Mom?!

Unexpected Love

Ivan's POV.

It’s been two nights already and she’s still not home. Where did Ann go? Where did James take her? It’s my entire fault if I haven’t punched Ann’s beautiful face she wouldn’t be with James right now. What if she haven’t gain conscious until now. James might …might take advantage of her.

*Arghhh Ivan how can you be so stupid.* I was talking to myself when I heard the door bell rang. I opened the door it was Tita May (Ann’s mother).

“Hi Ivan “She greeted me as I let her in. She gave me a peek on the cheeks.

“Tita what are you doing here?” I asked

“Isn’t it obvious I came here to visit Ann and of course my future son in law. “ She answered.

“Tita you don’t have to do that” I said.

“So where’s Ann?”

“She not here Tita, She with some friends doing a project”

“Is that so? Well Just tell her I dropped by and I need to see her. I’m staying at Treston Mansion you two must visit me sometimes, I‘ll just text you the number of my room. “She said as she went to the door and left.

“Yes Tita. Thank for visiting, I’ll tell Ann as soon as she gets home.’ I said as I wave goodbye.

I closed the door and sighed….

Ann's POV

“ANN!”

I heard someone called my name, I looked back t see who it was and to my surprise, it’s my mom. I let go of James hands immediately the minute I saw her looking at us.

“Mom?! What are you doing here?” I asked as I went near her leaving James behind

*Darn Ann you’re so dead*

“Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that?” She said as look at my back to see the person I was with.

*She’s mad I know it she crossed her arms and put it over her chess. *

“Ann tells me what you are doing here? “She asked

“Mrs. Gomez, welcome back it’s been a long time since I last saw you” Lauren said as she went closer to my mom.

*I really owe her big time*

“Lauren It’s so nice to see you again. Are you back here for good?” My Mom asked her.

“You two knows each other? I asked.

“Well of course whenever I want to relax and get away from your father I always go here. And for you to know Laurens Family owns this Hotel”

“Mrs. Gomez is Ann your daughter that you have been telling me?” 

“Why yes Lauren. This is Ann my daughter, but it seems you two already know each other as well, isn’t it a small world.” My mom said. Lauren and my mom just laugh about that. So I just laughed along with them.

“It’s a small world my brother is Ann’s new boyfriend, James come here. Lauren said

*Shoot now I’m really dead*

“Boyfriend?” My mom said as she looked at me and gave me a grin. I went closer to her and I heard her whisper “We’ll talk about this later Ann.

“Mrs. Gomez this is my brother. James”

“Good evening, I’m James Alfred Luis Corgan . It’s an honor to finally meet Ann’s Beautiful mother, now I know where she gets her looks from. He said as she grabs my mother’s 
right hand and kissed it.

*James Alfred Luis Corgan *

“You’re Ann’s Boyfriend? This can’t be, Ann we have to talk now, Excuse us please.”My mom said as she grabs my hands and drags me away from James and Lauren. 

*I don’t even have the chance to say goodbye*
My Mom and I went to the Hotel’s restaurant.

“Ann Li Tell me who’s this James to you, is this why you’re not home and you even let 
Ivan lie for you?”

“You where at my condo?”

*Ivan lied for me?*

“Yes and Ivan told me your with some friends doing a school project, so is James that project?”

“He told you that? Did he also tell you that he punched me yesterday? “

“He what!?I better call him then” she said as she get her phone

“Mom don’t, I’ll just talk to him, when I get home”


“No Ann I want to hear Ivan’s side about this matter, did he even know that you have a boyfriend, this is what I’m afraid off. I shouldn’t have let you study here.”

“But Mom I Love James.” I protested as I stand up and lay my hands on the table.

“Ann stop this foolishness. Ivan is your fiancé “

“But I don’t love him” I screamed. Everyone in the room is now looking at us.

“Ann. I thought you already agreed about this marriage”

“But that’s before I met James “

“Ann Stop it. Everything is planned out already; after you graduate you’re going to get married with Ivan.”

“No! I don’t love him”

“Ann Li Gomez you listen to your mother. Now sit down. I already texted Ivan, he said his on his way.

“You what?!”

I sat down in defeat. I was so mad. I crossed my arms over my chest and waited patiently for Ivan to arrive.

When Ivan arrived my Mom and him talked first then Ivan went near me, so we could talk leaving my mom on the other table.

“Ann I’m sorry about yesterday I didn’t mean that it was you got between James and me” He said as he kneel down in front of me begging for my forgiveness..

“It’s okay Ivan I already forgive you about that. But I just have one favor to ask. Can we 
tell my Mom our deal?” I said as I helped him stand up.

“Our deal?”

“You know our deal about our marriage”

“Is it really necessary?”

“Yes it matters to me. Ivan this might sound weird to you since I only met James a couple of days ago but I know I love him and no amount of time is needed for my heart to figure it out.”

“You really love him don’t you?”

“Yes I do, so please, for me can we tell my Mom our deal?”

“In one condition”

“If he ever hurt you, you’ll get married to me, with no questions ask”

*James will never hurt me*

“Yes if James and I broke up officially I will get married to you with no questions ask”

“Okay! I agree”
We went near my Mom and talked to her.

“Mom, Ivan and I need to tell you something it’s about our marriage “I said as I sit down next to her.

“Tita Ann and I have a deal”

“A deal what kind of a deal?” She asked, she looked confused at the both of us.

“Ann and I promise each other if we both find true love before we graduate, there will be no wedding” Ivan explained. My mom face becomes more serious.
She remained quite for a while before finally spoke up

“If that’s the case I leave everything to you two. You’re both responsible young adult. But Ivan you should also tell this to your parents as well. .Okay I’ll go to my room now I can’t handle this entire drama in one night and Ann go home with Ivan okay and tomorrow meet me here and Bring James as Well I want to know him more.
She said as she stands up and kisses me on the cheeks and also Ivan.

“That surprisingly that went well” I said

“Yeah Once again you got your wish. If I didn’t love you that much I wouldn’t do that”

“But you love me, Thanks Ivan for understanding” I said as I gave him a kiss on his cheeks.

“Let’s go home “I added.

When we got home I went straight to my room. Washed up and put on my favorite yellow pajamas. It’s been a long time since I feel this happy . I was about to doze off when I heard my cellphone rang.

It was a message from James :
Goodnight My Ann. Just wanted to make sure you got home safely also how your Mom reacted about us.

James POV


Ann really does look like her mother. I wonder what happened to them. Maybe I should text her.

In a matter of minutes she replied.
Ann:

Goodnight My James. Yes I arrived home safely Ivan was with me. My Mom called him up to discuss about our wedding but don’t worry Ivan explained to my Mom already and BTW My Mom wants to know you more. She ask if we could go out together Tom.
Ann Pov 

After a while James replied

James : 

Sure I also want to meet your mother. How about I pick you up tom morning, 9 am perhaps. And Tell Ivan thank you for me.


James POV.

ANN Message:
Okay I’ll be ready by then, see you tom My James. And yes I’ll tell Ivan thank you .I Love you >.<

Ann's POV :

I’ve waited for James reply for 5 minutes still no text.

*Maybe he fall as sleep*

I was about to put away my phone when it rang. It was James calling.

“Hello” I said 

“I LOVE YOU ANN Li “is the only thing he said then he finally hung up.
That made me smile. 

*I wish this would never end the feeling of me loving him and him loving me.*


Author’s POV

They both rested their head and say goodnight at each other in Unison before they finally doze off.

“Goonight My Ann“

“Goodnight My James “