in his palms, not trusting his voice to retort back.

                "You have to change the way you look if you want to get him." Hyukjae pushed his hideous glasses closer to his eyes, "Huh?" Hyoyeon leaned back on her chair, "I mean, I can tell he's already beginning to cling more to you, judging by how bipolar you told me he is, but you still have to change your look."

                 Hyukjae puffed his cheeks up, "Am I that ugly?" He asked softly. The blonde's eyes softened as she scooted closer to him. She took his thick glasses off and then pulled his hair back so that his forehead showed, "Hmm, actually, your monkey-like features are quite handsome, you just need to show your face more rather than hiding behind those glasses and this huge hair of yours." She laughed softly, receiving a scowl from her friend.

                 "So what do you say?" She whispered excitedly. Hyukjae scoffed and put his glasses back on, "Okay, first of all, I so don't like him. I mean he's good looking and all, but I feeling nothing for him. And second, I am not willing to change the way I look for the sake of pleasing him." Hyoyeon's expression changed from ecstatic to annoyed, she slapped Hyukjae's chest and started to choke him with his own necktie, "You're hopeless, Hyuk!"

-------------------------------------------

                   Donghae walked back home and opened the front door, "I'm home." He mumbled under his breath, to no one in particular, "Donghae!" He heard the all too familiar voice call for him; he immediately shot his head up, "Mom? You're back!" She grinned widely and hugged her son, "Gosh, I missed you." She cooed and pinched his nose.

                  "How's Donghwa?" She suddenly turned serious. Donghae's eyes saddened, "Still locked up in his room." The woman sighed, "Sweety, please get him some food. He must be really hungry." The boy nodded and pecked his mother's cheek before getting into the kitchen and pulling out some of last night's leftovers and setting the meal into a small tray.

                  He walked upstairs and softly knocked on the closed bedroom door, "Donghwa Hyung? Please open the door for me!" Donghae pleaded with all his might, only to be startled by something being roughly thrown from the inside of the door, "Go away, Donghae." His brother's cold, deep voice echoed through the empty silence of the room.

                  Donghae's shoulders slumped down in hopelessness, "Hyung, please…" He whispered as he set the tray down and leaned against the locked door. He heard a few curses from inside the room and the sound of keys shuffling against the door. Donghae's eyes sparkled as he backed away slightly.

               Donghwa opened the door irritably, "What?" He snapped. Donghae let out a soft whimper and dove into his brother's chest, giving him a tight, longing hug, "I miss you." He whispered softly, trying his best to fight back tears. He felt the elder's tense body slowly relax in his hold, "Let go, Hae." He said softly this time.

            Donghae obeyed and let go of the hug, he let out a watery smile escape his thin lips as he handed his brother the tray of food, "You must be hungry, Hyung." Donghwa shook his head and walked into the room; ready to slam it shut, but was stopped by Donghae who shoved the door back open and got inside quickly, "Please, eat something." He gave his best puppy eyes, making the elder surrender instantly.

                 Donghwa walked over to his bed and slowly lay down, staring aimlessly at the ceiling. Donghae sighed and walked over to his brother, sitting down on the bed and getting a spoonful of pasta in front of the elder's face. Donghwa rolled his eyes, "I'm not hungry." Donghae's eyes softened "Don't lie. I know you're starving." He quickly shoved the spoon into the other's mouth in one go, "Chew." He ordered playfully. The other just rolled his eyes and did as he was told.

                  "You need to forget her. She's not worth the pain." Donghae whispered and fiddled with his fingers. He yelped when he felt a hand wrapped tightly around his throat, "Shut up!" Donghwa yelled furiously. The younger whimpered and couldn't hold back his tears anymore, one tear fell after another, making Donghwa feel slightly guilty and let go of him. Donghae stood up and walked out of the room, just as he was about to close the door, he whispered, "You're too much, Hyung. Sometimes I just want to beat the living daylights out of you."

---------------------------------------------

A/N: Short update. Gaaaaaaaah I have so many assignments to finish DX

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Please comment! ;w;