Missing You

Just Remember

You managed to drag yourself back home after a long day of presentations at school. You hated presentations because you were shy of performing. And just. Doing something in front of a lot of people. Stage fright. Yes that’s what they call it right? Just walking up to the front of the classroom made my legs weak. And as you were about to speak, your thought would become as dry as sand. And so, your presentation was the quietest of them all.

The house was really dark. Today seemed like a glum day. It was raining and gloomy just everywhere. You flicked the lights on and threw your bag onto the cough like every day. Today you didn’t even bother calling to see if your dad was home. As you expected, he wasn’t. You didn’t listen to kpop much, but you knew the generals like; 2NE1, Super Junior, Girls Generation and Big Bang. It was only because your best friend Victoria was obsessed with them. She didn’t even know your dad was SM’s head boss. If she found out, she would freak, you thought to myself.

Your dad was never home and you were used to it. I mean, he would be flying to L.A and Cali then to China and back to Seoul for about a week before another flight, so I guess I eventually got used to it. When you were little, you would always cry when he left you alone with the nanny, but you stopped when you were just too tired and didn’t bother to cry. Even if you did cry, he had to leave anyways. It was his job. You had to admit, you were pretty rich. Every month, he would mail be about $10000. But you don’t even use it. You slipped off my jeans and pulled on a pair of green sweatpants. And changed into a comfy white V-neck.

You jumped onto the couch and the TV. You would occasionally see my dad on TV shaking hands with some other entertainment boss. You flipped through the channels as you realized the a picture has fell. You got up to pick it up. You felt its cold metal frame along with the cold glass. It kind of stung your slender fingers. As you looked at it intensely, it stung your heart too. You stared at the picture and the images on it stared back at you. You had to admit, your mom was a beautiful person. You pressed your finger on her face and only felt the icy glass instead of the warmth of her skin. Then you instantly snapped back into reality. You casually placed the picture where it belonged and jumped back onto the couch. Whenever you mentioned your mother, your dad would change the subject.

I miss mom, You thought aloud.