Tell Me the Truth

Unexpected Love

Author’s POV

James and Ann was about to kiss only few more second their lips was about to touch when suddenly somebody called ANN

“ANN”

Ann opened her eyes and so did James they looked at each other for a while. James lets go of Ann and started to look at a different direction. Ann just stood there trying to remember what just happened or rather what should have had happened. 

“Ann”

Somebody called her again. Ivan came rushing then punched James in the face.

Ann's POV.

I heard someone calling my name. I opened my eyes and the next thing I knew I saw Ivan came rushing in then punched James on the face. He got knocked down. I hurriedly went to him.

“James are you alright?” I asked but he just nodded.

He looked at me. Eyes weary, and then he stands up and gave Ivan a punch as well.
Ivan got really mad so he took James by his collar.

“Do you want to die?” He asked. His fist was about to hit him again.
I don’t know what to do; I don’t want James to get hurt again, so I went in between them. And the next thing I knew. I passed out.

James POV

“Ann! Ann! Wake up” 

*Why did she have to get between Ivan and me, to protect me, Now look what happened, I rather be the one who got hurt than her.*

“Look what you did man! Why did you punch her?” 

“I didn’t mean it, I’m sorry” he said. He wants to get closer to her but I won’t allow it. He hurt Ann; He has no right! He dare call her his fiancé. 

*What if they got married. Ann will be a battered wife* 
Bad thought were coming and I started to build much anger. I want to punch him back. Make him pay after what he did to Ann. But I have to make sure she was okay before I get back to Ivan.

Author’s POV

James was trying to control his anger towards Ivan, so he concentrated on Ann and getting her healed.

He carried Ann in a bridal way. Ann opened her eyes for a while and saw James angelic Face.

*Am I in heaven*she said and then she smiled and place her head closer to James Chest.

James on the other hand is so worried; he immediately brought Ann to the clinic. The doctor asked him to place her in the bed and leave her there for while so the doctor can start treating Ann’s Bruises

After a few minutes the doctor suggests that he should take Ann home. But instead he brought her in his house.

When they arrived at his house he brought Ann to his Bedroom and left her there to rest. He went downstairs to the kitchen to cook her nice meal. 

After cooking he went back to check up on Ann.

When he arrived at his bedroom she was still sleeping. He grabs a chair and went beside her. He holds her hands and started kissing it but it only lasted for a while. In no time at all James fell asleep as well.

Ann's POV

When I opened my eyes I was surprised by what I see, James by my side holding my hands so tightly. 

*Where am I and why is James here? He looks so cute when his asleep*

I tried to smile but my cheeks hurt. I touched my face with my other hand. 

*Now I remember what happened, Ivan punched me in the face. Must be the reason why James is here with me right now.*

Suddenly I saw James is starting to wake up. I just stare at him. He smiled.

“How do you feel Ann?” He asked with his sweet voice, I never heard him talk like that. He touched my hair down to my cheeks.

“I’m fine now thanks, by the way where am I?”I asked my head is now resting in his hands. I can feel his warmth. 

*I wish we can stay like this. Not fighting, No arguments, No Ivan, wait what did happened to Ivan did they fight after I passed out*that thought came to me but I don’t want to ruin this moment now.

“You’re at my place, wait here I’ll just get you something to eat” he said and left I 
without even waiting for my reaction. I get up a little and stay sited in his bed. I looked around his room, it was super cool. He has this flat screen TV and a shelf full of DVD movies. His study desk was neat and his bedroom was so clean. His Bed smells so sweet.

*I’m on his room*I thought

I put a pillow over my head and started to scream in glee while kicking my feet on his bed. I was a like a small child having her happy moments.

I lie down calmly and close my eyes. I turned to the side and then I saw a picture of James when he was a still a child. He was quite thin back then and very handsome another picture beside it is a more present picture of him with a girl, a very beautiful girl, who is apparently kissing her on the cheeks .He, was happy. 

* I never see him smile like that before. Is she his Girlfriend, I can’t believe I almost fell in love with this guy. Who else could this be? I better give him a piece of my mind*
James entered the room, he saw me looking at the picture and he looked very surprise.

“Who’s this? Your girlfriend? Tell me the truth James! “I shouted he just stood there silently.

“I can’t believe you, you said you love me but still you have a girlfriend what are trying to do, make us your girlfriends all at the same time.”

He said nothing this time he was trying to hide his laughter, He places the food he brought on his desk and went near me.

*Why is he laughing, is this another joke? I’ll hate him for this* I thought. I grab a pillow and throw it to him.*

“Tell me James is she your girlfriend?” I asked as I grab another pillow and getting ready to throw it again.

“Why are you jealous?” He said and gave me one his devilish smile.”

*Am I? Of course I am, I don’t know why but I’m freaking jealous here James * I said to myself.

“No!” I said and throw him the pillow I stand up and start to head for the door; He grabs my hand and pulled me back to the bed. He was on top of me. He gets the picture and said.

“Tell me the truth Ann Li are you jealous of her?”He said.

“I already said No! Now let me go before I kick you in places you don’t like to be kick!” I shouted at him he lay beside me and started laughing. I got up and looked at him laughing like there no tomorrow.

“Why are you laughing James? Is there something to be me happy about?” I asked now I’m really pissed.

He stopped laughing for a while and sit on the edge of his bed. He tapped the bed commanding me to sit next to him. But I refuse I turned around and start heading for the door.

“Don’t you want to know who this is? He said I can feel his smile and waiting for me to surrender.”

I was defeated I turned around and sat beside him. He looked at me; I see his eyes so serious.

“You look really hot when you’re jealous. “he said as he touched my face and then smiled.”

“Well tell me who is she? I asked as I removed his hands away from me and crossed my hands over my chest.

“Her, well just so you know Ann Li, she is a very special girl for me, we are quite close since were young”

“So is she your first love or something” I asked

“Well not quite like that, she’s more than that “he replied as he looked at the picture with his adorable smile.

*I knew it, she is his girlfriend* 

“She’s my sister” he said

*that’s his sister, now I know why he laughed so hard. I did get jealous and worse I got jealous of his sister.*

“Tha—that’s your sister?” 

“Yes, her name is Lauren .I can’t believe you got jealous” He said smiling at me. I was so embarrassed I just look down and face the floor.

“Ann, Hear this I will never hurt you, I promised that,, and next time don’t get between a man’s fight I can never forgive myself if you got hurt again because of me” He said I can feel his sincerity in his words. I looked at him and smile. He leaned closer and kisses me on the forehead.

James POV

I can’t believe she got jealous over my sister. She looks really hot back there when she was throwing pillows at me. And now she looks like a kid feeling so bad because of something so small.

I stand up and get the food I made for her.

“Here, you must eat, to gain your strength back, you easy got knocked down” I said
She gave me a grin.

“Wow, it’s delicious, did you made this” She said. She’s smiling again.

“well I hate to brag but yes I made it, who else would ,we are the only two people in this house” I said proudly

“What about your sister, Lauren? Where is she?” she asked

“She’s in Australia now, but she will go here in the Philippines soon. I’ll introduce you once she got here.” I answered. She continued eating and eventually I joined her. 

After eating, I told her that I would drive her home and she agreed.
We were about to exit the house when the door rang. I opened the Door and was surprised who it was.