Thinking of You

Unexpected Love

Ann’s POV

Ivan took me home after the incident in the school garden with James. I still can’t believe his here right now with me. I have been the trending topic in school after what happened between me, him and James earlier. I leave in a condo unit near the school; my parents bought it just for me when they decided to enroll me at McKinley High.

Ivan why did you tell James that we’re engaged? I asked him still shocked at what just happened. I feel like everything is a nightmare, well maybe not all, Hard to admit it but kissing James for 3 times in one day turned out bad from good. Wait, what am I talking about? It’s all bad.

“Because his being aggressive to you. I didn’t lie we both know we really are engage” He replied as he placed his thing on the floor and sat on the couch.

“I know but we both know that our parents are the one who arrange it, we never want to get married in the first place. And didn’t we have an agreement that we won’t be seeing each other until I finish college and by that time if we both didn’t find true love, we would agree to the whole idea of an arrange marriage.” I explained

“Ann, what if I don’t want to find true love, what if I want to be married to you? Be with you forever” He said as he touch my hair then he place his hands on my shoulder.

“Ivan we talked about this already. I see you as my big brother; we became best friends like forever. Please give me the chance to meet my prince, to be with someone else besides you for a change, please be fair to me” I asked him while I gave him my ever so famous puppy dog eyes.

“Fine! But I can’t leave, your mom told me to stay with you, she wants to assure your safety.” He replied as he removes his hands and turned his back on me.

“Ivan” I sighed.

“No buts’ no if’s Ann; plus think about it if we stay together, James won’t get near you anymore. He has to leave you alone.”He said before I can even continue
I just sat down the couch in defeat. He is right, James will definitely leave me alone now, but why do I feel, that I don’t want James to leave me alone, that having Ivan with me could stop me from meeting the right one. I got to admit that even James is a Jerk in some ways I can see he cares for me, and he might be even jealous with Ivan. I said to myself.

I touched my lips as I try to remember the 3 kisses me and James shared in one day. I didn’t even notice that Ivan was staring at me.


James POV

“Arghhhh!!! Why of all girls it has to be her” I said as I punch the wall. I’m so mad right now. How can I compete with Ivan they are already engaged.

“Relax Man, Ann is just a girl, let her go, you’ll meet someone else more worthy for you” Bret said as he tries to calm me down.

“Bret please, don’t you get it; I Always get the girl. Don’t you know who I am? I’m James Corgan” I said I waited for his reply but he just stands there in silent.

“Hi James” someone called my name and to my luck it’s Tricia with the rest of the McKinley Angels.

“Tricia! What do you want? Can’t you see I’m talking with Bret” I respond as she starts to get closer to me and get flirty. She put her hands around my neck, I was starting to get annoyed with her, I tried to get away, but she keeps following me.

“James you know what I want, and that is you, now that that girl is out of the picture I have you all to myself” she said. Why on earth is she so irritating. I just looked at Bret and gave him a signal for us to go. I pushed her away from me and walked away. I took a few steps when I felt that Bret wasn’t following me at all. I looked back to see him staring at Fretzie or more like drooling over her.

I went to him and pulled his arm.

“Dude let me go, I don’t need to be drag” he said as he tries to remove my hands.

“Dude stop drooling and talk to her already” I said now I’m more irritated.

“Shut up! You know I don’t have a shot with Fretzie, plus I’m not the one who has love problems right?!”He looked at me with his teasing face. 

“What you mean Ann, I’m over her, you’re right man she’s just a girl” I lied. I couldn’t admit that Ann really got the best of me. But what more can I do she’s already engage.

“Lily?” Someone said from behind it was Ryan my other Best friend. He’s our student Body President. He always knows how make someone laugh.

“Ryan my Man, How are you?” He said as we do our manly greeting.

“I’m fine, been busy since this morning; I was looking for the two of you, where have you been all day” He asked. 

“Nothing much, same as always” I just replied I don’t want to talk about everything that happened.

“Lily says here on my Twitter account. You and a girl name Ann Li Gomez had a one day relationship” He said as he showed me his iphone. 

“Don’t believe everything you read Ryan, that’s not good for you” I just replied and walk away. I went home after that. I laid o my bed and close my eyes.

Author’s POV

Ann was already in her room same as James she’s also lying on her bed. Eye’s shut but not asleep.

They both keep having flashbacks of what happened today.

Their first meeting.

Their first, second and third kiss.

James gets up and sits n the corner of his bed while Ann opened her eyes and touched her lips once again.

“ Why Can’t I stop thinking about her”

“Why Can’t I stop thinking about him.” 

They both said in Unison.