Be with a girl who bakes - Daehyun

Be with a guy who...(new scenarios ft. BTS)

“You can do this Daehyun. You’ve watched her hundreds of time how to bake.” Daehyun intently looked at the recipe and focused on measuring and mixing the right ingredients.

He’s no pâtissier like the girl he’s trying to date but making a cookie can’t be that hard, right?

 

Date a girl who knows her passion isn't helping anyone with their waistline but finds the beauty of rewarding or cheering yourself up with desserts worth it. She’ll understand that there's never a bad time for indulging, even at midnight…especially if no one's watching. She can always justify how people deserve a sweet break.

 

“You can’t possibly find a bakeshop that is still open this late.” Youngjae whined as Daehyun dragged him, Jongup and the maknae out in search for his midnight cravings. It was already past 11 in the evening and Daehyun just had to crave for cupcakes and cheesecake.

After walking for twenty minutes, Daehyun finally saw a café, his kind of heaven.

“Told you it’s already closed.” Zelo pointed out and asked if they could go home already.

The store already had the closed sign hung up but it was still bright inside.

“It won’t hurt to ask.” Daehyun motioned for the three to follow him as he looked through the window glass wherein a girl could be seen decorating a cake.

Daehyun knocked on the glass window and got the owner’s attention.

“Hi, I know it says that you’re already closed but is it possible to buy at least one type of dessert? I'll buy any cheesecake or cupcake left. I don’t care if it isn’t freshly baked.” Daehyun sounded so desperate that his best friend had to put his head down to hide his laughter.

“Actually…you’re just in luck. I was testing my new recipe, green tea cheesecake. I’d love to hear some feedback. Come on in.” _________, the pastry chef and owner of the store, had this weird habit of staying after office hours. She stays late to whip up new creations as her sweet taste buds and imagination goes wild and creative at that time.

“We shouldn’t be eating sweets this late.” Jongup warned his hyungs yet didn’t hesitate dig in for a bite. They’d have a field day tomorrow with their trainer at the gym.

“It’s okay, I won’t tell. You all are thin and fit enough anyway so I don’t see how you should avoid these delectable desserts.” ________ voiced out her thoughts as she served them water after slicing them each a piece of cake.

"My words exactly! No one can simply reject this sweet goodness." Daehyun finally tasted the cheesecake and raised two thumbs up. “This is so so good!”

They all genuinely praised ________’s creation and in return she gave them all a bright smile.

"You can enjoy now and exercise later.” She encouraged them to eat more, letting them try the others for free.

“I’m in love…” Daehyun couldn’t help it and let out a dreamy sigh. She was like an angel in Daehyun’s eyes.

Everyone’s eyes widened with his bold statement.

"With the food that it is." Daehyun completed his sentence when he realized that his friends and their new found chef friend were staring at him.

"I bet he’s going to be a regular customer here." YoungJae poked fun of Daehyun but he’s pretty sure, make that one hundred percent sure that his words are true.

"I look forward to seeing you again then." She grinned at them. She sure had a lot of energy at this hour that seemed to have passed on to Daehyun.

"Definitely! This is now my new happy place." Daehyun stated as a fact. He hasn’t even left the place yet he couldn’t stop thinking of when to go back again.

 

Daehyun was serious in baking. This is his first time and he needs to make sure that his feelings will be conveyed. Unfortunately because he was too focused in having the right measurements he misreads one label, mistaking the salt for sugar. 

 

 

She’s that type of girl who will feel proud and fulfilled whenever she sees the joy in people’s eyes after taking a bite from the masterpiece she just created. She’ll get excited when they ask for more. The smiles and satisfaction that people will get from something whipped up with all her heart and soul is forever priceless for her.

 

 

Daehyun keeps dragging his group mates and their manager to ________’s pastry shop. He even treats them with his own money just so he can get his fill, not only to satisfy his appetite not only his stomach but his eyes as well. 

His heart always beats a little faster every time ________ welcomes them.

Daehyun is guilty. He’s realized a few days ago that he’s grown attracted and attached to the girl. Heck he already considered her an angel since day one.

The way she smiles and gets excited about describing her newest recipes. How proud she looks when Daehyun tastes it and approves each bite and flavor. He just keeps on discovering things about her to fall harder for.

Well they did say that the best way to a guy’s heart is through his stomach, right?

 

Date a girl who bakes and she’ll show you a different perspective in life, that at the end of the day, life is sweet, no matter how hard it is at some point.

 

Daehyun made another late night visit to ________ after their schedule ended late. He was really tired and stressed and he needed some pick-me-upper from his favorite supplier of happiness.

They exchanged stories about their days and ________ opened up to Daehyun about how she also faces stress and frustrations.

“Don’t you sometimes feel like you want to break down, stop and walk away from all the problems?” Daehyun asked her seriously.

“I do, we all have those moments Dae but I guess that’s why I do what I do. Desserts give you that happy ending after a full meal, right? My purpose is to give happy endings to those who’ve had a rough day. Just for a moment you indulge yourself in eating something good, that when the delicious taste melts in your mouth you forget what you were even worrying about even just for a second.” _________ asserted, somewhat confident in the positive effect that her dishes give.

Daehyun saw a different side to ________, the way she just spoke about so passionately about her work reminded him of why he sings, why he fell in love with music…because we all can connect with someone’s lyrics at one point and it gives us a way of being able to release what we feel.

“Things will always get better. We just have to persevere and surround ourselves with the people who matter.” _________ looked back at Daehyun and gave him a soft yet comforting smile. She then pushed a small plate of fruit tart towards Daehyun, hoping it will give him a much needed treat.

“Do you also eat preservatives?”
“Huh?” ________ was confused with his odd question.
“You just don’t seem to have fine lines even if you stay up late or stress.” His cheesy line made her scoff but then again it also made her blush.

For a ‘Busan’ guy who’s supposed to be manly, Daehyun’s cool demeanor comes off a bit corny and greasy.

 

Date a girl who is patient and determined to stay all night to bake just to get things right, promising that there are no shortcuts to perfection. She’s someone who is patient enough to bake from scratch. She’ll slave over this stuff but forgets the struggle once she sees how beautifully whipped up her creation is.

 

 

“Where can I leave a tip?”

“Oh no, it’s okay. You don’t need to do so. Just enjoy your cake and spread the word, letting your friends know about our place is enough.” ________ answered back to the gentleman paying.

“If you don’t accept cash then can I give a different tip? How about I give you my number?” He winked at her and pushed his business card across the counter. “You can call me anytime.”

Daehyun fidgeted in his seat and glared at the male customer that flirted with _________. 

“Yah, You jealous? Do you have a thing for her or are you already courting her?” Yongguk asked Daehyun as he observed the younger one’s reaction.

“We're just friends.” Daehyun mumbled as he kept stabbing his straw on his empty cup of coffee. ‘That guy thought he’s so smooth huh. He sounds so sleazy.’ Daehyun thought bitterly.

“Well your ‘just friend' is doing her job so stop staring at her. You’re going to creep her out before you even get to confess.” Yongguk teased his dongsaeng.

“I think you need to mark your territory soon.” Himchan nudged Daehyun, raising his eyebrows at him. The rest of BAP already figured out why Daehyun keeps coming back here, and it’s not just about the food. _________ seems like a really nice girl so they all approve and support Daehyun in making a move.

 

 

Date a girl who never gives up after every mistake she’ll make. She’ll have the ability to point out where she went wrong and corrects it as soon as possible. She may get frustrated and annoyed when things don’t go her way when it comes to her pastry babies but it won’t stop her from trying again.

 

 

Daehyun fetched ________ and asked her to go their dorm while the others are out…well he forced them to stay out for a few hours. He’ll just have to bear with all their teasing later. They already know his plans for the day.

“Well…I was inspired to try baking for the first time and I wanted you to be the first one to try it.” Daehyun brought out pretty looking red velvet cookie and offered it to __________.

“Hmmm…it’s not bad but it makes me feel like I’m in the beach?” ________ didn’t know how to fully describe how it really tasted. Daehyun had puppy eyes and a hopeful smile that she didn’t want to fade away.

“I know, it transports me back to Busan too.” Daehyun agreed with her after taking a bite of it.
“I wonder why? Oh maybe It’s because it’s too salty. Do you miss Busan that much?” __________ tried to break it to him like a joke.

Daehyun scratched the back of his head in embarrassment. Feeling ashamed that he wasn't able to meet her standards. 

"Don’t feel bad, it's a good first try! I  really appreciate the effort Daehyun but why did you make things hard on yourself when you could have just asked me to bake something for you or to teach you?" _________ pondered out loud. She got curious as to why Daehyun suddenly took an interest in baking and not just eating.

"Well...actually I wanted to do something special." Daehyun admitted, the tips of his ears started getting red.

"For?" A part of ________ feared that this is for a girl. She knows she has no right to feel jealous and all but…well she’s fallen for her favorite customer.

"For you." Daehyun finally put it out there.

"Me?? Why?" ________ couldn’t hide the shock in her voice and in her facial expression. Her heart beat started accelerating, not knowing that it's matching with the pounding in Daehyun's chest.

"Hold on." Daehyun turned around to get the box of cookies he made. "Don't worry you don't have to eat the remaining batch." He supposes he can give it to s and laugh at their reaction. 

“Happy White Day!” Daehyun announced happily and gave the box to __________.

“Is this for me?” She asked still confused.

Daehyun nodded excitedly and urged her to open it. "Open it and tell me how I did on the decoration." 

________ slowly opens the box. Her jaw instantly drops as she read the words 'Please Be My Boyfriend?' as the toppings. Is he possibly…gay?

"Uhm...please be my boy friend?" She looked back up at him to confirm if what she's reading is correct.

"It will be my pleasure! I thought you'd never ask." Daehyun cheekily replied. Yes, this was his idea of a surprise confession. 

"Wait...what? Is this a joke?" 

"No no no, I'm seriously asking you to be my girlfriend...I just thought it would be cuter this way." Daehyun fiddled with his fingers and wiped his hands clean and dry wiping them slightly before reaching for her hands. He took a deep breath as he prepared to be vocal about his true feelings. "Seeing you every day is better than any icing on any cake. Ending my night by being with you and just chatting and eating is something I always look forward to. I've always thought you were a great woman with all the hard work and dedication you put into your creations. I'm just the guy trying to be more of a friend and hoping to be an inspiration and a motivator...just like how you are to me. You help people forget their problems and from here on out, I want to be the only guy that you'd want to lean on that can help you get through things. Your put our songs as your background music in your cafe, don't you think your food and our music partner well in helping people get through their days? Don't you feel like we can be great together as well?" He stammered and some of his words may have not made sense out of nervousness but he said everything that he’s been harboring inside.

“When God created you he must have given you a spoonful of perfection. You can be dorky yet charming and manly at the same time. I think besides my family, you’re the only guy who really appreciates everything that I cook. I’ve got to admit, whenever the chimes in my door ring I anticipate and hope it would already be you. You always spread some sort of sprinkle of happiness whenever you show up and I think I always want to feel that way…only with you.”  _________ didn’t want to lie about it anymore, Daehyun is a big reason why she’s been so keen in perfecting cheesecake more than ever.

“So does this mean you’re my girlfriend now?”

Her “Yes.” is sweeter than any dessert Daehyun has tasted.

The taste of her lips surpasses any seasoning.

Everything about her just adds flavor in his life.

 

Be with a girl who bakes because she understands that things aren't always perfect. You won’t always have to follow the step by step recipes because you’d have to adjust some things for your own reference, it may be a trial and error process but through time, practice and understanding, perfection can be achieved…and it’s also the same in life and love.

 


A little something different. Hope you still enjoyed it ;)

 

In the meantime, here’s a sneak preview on my next two stories.

 

Just a rough draft on the description. Let me know your initial thoughts about them:

 

Yongguk ♥ O.C ♥ Daehyun A story that is related to Yongguk’s charitable work.

 

Things get heated quickly when one of the new organizations that Yongguk’s been actively donating to has been revealed to be run by a high-class scammer. This hits a special place in Yongguk’s heart as it is something very personal to him and he blames the person who actually went out of her way just to inform him first and set things straight before the media does but then one misunderstanding leads to another and they end up having a cat and mouse relationship.

Will this certain lady make him restore his faith in humanity? Will it just be enough to prove her innocence for a good cause or will it be for a bigger life-changing deal that will make her feel like she's on a rollercoaster of emotions?

 

 

Changmin ♥ O.C ♥ Yunho

_______ doesn’t trust a lot of people in her life. She chooses her friends wisely and only surrounds herself with a small circle of peers, at least she can say that she trusts them and that they really know the true her.

But what if her best friend gets a boyfriend…and that supposedly taken, unavailable, untouchable guy breaks her barriers and slowly gets into her heart because of random special circumstances…what happens then?

You should always pick what’s right, shouldn’t you? So tell me, which weighs heavier…friendship or love?