Be with a guy who cooks - Jaejoong

Be with a guy who...(new scenarios ft. BTS)

 

Concept + picture given by: JustWinter


 

“Candles…check. White wine…check. Main course…check. Dessert…che–where is the dessert? Oh no! It’s still in the oven!” _________ scrambled towards the kitchen and hastily wore her oven mitts before opening the oven and lo and behold, smoke and burnt smell greeted her. She scolded herself for forgetting her final creation. ________ whined because of her clumsiness, she felt so stupid to have ruined a simple recipe that resulted to a disaster. She wanted to surprise her hubby-to-be an amazing dinner but obviously that plan is up in flames.

She wanted to do for Jaejoong what he always does for her, his way of always winning her heart through her stomach.

 

For your first few dates, he’ll bring you to his favorite restaurants. He’ll then recommend you other great restaurants and subtly boast about his love for food and cooking and look at you in such a childlike way, hoping that you’ll want to taste his food and suggest that he should cook for you. 

 

“You have an amazing taste Jaejoong. This place has the perfect ambiance and the food…my gosh, everything we ate really left me craving for more.”_________ truly enjoyed the restaurant where Jaejoong took her to.

“Well I’m happy you like it. I come here a lot with my friends. Not to brag or anything but I have been told that I can cook dishes that can compete with tastes from high-end restaurants.”

“Really? Then why’d you bring me here?”

“Well I thought that bringing you to my place and cooking for you early in our dating stage would seem too fast and suspicious since you’ll be in my pad for the whole night. Besides, I still have yet to know my date’s preference and allergies. So far, I’ve taken note that you don’t have a very high tolerance for spicy food nor do you like desserts that are too sweet.” Jaejoong thoughtfully replied, letting ________ know that he really considered and observed her taste.

 

The important thing to analyze and understand is if his interest in cooking is genuine and if it  is truly an act of love and service and not just plain show-off with ulterior motives with a ‘particular dessert in mind’.

 

Odd as it may seem, Jaejoong and ________ met up at a supermarket to start off their next date.

He has problems looking for the right elements since he wants things to be fresh and perfect. She observed him and watched how he sniffed, touched and inspected the ingredients he needed. She was in awe at his meticulousness, at one point she even chuckled because of how he handled the stuff but he just smiled back at her because he knows that she understands his ways.

In the end all his hard work and ‘oc-ness’ in the grocery benefited both of them since they were able to enjoy an unbelievably good plate filled with the freshest ingredients that makes every bite moan-worthy.

That night ended with the two officially being together as couple and since then they made it a habit to shop often together for groceries.

 

She rarely got to cook for Jaejoong since he always wanted to create delicious food presented with such finesse for her. He wanted to be the one to please her. Jaejoong would let her help out if she really insisted but none of that dirty or hard job, he’d let her be his taste-tester, set the table or pour the drinks, light the candles or add garnish to the plate. Jaejoong once said that her assignment during dining time is to enjoy what she eats and to relax.

 

He will always fascinate your taste buds and the kitchen will always be one of the places that will inspire him and make him happy while he’s cooking to make you happy.

 

_________ was facing the window in the in the kitchen when Jaejoong sneaked up behind her and kissed her neck.

She gasped because of the surprising ticklish feeling and turned around to try to stop Jaejoong but that only gave Jaejoong the perfect chance to kiss her fully on the lips.

At first, it was only a few pecks on the lips but then the couple realized that it wasn’t enough and it made them go hungry for something more.

Jaejoong lifted her on the counter top and intensified the kiss, turning it into a hot make out session. She had one of her hands wrapped around his neck while the other played with his hair.

Jaejoong took possession of her with his mouth and hands, his body was wedged in between her legs as they got lost in the kiss. Jaejoong varied the intensity and depth of the lip-lock, making ________ moan and forget her senses.

“Oppa…the food.” She went back to reality although she had a hard time reminding him that they were cooking breakfast. She was already panting since Jaejoong took her breath away.

“It’s okay, you taste yummier and you look much more delectable.” Jaejoong wickedly nipped on the sensitive spot on the side of her neck knowing that makes her weak.

“Liar. You are the one that’s hot.” She replied before releasing a dreamy moan, all because of his actions.
“Really? How hot?” Jaejoong smirked as he looked at his woman.
“Hotter than the spiciest pepper.” She answered back and then bit her lower lip while acting like she naughtily eyed Jaejoong from head to toe…well she couldn’t see below his waist so her eyes only stopped at the area where they get ‘physically and sensually connected’.
Jaejoong groaned from the teasing look that ________ gave him and he couldn’t help but resume passionately kissing his beautiful girl.

“I smell something burning.” _________ muttered when Jaejoong nibbled on her lower lip.
“That's my heart and passion for you.”

The two had long soulful French kisses that made them disregard the French toasts that were turning dark brown in the pan.

 

Although nothing was burning, the smoke started to spread throughout to the other areas of the apartment.

Jaejoong panicked as soon as he entered the apartment.  This was not what he expected when he walked in the door.

“Babe?!” He called out for his fiancé while he swatted away the light smoke that slightly covered the room and tried to go to where it seemed to originate.

“________! Is everything okay?!” He asked, seriously worried and anxious if ________ was hurt.

“Uhm…surprise?” ________ coughed and smiled sheepishly at Jaejoong. She really wanted to cook and have everything close to perfect tonight for her fiancé to congratulate him on his new successful movie but alas, things were not going according to plan.

You see, _________ is not skilled with culinary arts, unlike Jaejoong who seemed to have a talent for making magic in the kitchen. He seems to always know what to cook for every occasion, his food fits perfectly for each moment whether it may be for a romantic dinner, midnight snacks or side dishes to accompany alcohol, and even food that will make her feel better when she’s down with a flu or just plain stressed.

 

Buy him a recipe book on your anniversary and watch his jaw drop and his eyes sparkle, that will be one of the best gifts to give him.

 

_________ watched with a grin as Jaejoong flipped through the pages of a limited edition cook book that she just gave him. Jaejoong was very happy with the gift and his facial expression spoke volumes, his big smile truly satisfied _________ as well.

“Thank you honey! I promise you will never go hungry or eat tasteless food again as long as you love and have me.” Jaejoong’s hands started to ‘itch’ and his taste buds were going crazy as he was excited to try out the new recipes on the book and probably experiment and make a fusion to mix his own style.

He started to carefully mark out the pages for his next cooking plans.

_________ chuckled as she looked at her boyfriend’s scribbling on the top of the pages that had ingredients that stood out for them.

‘Remember: My lovely girlfriend hates cherries, papaya and anchovies! She tolerates olives but don’t overdo it.’ 

 

_________ curiously looked through that recipe book recently and realized that he has completed almost of them.

Jaejoong has gone to great lengths to continue to impress _________ with his own style of cooking, always trying to look for ways to cook for her better, making her get more confused as to which dish really is her favorite. He even learned how to make pesto sauce from scratch because that’s one of __________ favorites.

 

 

Food is how he expresses his love. He is passionate with cooking and obsessed in only serving you the best.

 

Jaejoong thought hard and long on how he will propose to the love of his life.

Will he propose over a meticulously prepared home-cooked meal? Or at a high-rated fine dining restaurant? Or somewhat spontaneously in their favorite café while she’s drinking her comfort drink while he tries a new one.

Every scenario and the ‘what if’s’ that he came up with made him nervous and fidget. Winning and claiming her heart for forever made him anxious. He wanted the moment to be memorable and amazing, in others words, he needed it to be perfect.

 

Eventually Jaejoong decided to do the proposal at his bachelor pad…that would soon lose that title as he hopes it becomes their home since it is spacious enough for a newlywed couple who’ll be working on starting a family.

He hid the ring in an odd place that even he feels may be too weird for his unsuspecting lady.

“Oh I lost track of time babe. I haven’t finished cooking yet.” Jaejoong lied to ________ when she entered his apartment. Truth is that he already set up a wonderful array of dishes in the terrace of his flat.

“Can you check on the pot that’s on the stove and taste it? Tell me if it’s delicious already.” Jaejoong tried to sound as casual as possible and luckily his acting skills worked on her because she didn’t feel anything out of the ordinary.

“Sure oppa. What are you cooking?” She asked as she made her way towards his chic kitchen.

“Something that I wish will become your new favorite.” He cryptically answered back.

__________ saw a dolsot resting on top of the stove, she didn’t even notice that there was no fire or heat coming from the stove. She quickly took off the cover and what she saw inside the stone pot caught her by surprise. Her eyes immediately widened and agape as her brain analyzed what she was seeing…a ring inside an opened small velvet box was placed inside the pot.

She’s heard of rings being hidden in desserts or even submerged in a champagne glass but this…well this is something else. With Jaejoong’s famous 4D personality, of course it is to be expected that he would do something unexpected yet extraordinary.

__________ didn’t take out the ring from the pot because she couldn’t believe that it was for her. She turned around and saw Jaejoong just a few steps away from her, his face had that look of anticipation.

“Jae…” She wanted for him to confirm what was in her mind and without saying anything more, he understood that very well. One of the things why they match is because they don’t have to vocalize their thoughts because the other one would feel and comprehend it right away.

Jaejoong walked closer to ________ and held her as he lovingly gazed at her.

“You know I love cooking…but not nearly as much as I love you. You’re my special treasured ingredient, you’re the sugar to my spice, you’re the one that makes my heart beat…I’m confident you are my last love because you are the one I want to marry and live with until my last dying breath. My ideal future involves you, lots of kids who’ll play with our cats and a dream kitchen. Serving you bed in breakfast or having candle-lit dinners is something I want to continue doing for you and our family, I may be an artist outside but I will be your lover, confidant, personal chef and hubby forever.” Jaejoong let go of ________ so he could extend his hand behind her more and reached for the ring inside the pot.

Jaejoong got down on one knee and presented the ring again to her. “I don’t want anyone else but you. I want to be the guy to protect the woman whose clumsy habits, sweet words and gestures make me smile and forget my tiredness. You’re my heaven, you’re the one I need to complete me and I’ll do everything I can for you. So please…will you do me the honor of being my wife?”

__________ shifted her gaze from Jaejoong’s eyes to look at the beautiful ring that he just slipped in her finger. “There’s no way out of you. I feel like there’s this love potion and aphrodisiac that you put in all the food you cook for me that I just keep falling deeper and deeper and I know I don’t want to get out of your love spell. I love you. I’ll do my best to be a great wife, an amazing mother to our future children and an amazing in-law to your family.”

 

Just then, the fire alarm went off and the ceiling sprinkler started to rain on them.

“Oh wow. This is just so…ugh! I’m so sorry.” ________’s eyes started to well up as she watched Jaejoong rushed to shut the alarm off to stop the sprinkler before getting doused with more water.

“I tried to make something special for you since you always cook for me and make me happy but…you know me, I’m always lacking that something.” She sniffled and sighed, feeling upset that she had let him down by not doing enough and even making a big mess.

“Hey…don’t feel like that or nor talk that way babe. Thank you for putting so much effort and thought for me, I always appreciate what you do. You don’t even know how happy or lucky I am with you. ” Jaejoong hugged her, their slightly wet clothes not bothering him. He kissed her forehead before pulling away.

“You better change before you get sick. I’ll clean this up and then we’ll cook together, okay?” Jaejoong showed a heart-warming smile.

“But you don’t usually let me cook with you.”

“Well…things are about to change. If cooking with you more often adds time for us to bond then I’d be very much happy to show and teach you more, just as long you enjoy it, okay? I don’t want you feeling forced and tired.”

“I actually had a back-up plan just in case I ruined my original plan that I somehow predicted and obviously came true.”

“Did you buy ingredients for your gourmet ramen that I love?” Jaejoong asked knowing that that’s one of the dishes that _________ is confident in and true enough, she timidly nodded in response, making his guess correct.

“Then honey that will be more than enough for me. We haven’t eaten ramen for a long time! That’s my comfort food, you know.” He sincerely expressed. Although it may sound simple since it involves instant ramen, the other components that _________ adds and mixes in makes it a whole lot better and it is something that Jaejoong seriously loves.

“I’ve been craving for it, along with your dukbokki.” She finally showed a faint smile.

“Then let’s cook side by side.” He smiled warmly at her.

“Oh the last time we did that we weren’t able to finish cooking.” She mumbled and blushed at the memory of them using the kitchen for something else besides its original purpose.

Jaejoong mischievously smirked at his fiancé for reminding him of that scene that was imbedded on his mind and he’d get to recall it every time he stepped into the kitchen.

Suddenly, Jaejoong bent a bit and hooked his arms behind ________’s legs and back. She let out a squeal as Jaejoong held her up and carried her in bridal style.

“We both need to change out of our wet clothes and I still need to thaw out the dukbokki from the freezer anyway so in the meantime…let’s get warmed up.” A beaming Jaejoong effortlessly carried her to the bedroom.

 

 

Love a man who cooks because he can offer you the most breathtaking and luscious life ever. Despite being busy, he will make time to send you lunch to your workplace so that he’ll be more at ease knowing that you are eating healthy, and in the process, your female co-workers will look in envy. You can offer them to taste his masterpieces, just to spark more jealousy for fun and show off what a great man you have.

You don’t have to go to high-end restaurants because you get to have a candle lit dinner by your own personal chef.

Even though there are vegetables and fruits that you do not like, he will try to secretly blend those in your dishes because of its health benefits. When you do realize that and interrogate him for forcing you something that you don’t like, he will respond back with all the vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that those components have, in a way he’ll make you feel guilty because he’ll say that he only wants you both to be healthy so that you will have more years together to grow old and watch your children longer.

Be with a guy who cooks not only because he slaves for you and feed the butterflies in your tummy…love him back because he deserves it.

 

"Making music and being loved for it is a happiness that most do not know of. Doing it because you like it is one thing, but doing it for others is another. There is a whole different level of satisfaction. Same with cooking. You cook thinking; ‘I hope the person finds the food delicious’. If there were no one there to listen to our songs, that would be the worst feeling possible.” - Kim Jaejoong

 


 

Updated Changmin's chapter with a quote from him on the bottom. Very applicable to the concept of the one-shot so hope you can revisit Chapter 5 - Changmin's page.

 

My feeling for Jaejoong recently is exploding!haha That’s why this one-shot is a mix of sweet and y.LOL

I hope most of you enjoy this. Do give me your feedback please? So I’ll know what you guys like or what you want me to improve on. Seriously, your comments-compliments make my day ^_^

You can also suggest scenarios / who you want me to write about and I‘ll do my best to write and put them up :) Or you can choose from the list of ‘concepts’ on the Foreword page and match it with a Kguy who you think can match that storyline.

If you do like and enjoy the one-shots then I hope you can click on that upvote button ;)

Oh and I wonder if I have readers who just bookmark my story / a chapter but isn’t really subscribed? Hmmm…nevertheless, love you all ;)