Be with a guy who can teach you about loving yourself (Part I)

Be with a guy who...(new scenarios ft. BTS)

“You’re not ually frustrated, you’re relationship frustrated. You really should step out of your comfort zone for a chance at love.”

“Hello?? Don’t you remember what happened just two weeks ago? You guys stepped in and brought someone, I changed, I crawled out from my shell, I I followed the advices but they failed.” _________ reminded her friends of the recent 'disaster' she encountered with her attempt to have some romance in her life.

“Well I wouldn’t call it an epic failure really…just a semi-fail. Which I honestly don't understand why. It’s something between the two of you to work out.” Hyosung voiced out.

"What happened was ironic, wasn't it?" Yoonji added before _________ sighed.

“I confessed, didn’t I? I’m not usually the type to voice out my feelings and look what happened.” ________ pointed out, not exactly sure how to feel about the situation she was in. Her pessimistic side expected this. This is why she didn’t need nor want a man in the first place, they just complicate things.

 

“Valentines’ day is coming soon, a.k.a single awareness day for half of the population.” Hyosung informed her girlfriends as they chatted in a coffee shop.

“Why do you have to make it sound like that? We can go out like usual and treat ourselves.” _________ didn't see why they had to mope around on the fourteenth when it can be their own ‘Galentines’ Day’

“Actually we are okay with it but for you however…we made different plans.” Yoonji comically wiggled her eyebrows up and down.

“What do you mean? You girls are scaring me. What are you up to now?” _________ asked suspiciously. 

“Surprise! We set you up.” Hyosung informed her happily

“You what?!” 

“We’ll explain later, here he comes now.” Hyosung stared straight ahead, making ________ turn to see who she's looking at.

A tall and handsome man walked inside the cafe and smiled their way. ________ immediately felt attracted. Okay, she admits, her friends picked a guy with jaw-dropping features. Was this a blind date?

“This is Ok Taecyeon...your dating coach.” Taecyeon then flashed a bigger smile as he offered his hand.

“Wait…my what??” Her eyes were widened in surprise.

“You’ve always been the one to shy away from guys but you give such good advice on relationships and men so now it is your turn to actually follow what you tell us with Taecyeon’s help." Yoonji said as she explained where they were coming from. They just wanted to help each other their girl out. “We’ll leave you two to get to know each other.”

“So…how did you meet them?” ________ tried to start with some small talk after her friends left.

‘Cute.’ Taecyeon thought before answering. “From a friend of a friend.”

“Ahhh I see…” ________ answered with a nod. She was unsure what she should ask or say next. Fortunately the waiter saved them from uncomfortable silence. Taecyeon ordered his coffee and brought his attention back to his client.

“So first things first, I am here at your service to make things better in the love department. We have ten blind dates part of the agreement. But don’t worry, I won’t stop at ten if it means that we haven’t found your Mr. Right yet.” Taecyeon briefed her on how things run. He talked so smooth and calm.

“I have to be honest, this is a bit nerve-wracking and awkward for me.” ________ bit her straw as she listened to Taecyeon explain himself.

“That’s perfectly understandable. We’ll work on you opening up to me bit by bit. I am not here to completely change you, okay? Think of it as…’upgrading’ you. First, tell me about yourself. What do you like to do? What don’t you like or what makes you uncomfortable?”

“Hmmm. Let’s see…”

Taecyeon took mental notes of her answers along with observing her mannerisms. Actually, he is in no way a professional dating coach but he has had a successful rate of being a great matchmaker with his friends. Word got around and now here he is helping people level up for their personal development.

 

He will not force her to change. He won’t tell her to become a new different person. On the contrary, he will show her how she can appreciate herself first, to love herself and her beauty from within more.

 

The two spent the rest of the day together, Taecyeon made _________ feel comfortable in a short span of time. That’s just naturally part of his charm and talent.

“You know you have to learn to appreciate and love yourself more. Happiness is a choice. Everything starts within and you can’t share love or happiness if you feel lacking in itself. You have to learn to be happy and independent. We have to put more positivity and confidence in you before we modify your outer appearance.” Taecyeon spoke like a therapist yet every word made sense. _______ could really relate and understand. Heck, those were the words she uses to comfort her friends and raise the flag for girl power.

“Let’s meet again tomorrow morning. We’ll start with exercising. Even just a simple jog or walk helps release endorphins to make you happy. And when you get tired, you have less energy to overthink or worry about things. Trust me, it really helps.”

“It was really nice meeting you ________.” Taecyeon brought ________ home since she only rode with her friends going to the coffee shop.

“It was good meeting you too. Good night Taecyeon.”

Since their first meeting, the two frequently went out. They didn’t just tolerate each other for the sake of the contract, they honestly liked each other’s company.

 

Three days after their first meeting, the two scheduled a day for shopping. One would think they’re actually dating with their closeness.

They went to the mall and jumped from shop to shop to look for new clothes. They chose to upgrade her wardrobe with pieces that would flatter her figure and chose colors to add a pop of life in her monochromatic closet.

“I actually used to always wear contacts when going out.” ________ told Taecyeon as he brought her to an optical shop.

“Why’d you stop? What changed?” Taecyeon asked curiously.

“Well I realized I wasn’t really impressing anyone and I wanted to simplify things. I didn’t want to go through all the trouble every time I had to go out.” ________ confessed nonchalantly.

“You don’t have to do things to impress anyone. All you’re required to do is feel good about yourself every time you step out of the house. I remember reading this quote that says ‘dress up as if you’re seeing your worst enemy’.” Taecyeon’s words really warmed up _________’s heart and gave her a cozy feeling.

They then went to a salon after. They changed the color of her hair, from her low-maintenance brown locks to a chic dark ash blonde. Nothing too shabby, just something to freshen her up.

All these pampering can really do wonders to liven up one’s moods and personality.

“What now?” She asked him after they’ve done upgrading her.

“Now you meet good guys, date, and get married.” Taecyeon listed down as he carried the shopping bags to his car.

“A little too fast isn’t it.” She laughed as if everything Taecyeon said was as easy as ABC.

“No rush. Just pick someone who you think can really jive with you and possibly see in your future as someone who can bring only the best from you.” Taecyeon stated after opening the door for _________.

“I’m sure your girlfriend does that to you. She’s pretty lucky to have Mr. Perfect.” She said after her and Taecyeon were both inside the car.

Taecyeon chuckled at her statement before replying. “Believe me, I’m far from that.”

“Still so humble. See, you haven’t proved me otherwise! Wont your girlfriend be bothered that you’re always out setting girls up though?” ________ asked, getting more serious. If she was his girlfriend she’d get a little bit jealous with the amount of time he’s spending with other girls.

“I don’t have a girlfriend.” Taecyeon’s revealed, which surprised ________ very much.

“Now that I find hard to believe.”

“Maybe we’re alike, we give so much great advice we can’t even follow.”  Taecyeon answered back but not with that smile that she already got used to seeing.

“Well if I’m a successful case then I’ll pay you back by finding you a great girl that matches you.” _________ declared, her voice full of determination.

“I might just take you up on that offer.” Taecyeon sniggered.

 

He won’t push you to your limits. He will hold your hand, guide you as you take baby steps towards embracing a better you.

 

“Ready?” Taecyeon asked as he watched _________ finished getting ready for her first date. She struggled putting on the last piece, which was her bracelet. Taecyeon walked towards her and helped her put it on.

 _______ smiled and actually felt her heart flutter. Like she felt some spark. ‘Is this how it feels like? To be attended and really cared for?’ But then ________ shook her thoughts away as she realized Taecyeon’s not part of the deal. It’s part of his job to be this dashing, sympathetic and accommodating.

 

“Relax. Don’t overthink things. React naturally.” Taecyeon reminded her. It’s not that she was clueless when guys showed interest or flirted, it’s just that she didn’t know how to respond to them. She always wondered what guys could see in her but Taecyeon talked her through it and showed her that she’s a very likable person. He made her promise to not think so little of herself.

“Take care, okay? Update me when you’re free in between or just after the date if you’re not tired.” He showed genuine concern. Taecyeon brought her to the restaurant so that the guy can bring her back to her place after. Usually talks during car rides are some of the nicest moments.

 

________ entered the restaurant with her heart beating fast. She was led to the reserved table where she saw her date just take a seat.

“Wooyoung?”

“Hey, ________, right? It’s nice to meet you.” WooYoung stood up to greet her and pulled her chair for her.

The waiter got their orders and left the couple to continue getting to know each other.

“Wooyoung is hungry.” Wooyoung started with his aegyo, talking from a third person’s point of view. ________ had to refrain herself from her face showing her reaction as she was surprised with his ‘cute’ act. She thought it was just to break the ice and make her laugh but then he kept on doing it, making her break into an awkward laughter.

Too cutesy, fail!

 

Two nights after, ________ went on her second blind date. This time with a guy who exuded charisma and masculinity.

Chansung’s long stares made her look away, his eyes were warm yet hold some power.

“The food is great, isn’t it?” Chansung He touched her more than necessary, he wiped the corner of her lips with his thumb and even tucked the hair behind her ear. He reached his hand out to hold hers over the table. “I’m really having a good time with you.” Chansung continued as he rubbed his thumb around her skin. He moved with his hands quick.

He brought her home and made a move for a kiss but ________ moved her head so he’d peck her cheek instead. She quickly ended it with a ‘Good night’ before entering her apartment without looking back.

Too touchy, next!

 

The next guys she went on a blind date too were not compatible with her.

Kris, was too posh for her taste. He kept switching languages from Korean to English to Cantonese and even Mandarin. He was a bit too vain and self-absorbed at times too.

Zelo, was just too young. He was cool but ________ couldn’t see him as her boyfriend and just as a good dongsaeng.

________ didn’t know if it was just her of there is really something weird going on with the dates she was matched with. Was the universe giving her a sign that she really maybe isn’t cut out for this romantic scene for now.

 

Taecyeon laughed aloud and assured _________ that there is nothing wrong with her. The two were currently in _________’s apartment and were evaluating her past few dates.

“Don’t you use that ‘it’s not you, it’s them’ excuse on me.” _________ narrowed her eyes at him.

“Well you can’t expect to find ‘the one’ this easy, right?” Taecyeon raised a very good point.

“Dating is tiring.” She pouted, making Taecyeon chuckle.

Taecyeon suddenly came up with an idea, a plan that may narrow down the list. “Give me names of some the guys you liked before but didn’t confess to. You must have someone that you really like, even from before when you were all shy and concealed your feelings. The next time we meet you should be ready with a list or at least some names and I’ll see where we can go from there.”

“Uhm No. I don’t think that’s a good idea. It’ll be embarrassing.” _________ rejected his proposal right there and then.

“Hey, you wouldn’t know if they liked you back then too. Who knows? Better yet, I’ll ask your friends for names and all the guys who showed interest in you. I’m sure they’ll be eager to help.” Taecyeon took his phone out only for ________ to snatch it from him a second later.

“Don’t!” She told him as she hid his phone behind her.

Taecyeon stood up and moved closer to _______, asking for his phone back. A playful expression painted their faces.

_________ shook her head and dashed for the bedroom but Taecyeon chased her and entrapped her with his strong arms. __________ squealed while Taecyeon’s laugh echoed in her place. He was holding her tight around the waist as he tried to get his phone back but ________ persistently held on to it. It was only after a minute or so that they realized how their bodies left no gap in between them, _________’s back rested against his chest and their arms tangled together the whole time. __________ turned her head to the side only to find Taecyeon’s lips dangerously close to hers. That snapped them back to reality. The laughter died down and they both stepped away from each other. Taecyeon awkwardly cleared his throat and _________ quickly handed his phone towards him as if it was a piece of hot potato.

 


Hope you enjoyed the first installation of this story. Let me know what you think, especially with the idols that made cameo apperances. I'll post the next one on or before Valentines day ;)