Wo Ai Ni

Married to the Jerk, Wu

Your POV

Now it's time for me to do my stupid assignments from my teacher. What kind of teacher gives homework for the students during a long holiday? A stupid one for sure. I was in the dining room doing my homework, I'm so tired, but what can I do?

"Ugh I have to eat," I mumbled to myself. I went to the kitchen. And searched for something to eat. There was absolutely nothing except for a ramen.

"What is this life, eating ramen every morning," I nagged to myself.

"Where is Wu anyway," I started mumbling again.

"Why should I care it's not like he can cook," I said again.

"But he can buy goods so that I can cook," I said again. I then remained silent and look around me.

"I must be really stressed," I said and face palmed myself.

I went to cook for my beloved ramen, and I cooked 2 for myself. I was so hungry, and just a bowl wouldn't do. I returned back to the dining room and ate my ramen. I swear this time, Ramen is so delicious. I don't know why, I think it's because I was hungry. But whatever it's so delicious. When I was done, I washed the dish and returned to my homework. I was doing math until a bunch of paper with some books were put or more likely thrown on the table too, right next to me. I stared at the person who threw it.

"What?" Kris asked.

"You don't just throw papers here, have manners," I said.

"Whatever," he said and sat.

"What are you doing anyway? Go work with these on your office," I said.

"Why can't I work it here?" He asked.

"Because I don't want you to," I said.

 "Well I heard you talking to yourself back then and I'm assuming you're stressed, maybe seeing my face won't make you stress that much," he said and smirked.

"Psh, seeing your face makes me even more stressed," I said. He just ignored it and continued working. I continued working on my things too and I was specifically doing math.

"What are you working on?" He asked.

"Math," I replied, keeping my eyes on the numbers. He continued working.

For me, math isn't a problem, but it isn't my favorite either. Math gives me headache, but sometimes it's fun too. To be honest, I like math, but math hates me. So, yeah.

"What subject are you good at?" I asked him.

"Math, and physics," he said.

"Okay, how do you do this?" I asked him.

"That's easy," he then started to jot down some formula I don't know.

"This one's a, this one's b, and this one's c," he said.

"I get it, thanks," I replied and continued on working. He did too. I was finally done with Math, and it's now Biology. He looked at my paper and is disgusted.

"Why? You hate biology?" I asked.

"Yes, worst subject," he said.

"I thought Biology is every guy's favorite subject since they have the 'reproduction' chapter," I said.

"I'm not one of those," he said and rolled his eyes.

"Stop rolling your eyes," I nagged, he just ignored it.

"You like biology?" He asked.

"Yeah, but my favorite's history," I said.

"Psh Lee, can't you like something better?" He asked. I giggled. I was done with Biology and some other stupid subjects that I don't like. And it was time for me to do Mandarin. I hate it. Seriously.

"Why do I have to learn Mandarin for heaven's sake?" I yelled.

"Because your husband is Chinese and he speaks Mandarin," Kris said.

"That doesn't mean I should learn too, we could communicate with English and Korean," I told him.

"Mandarin is good you know, so that both of us speak the same languages," he said.

"Like that would be a good thing," I replied.

"Of course it is," he said.

"And they even ask for hard things in Chinese, what's happy as an adjective? Oh I know what happy is," I said.

"What?" He asked.

"Gao xing?" I asked.

"Correct," he said, "ask me if you don't know."

"Will do," I said. I did some of the questions without having a problem in some.

Pretty easy words, but for me it is hard. It's basic Mandarin, yet I still don't really understand. I felt proud doing the questions without having a hard time until I found this question: Write I love you in Mandarin. Damn it.

"What's I love you in Mandarin?" I asked Kris. He stared at me.

"You're not like, making things up right?" He asked.

"What? No! It's written here, look," I gave him the paper.

"Right," he said.

"So?" I asked.

"Hmm......wo ai ni," he said, hesitantly.

"You sure? You're not making things up, right?" I asked.

"Why would I make things up which will resulted to a bad thing for my wife," he said emphasizing the wife part.

"Because you were hesitant," I said.

"Well, wo ai ni is a big word, Lee, you don't just throw I love you to people right?" He said.

"Of course, of course," I said and wrote those letter.

"And so, if I love you too, it's wo ye ai ni, right?" I asked him.

"Yes," he said.

"Okay, what's the hanzi like?" I asked. He snatched the paper from me and wrote there.

我爱你

"You're sure?" I asked.

"Stop doubting me, yes I'm sure," he said, kept his eyes on his papers.

"Okay, xie xie," I replied. He smirked.

"Good, learn Mandarin more so that you can understand when I'm making fun of you in Mandarin," he said.

"Will do," I said. He just clicked his tongue.

"Ni jiao shen me ming zi?" He asked. (What is your name?)

"Wo jiao Christabelle," I replied. (My name is Christabelle)

"Ni xing shen me?" He asked again. (What is your surname?)

"Wo xing lee," I replied. (My surname is Lee)

"You're a wu now," he said.

"In my perspective, I'm still Lee," I replied.

"Psh, ren shi ni wo hen gao xing," he said. (I'm happy to know you/It's nice to know you.)

"Ren shi ni wo bu gao xing," I replied. (I'm bot happy to know you/It's not nice to know you)

"Yah!" He yelled. I just laughed.

"Do you know what wo ai shang ni is?" He suddenly asked.

"No, I only know wo is I, ai is love, ni is you, what's wo ai shang ni?" I asked.

"That means you're an idiot," he said.

"Yah!" I yelled which made him smirked and ran around the dining room.

"I'm not a kid anymore Wu, I don't run around the house," I said.

"Well, tag, you're it!" He yelled and ran away.

"You're making me depressed," I mumbled to myself and chased after him.

Finally, I could let some stress out because of him. We spent the rest of the day playing that tag your it game and also we discussed some other things, and of course, fight.

"Thanks though, for making me not depressed," I said.

"Anytime, you're taking the couch for today, I need to sleep peacefully," he said.

"Unfair!" I yelled.

"Unless you want to cuddle with me," he said and smirked.

"No thanks I'd rather take the couch," I said. He laughed.

"Hello couch," I said.

"Goodnight stupid," he said.

"Whatever jerk, you're such a tease," I replied.

"You know you love me," he said.

"I don't, never will," I replied.

"You'll regret saying those later on," he said.

"You sound like Luhan oppa," I said.

"Oppa?" He asked.

"Yes, oppa," I replied.

"Why don't you call me oppa?" He asked.

"Because you are not someone worthy to be called oppa," I said.

He sighed, I smiled. I silently drifted off to sleep on the hard couch.

 

(Author's Note: Finally I can update for you guys! Enjoy! ^^)