Love Wars

Unexpected Love

James POV


“Ann Li Gomez… Ann…Ann… “Why can’t I stop thinking about you” I exclaimed. I looked around to see that everybody’s staring at me.

“Did I just say that out loud” I asked myself. To my surprise someone answered from behind, it was Bret Lopez my ever so Talented Best friend. He can make songs on the spot with one snap of a finger.

“Yes! What’s the matter James? “ Bret said as he tries catch up with me.

“Hey man where have you been? I was looking everywhere for you” I said. Trying to distract him.

“ Really, last time I check your looking for that girl , what’s her name again… Ann Li Gomez” Bret said as he gave me this “DUDE WHO IS THIS GIRL “look…” He came in front of me and stopped me from walking.

How do you know about her? I asked him. 

“Everyone knows about the two of you, do you know that there’s even pictures and videos of the two of you kissing” he explained and show me some of the evidences.

“This could be good” I said, I saw Bret’s faces becoming more confuse of the way I’m acting.

“James tell me the truth? Do you like this girl? Do you seriously like her?” Bret asked. 

And the truth of the matters is maybe I do like her, she’s different, so fierce, and yet so dropped dead gorgeous. I keep this thought to myself. I have to act cool; I can’t be too obvious that this girl might have taken my breath away. I’m the most popular Guy in this school; I am D ‘JAMES CORGAN. I have a rep to protect. 

“James answer me” Bret exclaimed as he keeps snapping his fingers trying to get me back to reality.

“What?” I protested. 

“ Well do you like her or not?“ He once again asked

“ Maybe” I replied.

“So what’s the plan Captain? ” he said but before I can even speak someone pulled me from behind .

“James, Who is this girl?” she said as she showed me a picture of me kissing Ann.

“Tricia let go, you have no authority to ask but if you have to know, she’s Ann Li Gomez, The girl who owns my heart” I Explained. I saw both Bret and Tricia face in shocked.

“How dare you! You will regret this James I’ll make sure that this girl will suffer, you only belong to me!” She said then walks out, Bret was still surprised.

“Congrats dude you finally changed. I got to meet this girl” he said. 

“Relax man, I only said that so she would leave me alone” I said as I planted a devilish smile. Bret stopped remained quiet.

“ what’s wrong ?” I asked

“Dude you just made a wrong move, you just made that girls life a living hell” Bret explained as I analyzed the situation.

“ Who? Tricia?” still confused on what he meant.

“No Man Ann!, he said. and come to think his right. 

“ Bret we need to find her before Tricia does.” 

Ann's POV

I went to the cafeteria with Jenny after talking with James. Who ever thought that facing a BIG JERK could make someone so hungry?. As we get our lunch I can feel everybody in the room is staring at me.

“Jenny, promise me you’ll never leave me alone” I begged. I don’t want to be left alone again with James or anyone for that matter, I said to myself .

“ what’s the matter with you Ann?” She asked but I really can’t tell her the reason.

“Just promise me please” I replied

“ Okay! Okay! I promise” I was really glad I met Jenny. Now I don’t need to face that Jerk alone ever again. But why do I have goose bumps every time I say his name, remember his cute smile and his luscious lips pressed in mine.

 

“No! No! No!”I shouted. 

“Did I just say that aloud?” I asked Jenny as she tries to refrain herself from laughing.

“Okay Ann, Spill there’s something you’re not telling me.” Jenny said as we sat down on our lunch table.

“Promise me first that you will tell no one” I said.
“ Okay, promise no spill”
“ James kissed me again”
“What! Again as in for the second time” Jenny said in shocked. I immediately covered to refrain her from talking.

“Okay this is official you’re the luckiest girl in this school ever.”

“How can you call me lucky? I hate him for doing that! He is so full of himself so immature. And thinks every girl in this school would go crazy for him because of his handsome face. Well sorry to say he just needs to find another girl to mess with. So please let’s not talk about it anymore its so annoying” I explained. 

“So what does his lips tasted like?” Jenny asked excitedly

“Jenny!” I protested, we just remained quiet the whole time were eating.

When we were about to leave the table The McKinley Angels entered the cafeteria.
“Who is Ann Li Gomez?” Tricia asked as everyone faced me.

“I am “I said as I got closer to her. She looked at me from head to toe. I was so annoyed f her actions but I just stood up with pride and poise.

“You’re Ann Li Gomez” she said then laugh as the 3 girls behind her laugh with her then everyone in the room started laughing as well except for me and Jenny.

Okay this girl has some serious issues compared to her, I’m more beautiful.

“What’s your problem?” I asked. She stopped laughing and so did everyone”

“You my dear are my problem, I order you to leave James alone, you are never to speak nor look at him” she said as she crossed her arms and gave me a devilish look.

“What!” I exclaimed, as she was about to speak again James and a very cute guy entered the room.

“Tricia stop it”! James said as he went between me and Tricia.
“James, what is this all about?” I asked , I’m beginning to guess the situation that in the first place I don’t want to be in it.

“James, I don’t see why you like her. She’s is sooo hmmm what’s the word. Common. She said as she looked me in the eyes.

Is it just me or Tricia eyes are really big up-close. And did she just call me common? Me Ann Li Gomez a fashion designer / dancer/ballet dancer/ice skater/ pianist Common?

“How dare you, you didn’t even know me, and yet call me common. At least I don’t have Big Eyes” I exclaimed. I can see James trying to hide his laughter. This day has officially become the worse day of my life and it’s all because of James, the nerve of him to laugh at this kind of situation. Everyone in the room laugh as well.

“You’ll regret this. Mark my words James is mine” She said angrily

“I don’t belong to you Tricia and I’ll never will” James replied, he hold my hand and stand beside me. He has this protective face. That was so unbelievably gorgeous. He’s like a knight and shining Armor defending her princess from the evil Dragon. Wait what I am thinking. I let go of his hand and faced Tricia.

“Look if you want James” I was cut off again because James pulled be behind him.

“Tricia you have no right to say that to Ann” He said. Okay. He just turned from a jerk to a prince and all I could do is stare at him in admiration.

“Now I know what’s going on” she said giving me and James on of his devilish smile. Now I’m really confused.

“You are just using her to make me jealous, you don’t have to do that my dear James” she continued.
“Tricia get a life, I don’t like you, I like Ann and I can prove it “James said he them pulled me again to face him 


“What are you doing?”I whispered.” “Oh no is he trying to kiss me again “I asked myself

“Just close your eyes and go along with it “He explained. And God know what came over me because the next thing I knew I’m kissing him again for the third time today. But this time don’t want to struggle. I feel this kissed came naturally, I kissed him back. His lips were so soft and luscious.

He let go of me and looked a Tricia. I saw her face full of anger and jealousy.James just stood beside me as he hold my hand so tight.


“Hey she can’t blame me if James likes me than her right.” I thought to myself.
She snapped her finger then turned around as the three girls follow.

As they were about to exit the cafeteria ,I saw Ivan standing near the door. I was surprised to see him right here and there.

“Did he witnessed everything that have had happened just now.”the thought came to me.

“IVAN” I shouted in shocked and with disbelief. I felt happy seeing him again and a little bit embarrassed because of the situation I let go of James hand immediately 

I can feel James staring at me then him as well as everyone in the room, including the McKinley Angels.He was the center of attention for a moment. He broke the ice.
when he called my name as he came near me then hugged me. I can feel all eyes were on us including James.