Complicated

Married to the Jerk, Wu

Your POV

Starting of my day, looking at the jerk's face. Peacefully, I don't like the sight of him being peaceful that disturbs me.

"Ew I can not believe I slept with him last night," I continued, "and the night before last night."

I just can't stop saying ew, describes how disgusted and how I didn't believe this. The jerk, we're talking about the jerk here. The one who I married forcefully. The one who claims I like him. The one who thinks he is the most perfect guy in this world, well not even close though. Too bad.

"What is wrong with the TV, why aren't there any good shows here?" I commented, as I was watching the TV downstairs.

"Ah we made it inside," a voice, heard from the foyer of the house. I wasn't particularly scared, but I was curious. I stared at the front door, and then 4 humans appeared.

"Oh oh, we're dead," said one.

"Are they awake?" Asked the other one.

"No, but she is," said the one.

"Ah worse," the other one said.

"Oh hello, moms, dads, parents, mine, Kris'," I greeted. It was my parents and Kris'.

"Hello, darling," mom said. I smiled. "What are you guys doing here? Breaking into my house?" I asked.

"Well, we actually thought about breaking into your room," his dad said, but got hit by his mom.

"You are not supposed to say that!" His mom said.

"Ah it failed anyway, our plan," my dad said.

"Are you like, ugh, parents," I decided not to continue my question.

"Where is Kris?" Mother-in-law asked, trying to change the topic.

"Upstairs, still sleeping, he's a heavy sleeper isn't he?" I asked. She nodded.

"Like you aren't," mom said. I smiled, a bit shy.

"Yah are you cooking, cook me something too," Kris said something.

"Ooh I guess the devil's awake," mother-in-law said.

"Yah I'm not your maid, cook something yourself," I replied.

"I'll tell mom you won't cook," he said.

"Go tell her then," I replied.

"He doesn't know we're here," mother-in-law said.

"Let's hide!" Dad said, they all agreed and hid.

"Don't tell him we're here," they said.

"You might want to silent your phones," I replied, they did.

"My parents are such kids," I said silently.

"Go cook for me," Kris said again.

"I told you I'm not your maid, and you can cook so go cook," I replied.

"I'm too tired, you're the wife here," he said.

"I am not cooking for you that's final," I replied.

"Why won't you just do it, why are you so stubborn?" He asked.

"You're so stubborn, you can just turn on the stove and cook ramen," I told him.

"Oh really, I wouldn't have cooked for you if I was so stubborn," he said.

"I was sick!" I replied. "This is why I didn't want to marry, this is insane," he said.

"You are insane, I am sane," I replied.

Did you think I want to marry you either? Of course not why would I marry a jerk. Too bad the parents are here. I can't just talk back to him.

"What? You don't talk back to me?" He asked, I just glared at him. And that was the perfect time for the parents to appear. Thank you, for not letting the jerk see me cry.

"Stop it, you two," mother-in-law said.

"We didn't plan on a marriage for this," mom said.

"Can't you two just get along or act like a married couple for a day?" Mother-in-law asked.

"I don't know!" I yelled, and stormed upstairs, because I couldn't hold my tears anymore, I banged the door and laid on the bed. I hate this.

 

Kris' POV

I sat down, frustrated, our moms did too. The dads trying to comfort them.

"Are you two always like this?" Mom continued, "fighting and you don't like the whole marriage thing did you?"

"Yes mom, we never did, never did like it!" I yelled.

"Wufan, don't yell at your mom," dad said.

"We can just divorce the two of you, you know," mom said.

"It's the same with us too," her mom said.

"Fine, whatever," I replied, still a bit frustrated.

There was 10 long minutes of silence, where no words was exchanged, just the sounds of both the moms sobbing. The fathers were just closing their eyes the whole time. I did ruin their dream, didn't I? But it's their fault they didn't want us to decide. Well we did, but they did beg us to agree! Now what.

"Since when are the four of you here?" I asked.

"Morning, she knew," dad replied, still closing his eyes. It was silent again.

"Look, I'm sorry, I yelled, I didn't plan to do the whole thing," I replied. "Yes," mom replied.

"I really am, you know I don't think before I speak, right mom, and mother too, I am really sorry," I said. They finally stopped sobbing.

"It's okay, I know, might as well change that," mom said.

"And mother?" I asked. "It's okay too," she said and smiled. I smiled back.

"Dad and father, I am sorry too," I said.

"It's fine with us," father-in-law said. "I need some air, I'll go out for a while," I told them.

Went to the garden behind, where the swimming pool is.

"And, the whole marriage, no need to cancel or plan a divorce," I said. Why did I say that? I don't know either.

Near the pool, sitting like a desperate person, I wonder. Why of all the pretty girls and not stubborn ones, why must I marry the stubborn one? Is it God punishing me? Or what? Or is this not my future? Or maybe at the end I'll marry another one, but a kind and not stubborn ones. Yes that would be great. My life. My whole life.

"Mind if I sit with you," someone asked.

"Sure, mother-in-law," I replied.

"No need the in law," she said.

"Of course, mother," I smiled. "I'm sorry, for the whole marriage thing, Kris, I am," she said.

"It's okay, we agreed to it," I replied.

"But we forced you," she said. "Let's not talk about this, it's okay, we'll cope up with it, maybe not now, but later," I replied.

"Sure," she said. "Is she always this stubborn, mother?" I asked.

"She always is, it's in her blood," she said. I laughed.

"I swear, it's like she always want to get what she wants, during kindergarten, she always wants to go home with a sticker, she'll ask her teacher until she gets it," she said.

"Really?" I asked. "Yes, if she doesn't get one, she'll cry herself out," she said, I laughed.

"That's why I wonder why she didn't leave the house when this whole marriage thing happened," she said. I laughed again.

"Is it tiring, living with her?" She asked.

"Oh it is, I get home everyday, seeing her makes me even more tired," I replied, she giggled.

"You're exhilarating much," she said. I smiled at her.

"I am not, it's true!" I yelled.

"Okay, have you get much air?" She asked.

"What?" I asked back. "You said you wanted to get some air," she said.

"Oh right! Let's just go back now, mother," I said, we went inside together.

"He said it's tiring living with her," mother said.

"It is, she talks a lot," I replied.

"Like you don't talk much," mom said.

"And is the most stubborn person in this world," I said again.

"Like you aren't stubborn," dad said.

"It's true she is though," father said.

"Once was, always is," mother said.

"You go talk to her," my mom said. "No, she won't listen, my pride will be gone," I said.

"She is more important than your pride Wu Yifan," dad said. "But still she won't listen," I said. "No she will, go," mom said.

"Why would I do it?" I asked. "Because you care," she said. "I do not!" I yelled.

"You do, if you don't, you ignore her," she said.

"But what if I couldn't survive and I yelled at her," I asked.

"If you yell at her, I will confiscate your freedom, and lock you two here for a month," dad said.

"Oh we should do that," mom said.

"Okay, okay, I'll go talk to her," I said.

"Okay, we'll be going, if she said sorry, tell her we said it's okay," mother said.

"Ah don't!" I yelled. Too late they're already out. "Ugh parents," I sighed.

I dragged myself upstairs, telling myself not to make her more mad, or to yell at her. If I do, I'm dead. And then, she'll kill me. And many more. Okay take your breath, here we go Kris Wu.

 

Your POV

Stupid marriage, stupid Kris. So stubborn can't he see what I want? Ugh he's so annoying. Screw Kris Wu. Why am I smelling his scent? Why does this bed smell like Kris Wu? Ugh.

"Mama safe me," I mumbled. And the goes the door, opening, and closing. Which means the devil is here. No scratch that, the jerk. And then he laid on the bed and breathing, that breath is annoying. Thank God I am not facing him, I'd probably rip off his face.

"You," he started. What me?

"Are you listening?" He asked. No I'm deaf.

"What do you want?" I asked. "

For you to listen to me," he said.

"Last time I listened to you, this whole marriage happened," I replied.

"Last time I asked you to agree with me, I want you to just listen and answer," he said. "Hmm," I answered.

"First of all, look at me, you know I don't like talking to people who aren't looking at me," he said.

"Well if you want to talk to me, then this is how I want it to," I replied.

"Fine, second, why didn't you tell me they were there?" He asked. "Why should I?" I asked.

"So I would think before I speak," he said.

"Oh really, you never think before you speak, just saying what comes to your tongue," I replied.

"I was born like that," he said.

"Too bad then," I replied. "Why are you mad at me?" He asked.

"Oh so you don't know?" I asked. "No, aren't you mad at our parents?" He asked.

"No, well go find out then, you're too stupid aren't you?" I asked in a very low voice, it sounds like I'm crying, because I am.

"Are you crying?!" He yelled.

"Why do you care?" I asked.

"Of course I do! You're my wife, you're one of the people I have to take care of, why can't you understand?!" He yelled.

"I'm your wife? Well it's all fake right? It's not like you and I care about it," I asked.

"I do, who says I don't?" He asked. "It was you, who said this marriage is insane right?" I asked back. He was silent.

"Do you think I want this?! No Kris I don't, don't yell and think like you're the only one who doesn't want this, I also don't, but I'm trying to just survive," I yelled.

"I also want happiness, for me to marry the person I love, let alone I ended up marrying a stranger who I hate," I said.

There was silence for a minute or two, but then two pairs of strong hands grabbed both of my arms and turned me around, to face him. My eyes were red, and his, I honestly saw, that his eyes were worried, it shows that he was concerned.

"You know I'm stronger than you are," he said. I glared at him.

"Don't glare at me like that," he said, "now tell me everything."

"I just did, were you deaf?!" I yelled. "Okay, okay, I know why you're mad at me," he said.

"Oh really? Not so stupid now aren't you?" I asked.

"Because you felt unimportant," he said. "I didn't not feel that!" I yelled.

"You do, don't lie to me," he said, "you felt you disappointed both your parents and mines, and I said I hate this whole marriage, and I said it was insane." I just stared at him.

"Come on talk," he said. I stayed silent. "I knew it, your eyes tell," he said.

"Then why ask?" I asked. "What's so hard with explaining, I'm sorry okay," he said.

Then there was a moment of silent, where no words were exchanged and all we did was stare into each other's eyes.

"You know, even though we hate each other, you can still tell things to me," he said.

"And so I should trust you? No," I replied.

"Just saying," he said. "I'll keep that in mind," I replied.

Then we stared at each other's eyes again.

"Come on get up, I'll take us somewhere," he said.

"Where?" I asked. "It'll be fun, I swear," he said.

"Okay," I replied and then we just went downstairs because the clothes we're wearing are already good enough.

The car ride wasn't silent, and we weren't bickering either. He told me things about how was our parents. And things many things. And then we arrived, at the park. A peaceful walk it is, huh?

"Uh, before we get out," he said. "What?" I asked.

"Let's just act as married couple for a day, our parents asked for it," he said. "Okay," I said and smiled.

We weren't really acting like a married couple, but like friends and enemies. And sometimes as couple too. He would joke around and tell me things about him. Things like during kindergarten he was such a crazy lunatic, who would talk to himself and he never liked art, I guess that's why his drawing is horrible. His writing is also horrible. What is not horrible from him is just his face. Too bad. His body too, though. But hands are too big. And he's too tall like a giant. He doesn't have abs and things. How he always loved his mom's cooking, and how his dad and his mom were so in love back then, even until now. Kris is unpredictable.

"Yah were you even listening to me?" He asked.

"Sorry, got lost in my thoughts," I replied.

"Were you thinking about me?" He asked.

"No," I replied.

"I'm irresistible am I?" He asked.

"Yah wu please in your dreams," I replied.

And then we take long walks, we would sit on benches and grab some snacks like popcorns maybe ddukbokki, whatever is near there. The sun has set a while ago, it was now 9pm, the park become very silent and quiet, since no one was there.

"Let's go home," he said, I followed.

Arriving home, this time we were like a married couple, who would wait for each other, and then right away, we both laid on the bed.

"I did make you feel better, didn't I?" He asked.

"A tiny bit," I replied.

"Oh, just say a lot," he said. "Well okay," I replied.

"Don't cry again, okay," he said, looking at my eyes.

"I won't, jerk, I won't," I repeated.

"Let's not take a bath," he said.

"Why? I smell," I said.

"This, will be the only day we'll be like this, let's enjoy while it last," he said.

"Okay then," I replied. Then it was me who was telling things to him, and also even about Kai, Nana, and Baekhyun.

"Oh remember Byun Baekhyun?" I asked him.

"Yea, who is he seriously?" He asked.

"My first love," I said. "Wow, okay, feelings still there?" He asked.

"Don't think so," I replied. Yeah I don't think so.

"Very well," he said. I also told him about my cousin, and then things. Also how I love chinese food, korean food, italian food and western food, and japanese food, except for sushi. How I wanted to be a model, but this job of helping my parents actually made me happy. And at a moment, when he told me about how he met exo-m, I had that weird urge. The urge to hug him. And hold him in my arms. What was I thinking? Ugh Belle get your minds straight.

"And that was how I met them all," he said.

"Wow," I replied.

"Are you sleepy?" He asked. "A bit," I replied. "I am too, let's just go to sleep," he said.

"All right," I replied, I was about to distance myself from him, right when he grabbed my wrist.

"I told you, we're a real in love married couple for today," he said. "And?" I asked.

"We sleep like this," he said and then grabbed my waist and put his long arms around it. I did the same to him, and there you go. Me smelling his scent as I sleep, that peaceful scent, and breath-taking scent. His broad chest which my head is laying on. Everything.

"Goodnight," he said.

"Goodnight," I replied.

And I swear right at that moment, I thought, I will miss this Kris Wu. Forever.