Be with a guy who can be your own Santa - Eunhyuk (Part II)

Be with a guy who...(new scenarios ft. BTS)

________ started questioning the Santa incident when the gifts kept pouring in for a week. She couldn’t help but to think that something was odd when they kept receiving stuff. Surely there’s a catch and she fears that this may be a scam to charge her for all the items they received later on.

________ went back to the mall, alone this time, and asked to see the guy pretending to be Santa once he gets off duty.

Elf Donghae, who is also a very good friend of Eunhyuk, remembered this woman’s face after Eunhyuk told him about what happened weeks ago.

“Actually the Santa now is Kangin, a different guy was here when you came with your kid.” The elf informed her.

“Well where can I talk to that particular Santa? Or will talking to the manager of this event be better? I need  clarify some things.” 

“There’s a function room at the second floor which we use as a make-shift props and dressing room. You can find him there.”

“What’s his name?”

“I can’t divulge the names of our Santa’s”

“But you just said –”

“You’ll know who is who once you see him upstairs. And just incase you don’t find him there, here’s his cellphone number.” The elf handed a calling card but not before scribbling a name out. “Now go!” The ‘elf’ urged _________ before she could ask him anymore questions.

 

 

__________ knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it since she didn’t want to barge in.

“Oh My God…” ________ gasped as she saw who opened the door for her. Eunhyuk was also surprised with her suddenly appearing. ________ took a step back, ready to leave but Eunhyuk pulled her inside the room.

“So you found out.”

“You’re the Santa Jae-Hyuk talked to?! Are you the one who have been sending all those gifts?” _________ started bombarding him with questions. Eunhyuk could only sheepishly nod.

“Why? And don’t tell me it’s part of the ‘Santa’ program because I already looked into it.” She narrowed her eyes at him, suspicious of his actions.

“Once I realized that you were his mom I just had to do something for him…for you.” He honestly responded.

“Why?” She asked again. Did he already find out?

“Because I realized that I still love you after all these years. I’ve been looking for you. Please tell me that he is our son. Please tell me I’m not over thinking about Jae-Hyuk’s name being the opposite of my birth name.” Eunhyuk held on to both of her hands until he stood close to her, their bodies just a few inches away.

She couldn’t believe what she was feeling. Her heart wavered and she found herself being teary-eyed. She felt the same, she couldn’t find a substitute for him even though a lot showed interested but the hurt was still there. He wasn't there when she needed him...although in his defense he really had no news about her after their 'break-up'. Her friends and family didn't give him any signs at all and she was very good in hiding from him. “I…I have to go.”

“I let you go once, I can’t let you go again. Please.” Eunhyuk tried to wrap his arms around her but she bolted out the room, once again leaving him alone.

 

 

– Days later –

The gifts stopped coming, making _______ think that Eunhyuk must have been dejected because of how things ended last time. She was still busy contemplating about the predicament they were all in.

_________ picked up her son from the daycare center after a hard day’s work. As always, she thanked the people who looked after her precious kid and the two went home.

“You’ve been quiet baby.” ________ noticed that Jae-Hyuk hasn’t been talking to her much. “Is there anything wrong?”

“You told me appa helps make the world happy, including helping Santa secretly, right?”
“Yes dear, that's right.” ________ knew lying to her son is very bad, but it must be better than telling him the truth now. She still wanted to protect Eunhyuk’s image just in case one day he does meet him.

“But Santa’s not real!” The child suddenly burst out in tears. He started questioning Santa’s existence because of what the other kids were saying at the daycare center.

“I’ve never even seen him sneak in our house even though I stay up during Christmas. They told me the one in the mall is fake.”

"Well I love you, do you believe it or not?" ________ asked using a very soft, motherly tone.
"I do." Her son answered back quickly.
"Why? Can you see my love?"
"No…but you’re my mommy and I can feel it." Jae-Hyuk explained timidly. It perfectly makes sense.

"Exactly. You may not see Santa but he is in your heart, the one giving you the Christmas spirit." She patted his head, happy with his answer.

“Then where’s appa?”

“You know those gifts we keep receiving. That’s from your Santa daddy.” _________ informed her son with a soft smile. 

“Then we need to give him presents too!” He exclaimed showing consideration, forgetting that just a minute ago he was questioning a lot of things at his age.

“Do you really want to meet your appa?” The real question is, is she ready to meet him again?

He nodded excitedly while she let out a sigh. She couldn’t deny her son his right. “Alright, we’ll try to see him tomorrow.”

 

With a slightly heavy heart, _________ got the calling card Donghae gave her and dialed Eunhyuk’s number.

“Hello?”

She briefly introduced herself and asked if he would be free for the following day. She asked with her fingers crossed. Was she hoping that he would be available or not?

 

_________ just finished dressing Jae-Hyuk when she heard the doorbell go off.

“I’ll get it. Stay here first, okay?” She smoothed out his hair and pecked his cheek before going out of the room.

_________ opened the door and had to resist laughing because she didn’t want to look like she was giving in. Eunhyuk came in his Santa suit complete with a red bag, unpredictable as always.

“Why did you wear that?” She asked as she looked at him from head to toe.

“Well…after you told me Jae-Hyuk’s story I thought that this would be a softer and much better approach to ease him in the idea that I am his dad.” Eunhyuk’s explanation made the mother of his child realize that he carefully thought this meeting out.

"Good luck to all of us." _________ mumbled as she led Eunhyuk to their son's room.

“Baby…someone is here to see you.” She opened the door slowly and introduced the man who's visiting them.

“That’s the fake Santa from the mall!” He started to wail.

________ was about to speak up but Eunhyuk stepped in. “That’s right Jae-Hyuk. I’m just Santa’s helper. The real Santa is busy making toys for everyone in his workshop in the North Pole. He told me that I’ve done enough and that I should come down and visit you and your mom…maybe even stay with you for a long time if you like.” Eunhyuk took off his fake beard and the red hat. He kneeled so that he could meet Jae-Hyuk’s eyes.

“I heard that you’ve been a good buy and that wanted your appa back…so would you like to give me a hug?”

Jae-hyuk looked at his mom with a confused expression.

“You wanted to meet your dad, right? He’s right in front of you Jae-Hyuk, this is Eunhyuk appa.”

The young boy still looked hesitant.

“You got from him your gummy smile. See, both of you do it in 1…2…3.” _________ became teary-eyed when the two guys in front of her reflected the same goofy yet adorable gummy smile.

That seemed to be enough proof for Jae-Hyuk and so he hopped down from his bed and gave Eunhyuk a tight hug, in which he gladly returned.

"Appa..." He whispered with a smile on his face.

“I brought you gifts for the past Christmases and birthdays that I missed.” Eunhyuk showed Jae-Hyuk the red bag he slung behind him and placed it on his bed. Jae-Hyuk giggled in delight and the package became the center of his attention, giving the two adults some time to talk.

"Thanks. You didn't have to do all of that." ________ stepped out of Jae-Hyuk's room to give the two of them privacy.

"No, I owe you. Thank you ________. I'm so grateful that you welcomed me in his life. Now it's your turn. I believe this gift has been long overdue." Eunhyuk brought out a small velvet box from inside his jacket. ________ gaped when Eunhyuk opened the box and showed her the ring inside it. 

Will you take me back and marry me? If this is going too fast then it's perfectly fine for me to wait and win your heart again. Just don't push me away, let me in your life, let me prove myself to you and Jae-HyukEveryone needs a Santa Clause in their lives…and every Santa needs a Mrs. Clause. Maybe we can start the new year on a very happy note for all of us.”  Eunhyuk stated with a gentle tone. His eyes and words melting her heart.

"Let's take it one step at a time. I'll treat this as a promise ring for out future." She just didn't have the guts to say no nor act cold anymore, fearing that she's walking away from happiness. What would her son say too? It would just make things complicated. Besides, all these years no other guy made her heart beat the way Eunhyuk did...and still does. Why make things harder for them?

Eunhyuk couldn't be any happier with her response. He slipped the ring on her finger and kissed her hand. He cupped her face and slowly closed the gap between them. He gave her enough time to reject or pull away from his attempt but she didn't do anything but close her eyes. The two shared a sweet and passionate kiss, as if they were under a mistletoe.

“I saw omma kissing Santa appa! Santa & God really granted my wish this year! We are now a complete family!” Jae-Hyuk rejoiced as he jumped up and down before hugging his parent's legs.


Hope you enjoyed this fluffy holiday themed story! :)

I wish you all a Happy Happy New Year!! 

Much love <3

Taecyeon feels came back after seeing 2PM perform in KBS & SBS Gayo so he might be the featured next ;)