Be with a guy who is athletic - Junsu

Be with a guy who...(new scenarios ft. BTS)

As suggested by: JustWinter


 

_________ let out a sigh as she looked at her watch for the nth time. She sipped on her wine and started at the door. It’s been over an hour and her boyfriend is running late…yet again. No surprise there.

Knowing him and his team, he’s probably late because he extended his soccer practice again. Her instincts are right since Junsu initiated an extra round of game instead of rushing to the locker room to shower and dress up for his date because he thought he still had time, well that was a mistake.

He is passionate with his sport because he loves the game and the adrenaline rush. He knows he’s good but not the best and that’s why he works hard, but that doesn’t stop him from enjoying every bit of it.

 

They’re supposed to be having their first date for the month of December, not to mention that it’s also an important date for them. It’s so close to Christmas yet she hasn’t even seen him due to his busy schedule. Yes, even during winter time he still plays and practices soccer outside. Now that’s some dedication. Although _________ supports and loves her boyfriend, she still has a love-hate relationship with his passion, with it interfering with their time together but she tries not to complain about it.

 

Athletes are disciplined. If a guy has to report to a game or practice, he gets up early to be on time for stretching and practice. He’s self-disciplined which is a good thing to have in a partner. They’re driven, confident, head strong, set goals, and celebrate accomplishments. They’re also competitive, they totally want to win to get a good point from you.

 

_________ started her day extra early, somewhat inspired to welcome spring with a bright attitude. She went to the nearest soccer field to do some photography. She knew the place had a great view of the sun rise and she thought she could have some ‘me’ time and unwind while watching the sunrise.

_________ arrived right on schedule, it would only be minutes away before the sun greets her.

She was ready to snap some picture when she noticed that there were already people in the field. She realized that these guys were in soccer uniforms, some were stretching while others started to play with the soccer ball.

‘Well this seems interesting.’ She thought as she removed the lens cap of her camera before focusing on the men.

She almost forgot about her original plan because the guys distracted her when they started to practice soccer, she wasn’t even sure if they were only practicing or really playing a serious game against each other but she could tell that they were really good.

She was able to capture the sunrise before bringing her attention back to the team. She watched them really get into the sport. They were playing hard and it interested _________, making her stay longer than she intended to.

__________ took photos of the place and included them in her pictures.

 

It started to drizzle yet that didn’t stop them, they didn’t even look fazed and continued playing as if everything was in normal condition. Fortunately, _________ was sitting in a covered bench, the roof over her head didn’t make her panic about getting wet.

The flash of her camera accidentally went off, making one of the guys finally notice her presence.

Junsu, the captain of the team approached _________ with the intention of asking her why she was taking photos or videos of them. He first thought that she was spying on them which really annoyed him, he hated having to play against teams that play dirty when the team he’s in have always showed good sportsmanship, only focusing on improving themselves.

But then Junsu’s mood changed when he saw the girl’s face up close, she had a cute style and a pretty face, just his type.

“It’s okay I’ll allow you to watch.” He told her as if she needed permission.

“Excuse me? Why would I want to watch a guy with faded pink hair play soccer?” She countered, irritated that he sounded so confident about her watching them…even though that is the truth.

“Did you just make fun of me?”

She shrugged in response.

“Oh I see now. Maybe you’re a fan? Do you want an autograph? Or a clearer picture since I think you’re having a hard time acting like a paparazzi?”

__________ scoffed and rolled her eyes at Junsu. He may be cute but he’s not giving a good first impression.

“Impress me. Let’s see if you really can own the field.” She challenged him.

Junsu smirked and made _________ follow him to where the other guys are.

“We’re FC Men!” They introduced themselves to her before Junsu stole her attention again. He started to show off his own skills and tricks using the soccer ball. As the captain of the team, he was in his own little world, demonstrating his talents that he’s proud of. s had to signal him to stop since he didn’t notice that the girl already turned her back on him and was walking away.

“HEY!” Junsu called out to her. She turned around and stuck her tongue out on him. Junsu couldn’t help but let out a silly grin, yup, he’s definitely fallen for this mysterious sassy girl.

 

Hard-core soccer fans will wear their jerseys like little kids wearing superhero costumes. They look very cute in it, ‘adorkable’ indeed.

 

Junsu and __________ were set on watching the big soccer game at his apartment. __________ dressed comfortably but wore red to support their national team but Junsu on the other hand, had a whole outfit fit for cheering, he was in complete gear.

“Well it’s either I’m underdressed or you’re an overdressed dedicated fan.” She as soon as she eyed his head to toe soccer uniform that looked exactly like The Red Devils’.

“A cute, dedicated fan, right?” Junsu asked as he put the snacks on the table and winked at his girl before cheering “Daeeee han min guk!!

“Yup, just like a cute fanatic kid.” She giggled in amusement.

 

She could already hear her friends saying “We told you so.” “That’s what you get for dating an athlete.” But she wasn’t asking for much, was she? She didn’t ask him to skip on practice, in fact he was the one who made the reservations for tonight, he was in charge of the time and date because ________ wanted him to fix their dinner plans so it won’t clash with his schedule, that it would be in his favor while she just adjusts to his lifestyle but still…this is what happens.

 

They are healthy and look physically amazing. Soccer players are in great shapes, they have a natural, incredibly y body. But Junsu’s maybe an exception.

 

__________ doesn’t know how he does it, how he can still be cheery with her after a hard and tiring day out. His positive energy is contagious and his strength also awes her. Junsu always makes sure to spend some good quality time with her even after hours of practice, she thought she’s the blessed one to have such a caring boyfriend that would allot time just for her but what she doesn’t know is that Junsu has a greater need for her, she’s the one that completes his day, the one that make him feel a sense of balance in life, he gets her.

 

“Sorry I’m late.” Junsu finally showed up in a smart crisp button down shirt and slacks, although he looks cute in his jersey uniform, Junsu looked charming when he dresses up looking all smart and dashing.

He was still panting a bit when he gave his girl a kiss on the cheek before settling on his seat.

_________ looked at him with a blank expression, she couldn’t hide her feelings.

“Honey, do you know what time it is?” She asked sweetly but Junsu knows that her tone and expression were laced with a subtle yet deadly meaning.

“I’m sorry. The guys were screwing around and I couldn’t head out on time.”

“Maybe we should have just had a date on the field or on the bleachers then. Why do I keep forgetting to set my alarm an hour late, by then I wouldn’t have waited for more than hour.”

He smiled apologetically at her, hoping that he could calm his girlfriend down. He knows how many times he promised to be on time but unfortunately he hasn’t lived up to that yet, she always the one on the waiting end.

Fortunately, the waiter saved Junsu from looking at her disappointed look any longer. He felt terrible, he knew she was upset but hopefully he can change that before the night ends.

 

Dating an athlete, especially a professional or a serious one isn’t the easiest thing.  Their lives and emotions are dictated by their games and training schedule.  When they perform well, they can be the most likeable creature in the world.

 

“Did you watch me well?” Junsu asked his girlfriend when he took her out right after the game finished.

“Uh huh. You were great, as always.” She beamed like a fan girl.

“Really?” Junsu loved hearing her compliment him, it definitely mattered because it came from her.

“Yup, I cheered when I saw every steal and every goal my awesome boyfriend did but I also saw every fall you did! Did you get badly hurt? Any injuries?” She asked as she started checking on his arms and legs. She always treated his wounds well, he had his personal nurse.

“Awww my number one fan is worried. Don’t worry I’m okay, just the usual blunders, nothing like a little tender love and care won’t fix” He batted his eyelashes at her before attacking her with hundreds of kisses.

 

They can be obsessive during major games and have a tunnel vision, most likely the most important thing in the world is their ability to meet the challenge, athletically. That means you might be riding in the back seat.

 

Practice after practice after practice. ___________ sighed and just looked down on her watch, watching Junsu talk to his teammates about their strategy for their next game for tomorrow. Her birthday is just minutes away from ending yet her boyfriend still haven’t greeted her.

She didn’t want to nag him but she did feel disappointed, birthdays were supposed to be happily celebrated right? Nevertheless, she still suppressed her feelings and understood that he’s focused for a crucial game, he is the captain after all, it’s important for him to lead them without any other worries.

 

_________ went to the FC Men’s game the next day despite feeling low, she had her voice ready to cheer, she sported the blue jersey that Junsu got specially made for her and had a smile plastered on her face.

She sent an encouraging text message to Junsu since they both didn’t have time to meet up before the game.

Everyone applauded when the boys formed a line on the field before the game started which isn’t unusual since they do that in every game. They bow to the audience and ask for cheers from their supporters, but today isn’t just the usual routine. After the guys bowed they stood up straight and then raised placards that they were hiding behind them. Each guy held a card with a different word to complete the phrase: ‘Happy Birthday to this soccer player’s most understanding girlfriend!’

_________ gasped when she read what was laid out on the field. Junsu then got the microphone to talk to his special someone out loud, wanting everyone to see and hear how proud he is to have her. He walked to where she was sitting and got her hand.

“I’m sorry, I know I’m a day late but I think it’s never late to celebrate. I want to let everyone here know that her heart is as beautiful as she is. She always makes me feel so lucky and blessed. I’m so lucky to have her. My lovely girl, happy birthday! I love you! I’m sorry I haven’t been a good boyfriend but I promise to make it up you.” Junsu stated and kissed ________ passionately on the lips, trying to ignore the audience, _________ also kissed Junsu back with as much love, getting the crowd, Junsu’s teammates and even the opposing team excited.

“I will win this game for you!” Junsu whispered to her and you know what? He did, he came through and pointed towards her as soon as they scored the winning point.

 

Although his team wins most of the time, they also have their lows…

 

If they are in a slump and you don’t know what to say, say nothing but do let them feel and know that you are there for them. In fact, you may be the necessary reprieve needed for your special someone to reset themselves and get back on track. 

 

After letting him have his alone time, _________ finally approached Junsu and wrapped her arms around him. She hugged him tight because based on her experience, a reassuring embrace comforts anyone, and it’s true, it is what he just needed. He let out a deep breath and nestled her in his arms, he was able to depend on her to lift him up on times like these. When she felt him relax she began comforting him with her enlightening words, making him smile and feel better. He was lucky to have found the girl that could always make him feel that way, the feeling that he can do anything just as long as he has her.

 

The couple ate in silence. Junsu would glance at _________ from time to time only to see her focused on her food.

“Baby…I’m sorry.” Junsu apologized, feeling guilty and bad for making her wait for the nth time.

_________ put her utensils down and looked at Junsu seriously.

“How many more times will this continue to happen? How can I always understand the fact that I’m always going to be an option for you, that I won’t be your first priority?” She voiced out her honest opinion because recently it’s always been at the back of her mind, hurting her. __________ knows Junsu loves soccer, she wasn’t asking him to choose between her or the sport, she wasn’t selfish like that, she would never give him an ultimatum, she just wanted him to know that recently the balance hasn’t been fair, she hoped that they could change things to make their relationship better. Junsu knew, he had that idea…that’s why he planned something make up for it.

“Please don’t think like that. You’re very important to me _________. I’ll admit, tonight I wasn’t only late because of practice, I had to fix something else.”

“Which is what?” She asked still a bit annoyed because she wasn’t convinced with Junsu’s apology.

She was waiting for Junsu to answer when suddenly she heard music being played. ________ looked behind her and was surprised to see three men playing different instruments just for her. The guitar, violin and the saxophone created a beautiful melody, it lifted the mood and created a romantic atmosphere. And as if that wasn’t surprising enough, Junsu stood up and started to sing along with the music. He sang his heart out for _________, a hidden talent only those deserving ones had the privilege to hear. Her heart melted and all those ill feelings from earlier disappeared. Junsu just reminded her why she fell in love with him in the first place. He proved to her just how much thought and effort he puts into his actions to make her happy.

“Happy anniversary, it has been such a love-filled year with you by my side.” He sweetly told _________ before aching out for her hand and planted a kiss. “You know I grew up playing soccer, I always have such fond memories of it, I loved every single game but you…you’re the only one I want to grow old with, you’re the one I want to create lots of memories with, the one that my heart calls out for. Don’t doubt my love for you because I honestly can’t express how I would feel if you leave me. I want to stay committed to you. I promise to do better, to make you feel that I mean every word, to make you always feel that I really love you.”

 

Athletes are highly driven individuals with usually a fixation on high goal achievements.  Observing those qualities in another person, no matter, their area of interest is a definitely appreciated. Seeing someone driven and passionate about something is an attractor for anyone

 

At the end of the day, often dating a non-athlete provides the necessary balance that an elite athlete requires, so long as the relationship is supportive and healthy, they will be in it for the long run.

 

The type where I can fall in love with at first sight. There’s no fixed type, as long as she has a cute style and has a bright and bubbly personality. Someone who is enthusiastic about the work that they do. - Xiah / Kim Junsu


DBSK one-shots completed! Noticed the scene inspired by JYJ's In Heaven MV? ;)

Sorry for the late update! Can't believe it's almost been a month since my last post. Encountered a writer's block -_- I hope you enjoyed this one.

Planning to update again before the new year featuring Donghae. Hope you all are having a good, relaxing holiday break so far! ^_^

Btw, I'm doing a giveaway for you, my lovely subbies!! Check out my blog post ;)