Highschool? What?

FAIRY DUST

 

 

“Araaaa wakkee uppp!” , it’s like the sixth time you heard that in about five minutes this morning, your mom just can’t keep her excitement in as her little girl enters her first day of her last school year as a high school student. It’s your senior year in Fortridge High School, the only problem is that.. you don’t want to go. “Ara come on honey! You’re running late!” , “she’s right lazy bones!” a guy’s voice screamed at you from the first floor. “, What on earth is he doing here this early?  You thought. You came down from your room and went straight to the kitchen as you heard your best friend Baekhyun and youur mom laughing enormously. “Finally you’re awake, I know you’re nervous and all honey but it’s not like it’s going to be that bad for you, you’re pretty, talented and you’re a good kid! People will like you easily” , “Mom studying at this town’s public school after being home schooled my whole life could be the worst thing you could ever do to me, remind me why I have to do this again?”, “Your father told me so many times to let you live your life normally, he wanted you to make mistakes of your own and learn from them, and now that he’s gone, I think I should finally start to follow him, even if it’s too late” You saw sadness in your mom’s eyes, your dad passed away last year after getting into a car accident, you didn’t want your mom to hurt more so you smiled “Okay Mom” , “and besides Baekhyun will be with you every single time”, “THAT’S RIGHT!” he said as he flashed his wide smile at you, it made you happy inside since you knew that you could always count on him no matter what.

 

“You promised me you’ll come with me!” you shouted at Baekhyun, you pulled his hand as he dragged you across the hallway “I know! But we have different classes Ara, how am I supposed to go to my class if I go with you?” you knew he was right but you were to scared that you acted like a kid hanging from her mother’s arm. Finally you let go, “okay fine, whatever” , “hey don’t be like that! I know you can do this without me” he said as he messed up your hair, you watched him walk “there goes my last chance of surviving this day” , you turned around to head to class when something hit you hard BAM! You fell to the floor, scattering your things around as your bag spilled everything out, “How stupid can yooou….” You heard a guy’s voice say, you looked up and saw a tall guy staring back at you, He was handsome, his lips were probably the first thing you noticed after his strained gaze on you, He looked like a model, he was mesmerizing, “I’m Kris, you’re new here gorgeous?” , of course he’s a flirt. You thought, someone that handsome couldn’t be shy or modest. It was like he was so handsome; he knew it and he wanted the whole world to know too. “I’m sorry I don’t talk to strangers” you got up quickly, “What are you a kid or something? haha” he followed you to the hall as you walked as fast as you can, “No, I just don’t like talking to people whom I don’t know yet” , “then how can you ever have new friends?”, “I can make friends whenever I want to!”, “then why not be friends with me?”, “cos you’re not the type of person I want to be friends with” , “Ouch! Judging pretty hard eh?”, “Not really, I just have you all figured out”, you left him at the hallway as you entered classroom 108, he walked away  Interesting, she doesn’t know much of me to judge, she doesn’t know who I am and what I’m capable of, Kris thought to himself. You turned around and found all of your classmates’ eyes on you, Oh God Help Me, you looked for a chair near the window since you always wanted to be close to nature even when you’re stuck in a building such as this. “Here’s an empty seat” a guy pointed out to a chair next to a window, “Thanks! I’m Ara”, “I’m Lay” he said, “nice to meet you Lay” , he looked smart in his own way, he barely talked to the others throughout the period “Paint me a picture of whatever comes to your mind, structure doesn’t matter” the professor’s words hit you right on, how could this day get any worse, you thought, Art class was your first subject and you at art. You watched Lay take a paintbrush and dipped it in green paint, his hands were so delicate, the figures flowed out of his hands like magic, you watched him intently and suddenly he stopped, “Ara are you okay?” , “yeah I’m cool!” you felt your mouth so dry, you realized that your mouth was hanging wide open while watching him, “what exactly is that?” he asked gazing at the picture you drew in front of you, “It’s a…a..ann abstract” , “ohh, I thought it was a goat”, It was supposed to be. “Does it look like a goat?”, you were happy to think that someone understood your sketch, “Nah, if it were a goat it would be a sick and dying one” Lay replied. I would totally fail this class.

You went out of the room, the class just finished and you found Baekhyun waving at you at the corridor, “How was it?”, “Take me home” , “It was that baaddd?? L” , “well not really, I think I’ll live another day, I just hurt my back a bit, I guess it’s because of this stupid guy who bumped into me, I literally flew” , “Which guy?”, “That guy” you pointed at kris who was sitting with a bunch of people you weren’t sure he was friends with, they looked like his body guards and they seemed so cool sitting there watching everyone do their thing. He winked at you and gave a y smirk. You looked away as Baekhyun pulled you out from the crowded cafeteria. “Please don’t get involved with him”, “huh? Why?”, “you’ll find out soon enough” he said as he dragged you along a staircase, “Where are we going?” you said as Baekhyun brought you to what seemed like the school’s rooftop, “Shhhh, it’s a surprise”