Should An Artist Be With A Reporter? - Mino (Part I)

Be with a guy who...(new scenarios ft. BTS)

“Ahjumma, can we turn the TV on? I think the 9 o clock news is on” One of the customers asked.

“Ahhh…the recording earlier tired me out. I don’t know if I just want to sleep or eat.” Seung-yoon whined while they were waiting for their orders to be served.

“I feel you hyung. Practice earlier drained me but I know I need some really good food.” Seung-hoon added, already picking on the side dishes.

Mino was absent mindedly checking stuff on his phone when his ears perked up when he heard the name he’s been trying to forget come from the news anchor’s voice. He tried not to look but Jinwoo just had to call his attention.

“Hey Mino, isn’t that the girl who interviewed you? Wasn’t she a showbiz reporter?” He asked. Mino couldn’t stop himself from taking a peek.

“I’m reporting live from Insadong where a protest is currently happening. The cause of it all…”

“Oh, that’s why there was a traffic jam.” Tae-hyun concluded based from the little information he got since they are in the same area.

__________ was in the middle of delivering her report when she was cut off by people rushing out of the scene.

“What’s going on there? Why are people running?” The news anchor asked.

“I don’t know yet but it seems there’s smoke appearing just a few meters away from us. Miss, what did you see? What’s happening?” ________ asked a passerby covering her nose.

“There’s a fire in one of the commercial buildings.” She said and went on her way.

“We will verify the information and get back to you as soon as we can.”

“Alright, reporter _________ try to get a visual of the fire and we’ll check back with you. In other news…”  

Mino zoned out the rest of the report. ‘Since when did she become she an on-site news reporter? I wonder why transferred to a different tv network?’

 

 

Reporters are great conversationalists. They’re great at asking questions and engaging others in conversation.

 

Mino was waiting for his sister to come out of her class when he spotted a cameraman filming a woman who looked relatively young. The reporter was holding a plate of what looks like chips. She was asking people to try it and record their reaction. Mino could only guess since he didn’t roll the windows down. He guessed right though since _________ was asking people to taste the famous honey butter chips.

He saw her bow to the cameraman and gave her mic back to him before he walked away from her. She then walked to the taxi lane and started waiting for a cab.

By the time that Dana, Mino’s sister, approached the car she was still trying to hail a cab.

“You’re late. I’m hungry.” Mino glared at her.

“I know. Sorry sorry.” Dana tried to show some aegyo to appease her brother.

 

“I’m so hungry. Everything smells so good.” Mino was salivating as soon as he and his sister entered a Korean BBQ restaurant.

“Hi, I made a reservation under Song Dana.”

“Oh…hold on.” The lady went around the restaurant for a minute before going back to the front. “We have a table available but it’s just half a table. I’m sorry, it seems like we overbooked. Would you still like to dine with us? We’ll give you a discount.”

Dana looked at her brother for his opinion, taking into consideration his want for privacy.

“Why not? I just really want to eat.” Mino didn’t mind because at this point his stomach ruled his mind,

The duo was seated in a long table next to three women.  

Fortunately, the ladies sitting didn’t notice that it was an idol sitting next to them.

“Sorry, I’m late.” A woman suddenly entered the room, making both parties look up. _______ felt embarrassed when she realized they weren’t the only ones in the room and she practically just announced her arrival.

“What’s new?” Her friends chuckled. “You’re just in time, the meat is almost cooked.”

‘She’s that girl from earlier.’ Mino remembered seeing her, the one who was waiting for a cab. Maybe that’s why she was late.

 

 

________ was a newbie reporter for a cable show. For the first three months she was assigned to cover the news regarding universities and the hot spots for students but has been recently transferred to the entertainment field.

“________, are you familiar with YG’s group Winner?”  Her senior asked while they were in the middle of brainstorming.

“Yes, I’ve heard some of their songs.”

“Okay, one of the members, Mino, is part of an art exhibit. Apparently he’s good with caricatures. You have to do more research so you can ask a lot of questions. Your segment can be a big deal especially if you get juicy details. See if some of his art were inspired by an ex-girlfriend or something, viewers love those kinds of stuff.”

_________ didn’t really want to be stuck in the showbiz field since she wanted to focus on stories that are thought provoking but she’s just a rookie, she still needs to build her name. She can’t deny the fact that being an entertainment reporter has its perks, you get to meet Hallyu stars! Score!

 

 

Reporters are effective communicators as they can share their stories no matter who the audience is. Not to mention they also want and like hearing others’ stories, maybe more so than talking about themselves.

 

“Hi.” Mino gave a half grin, his lips quirking up to the side.

_________ was surprised that Mino was the one who greeted her first.  She introduced herself and the show she was representing.

“It’s funny, this is the first time I’m meeting you but not the first that I’ve seen you.” Mino found the coincidence remarkable. Third time’s the charm perhaps?

“Really? It’s the first time that I’m interviewing you. Maybe I have a familiar face?”

“Believe me, you’re looks are far from being common. Maybe that’s why I remember you so much.” Was that subtle flirting? Is it wise for Mino to show interest in an entertainment reporter?

Well _______ wouldn’t use that for her story since she doesn’t think highly of herself, thus she didn’t pick on the way he was hitting on her.

After talking about his background with art, when he started, and his music career, ________ started veering the topic into what her producer would like to hear.

“Black day is coming up. Are you part of the Jajangmyun club or did you celebrate White Day?” _______ casually brought up.

Mino chuckled, these kinds of question always pops up so he’s kind of immune to it.

“I think my members and I will share jajangmyun. Our gym instructor will get mad if we all indulge on eating whatever we want. How about you?” He smoothly turned the question around.

________ let out a nervous laughter and joked with “I think I’d rather eat chocolates on black day. Anyway, down to our last question, what do you think is a great point in dating a singer or an artist like yourself?”

“Well…artists can immortalize their specials moments with their loved ones through a song or art and that will live on for forever. Like our interview now. It may seem like a normal casual talk but it’ll be a memorable one if I draw you right now, right?” Mino got a small notepad from his back pocket and started to do a simple caricature of his interviewer. He had to keep on looking at _______ which made her blush. He was done in minutes and just when he was about to hand it over to her, he decided to have her trade something for it instead.

“Can I have you calling card? You know, in case I want to correct some information when our interview airs.”

 

Artists will most likely always have friends who have a showcase, whether they are musicians who have gigs or artists part of an exhibit, which means you constantly get to go on cool, interesting dates.

 

It didn’t take long before Mino started contacting ________.  Although she liked their exchange of messages, she didn’t hesitate to remind him of what she did for a living.

‘Are you going to use this for a story? You don’t seem like the type of girl who’d do that though. Just my opinion.’ Mino responded.

‘Let’s just say I wouldn’t want to anger your fans and end my career when I’m just starting. Besides, gaining a friend isn’t a bad idea.’

‘Wise decision ;)’

 

From there on _______ and Mino were in constant communication, they even progressed to calling each other.

The day finally came wherein the two would see each other again. ________ had to interview Epik High in YG’s building and the two used that occasion to schedule a meet up. Mino waited for her to finish and for the cameraman to leave before walking towards her.

“Hey, have you had lunch yet?” Mino asked as he started leading her outside the practice room.

“No, but I heard that YG’s cafeteria is pretty impressive.”

“Seriously? Here I am trying to slyly take you out on a date yet you want to eat at our canteen? You really are different, are you?” Mino laughed.

________ stopped walking and Mino only noticed after he was a few steps away from her.

“What is it?” He asked curiously.

“Did you just tell me you wanted to take me out on a date?” She asked confused, unsure if she heard right.

Mino smirked and walked back to her. “You caught me. I guess that was my way of confessing? I like you. I thought I was making it obvious through my texts and our late night phone calls.” Mino didn’t care that she worked as an entertainment reporter. He’s come to know her the past month and she’s proven that she’s not a sell-out. He’s guilty of sharing made-up secrets to test if any rumor will leak but nothing came out. She earned his trust.

“So…will you hold my hand and let me guide you to our first dating spot?” Mino reached his hand out. ________ looked at him cautiously and then down his hand. She can’t deny the fact that she’s also fallen for Mino so she placed her hand in his. She smiled back at him and he intertwined their hands.

 

The relationship started with the two of them being careful from the public eye and especially from ________’s bosses. She knows that once they get word that she’s dating the idol star then they’d try to squeeze her for information and she didn’t want that.

 

Artists are always looking for their next muse. When they do make you their muse, you better believe that you will be his inspiration. Your good and even bad times will be used in his art. He’ll send his other half illustrations that will reflect how he sees her and how he feels about her.

 

Mino’s latest big canvasses have been centered about their relationship. From a drawing of two people (his recreation of them of course) kissing to simply two hands intertwined.

“Stop drawing me. It’s creepy and this one is too naughty!” ________ playfully punched Mino on the arm when he showed his latest caricature of her with a voluptuous body. Although she secretly enjoys it, it makes her feel special that Mino takes the time to draw with her in mind, even if it’s a ‘ified’ version of herself at times.

“You know it babe.” He replied and he winked at her, both of them laughed in the end.

“Byuntae!” She .

Mino stopped the car just in time when the stoplight turned to red. In the spur of the moment, he unbuckled his seatbelt and reached over to kiss his girlfriend. He grabbed her nape while he kept his other hand on the steering wheel. _________ was definitely caught off guard but she welcomed his surprising act of affection. She caressed the right side of his face and kissed him back just as passionately. They were getting carried away with the kiss when they suddenly heard the horn of the car behind them. Mino groaned and reluctantly pulled away from _________. She loved both his gentle and aggressive nature.

“Drive carefully. I just did a news write-up on a girl group member getting into a car accident with her boyfriend.”

“Oh yeah I heard about that. Who was it?”

“Source said to keep it a secret. I can’t tell.” As much as possible ________ tried not to mix her work with her relationship with Mino. She knows it can be sensitive since he is in the same industry she’s pressured to reveal scandals from.

 

 

“Mino, what do you think about idols revealing their relationships? Would you keep yours private or make it public?” Asked by the MC on the variety show Winner’s taping for.

“Personally, I think I’d like to keep it private. Especially in the early stages of a relationship but if she’s ready and our management I think it’s for the best I’d like for the news to come from me than get revealed by others. I wouldn’t want anyone feeling betrayed.” Mino stated. It may have sounded like a calculated answer but it’s his real opinion. Although he didn’t say it, Mino also wouldn’t want to risk his girlfriend’s safety because of possessive fans.

“Are you dating anyone right now?”

“All of us don’t have time for dates.” Mino answered quickly while the rest backed him up. To lie for now is the only way to maintain his relationship.

 

 

True reporters are ambitious. They stick to the facts as much as possible without compromising their morals.

 

“Everyone, please put your phones out on the table. There has been a leak from a story that should’ve been our exclusive expose. We are trying to find out who that is so please cooperate with us.” The news captain announced during their emergency meeting.

_________ panicked on the inside. Not because she’s the snitch, but because she’s afraid they’ll see her messages and pictures with Mino.

Their phones were checked one by one. _________’s heart raced when it was her turn, it felt like an hour when they browsed through her phone when it was only for approximately two minutes. Her boss didn’t react differently even when she returned the phone so she’s hoping her secret wasn’t discovered.

However, _________ thought wrong. She was called to her boss’ room right before it was her time to go home.

“So….________, we saw something what made us feel like we hit the jackpot. Tell me, what it’s like to date a celebrity?”

“I know what it looks like but we are just friends.” ________ tried to salvage the situation. She didn’t want her relationship to be the next story.

“Really? You’re just being friendly when he’s already calling you wifey? That’s interesting. You know as a reporter you should only report the facts, right?” The head producer was provoking her.

“Please, I’m not a public figure. I don’t want to be in the center of attention.”

“But he is _________. This can be the next Lee Minho-Suzy revelation.” He looked delighted about using one of his employees as a big story.

“I plan to break-up with him so there –”

“We know you’re lying, and even if you do break up we can still use this. Don’t you know ________ that you can climb up the seniority level if you’ll be the one to report about this? You’ll be like an investigative reporter. You can say how you went into this relationship so you can accurately share what it’s like to -”

“I’m not that kind of person.” She used the same line that Mino used on her before to interrupt him.

“Fine, we’ll let it go…for now. We’ll think about how we can go about this without revealing your identity. You’re free to go.”

 

 ‘Hey babe, how was your day? You okay for a call now?’ _________ didn’t reply to her boyfriend’s message. She was so stressed and restless that she couldn’t even sit still in her own home. She knows the heads of her show are trying to come up with something and she honestly just wants to shout at them to leave her relationship alone. She feels so helpless and she can’t even confide with anyone. She also doesn’t know if she should tell Mino that they’ve just been caught.

 

 


I'm back! Song Mino won a landslide victory with the poll! This took a while because I feel like I forgot how to construct a one-shot.hahaha

In case you forgot the italicized parts = flashback.

I would love to know what you guys think of this. Pretty please?

Will post the 2nd part soon ;)