Be with a guy who can teach well - Yoochun

Be with a guy who...(new scenarios ft. BTS)

As suggested by: JustWinter


________ played with her pencil out of nervousness as she watched the clock tick. She was about to take a test that could change her life. A major, crucial English test that can determine the fate of her future.

She’s only been studying English informally for a few months with the help of Yoochun, what started out as just some casual lessons with an ulterior motive turned into a serious review to prepare her for some big opportunities in life.

She smiled in a heartbeat upon recalling her tutor…the guy she didn’t expect to have fallen for.

 

Half the battle of teaching is figuring out how to relate to individual students. Teachers work to connect with students and try to relate to a variety of people.

 

“Please…”

“No.”

“Why not?!” _________ frustratingly asked. She’s been trying to convince Yoochun to be her English tutor for the past thirty minutes. She explained to him how she wanted to be able to converse well in the foreign language yet not honestly telling him the reason behind that.

“If I teach you English, I will be serious and you might hate me for it.” Yoochun answered back with an aloof expression.

“No, I won’t.” She whined cutely. “Please oppa…” She used the aegyo card on him to weaken his defenses.

“Remind me again why I should do this for you?” Yoochun still tried to show a cold, unaffected front.

“So I can have a great future?” She smiled trying to convince him some more.

“Why don’t you actually just enroll yourself in a formal English class?”

“Why would I when I have you?” She didn’t know how her words affected Yoochun, the guy who has been secretly harboring feelings for her ever since she befriended him.

Yoochun couldn’t say no to her forever and so he caved in, just like in many other instances. He didn’t know if it would be an advantage or a torture for him to spend more time with her.

 

Teachers can explain the same thing in numerous ways until a point is made effectively, making sure that no form of miscommunication will happen so nothing would hurt the relationship.

 

Yoochun started out slow and simple for _________. He assessed her English level and adjusted to her pace, which actually wasn’t that bad. She had an average knowledge of the language, she was able to remember her grammar lessons from school and just needed to be brushed up on those SVA rules, widen her vocabulary and practice more of her speaking skills so she would be able to think on her feet and stutter less.

Yoochun explained things carefully to _________ and she showed progress in no time, which made him very happy.

 

“Yoochun…”

“Hmm?”

“Am I improving?” _________ asked after she closed the book that Yoochun was making her read.

“Yeah, believe me you are.”

“Really?” She asked skeptically.

“I mean you can start and maintain a conversation now compared to before.”

“But why don’t I still feel confident?” She puffed a breath before pouting.

“In time sweetheart.” Yoochun patted her head.

“Did you just call me sweetheart?” She teasingly asked him, her mood suddenly changed.

 

Those who teach have the mentality to always be prepared and they have learned to deal with sudden situations. They know things might not go the way they expect it to but they are prepared to improvise in just about any scenario.

 

“Go out with me today.” _________ made a surprise visit to Yoochun’s house to persuade him to accompany her.

“Why?” Yoochun stretched his body on the bed since _________ did just wake him up. She ambushed him in his room and then jumped on his bed to get him up.

“I’m meeting a friend and I kind of need your help.”

“Why?” He asked the same question again.

“See…here’s the thing, this guy friend of mine moved to the States in the middle of primary school and growing up there made his Korean rusty already. He’s better in writing Hangul compared to conversing so it’s highly possible that we’ll have some communication breakdown if you don’t come with us.”

Yoochun, being the smart guy that he is, was able to connect the dots quickly. “He’s the reason why you started to focus on studying English in the first place, am I right?”

She sheepishly smiled and nodded.

“You told me you were learning English so you can have a great future!” He blurted out sounding annoyed…and jealous.

“Exactly! If I end up with him I will have a happy future.” She divulged before letting out a dreamy sigh, oblivious to the guy who was starting to get hurt because the girl she likes is daydreaming about the guy she likes that’s is obviously not him.

“Why bring me on your date?” He harshly pulled the covers up to hide his self and turned his back on _________.

“I can’t meet up with him if you won’t be with me. I’d be too embarrassed.” She went to the other side of the bed and lay down close to Yoochun.

“I don’t want to be a third wheel in your date.” He muttered.

“Please Yoochun…he was my first best friend and my first puppy love and it would really mean a lot to me if you could help me out. I don’t want to look like a fool mumbling the wrong things. Please.” She purposely snuggled to him, coaxing him into agreeing to her request.

Yet again, his weakness for her got the best of him and he finally agreed despite his gut feeling saying otherwise. Does that make him a masochist?

 

 

“Oh My God. There he is.” She squealed when she spotted Taecyeon waiting inside the restaurant.

“He wasn’t this hot before.” She mumbled and became more nervous with every step she took.

“__________! Oh wow. You’ve grown into such a beautiful lady. I missed you so much! I’m glad that we’re able to see each other again after a long time.” Taecyeon talked too fast for _______ to be able to fully understand every word. Her anxiousness also caused her to unable to focus.

“Uhm…my friend, Yoochun.” ________ babbled as she introduced Yoochun to him. The two guys greeted each other before sitting down.

“What did he say earlier to me?” She whispered in Korean, hiding her face behind the menu.

“You’re pretty. He missed you. He’s happy.” Yoochun replied as if he was uninterested.

“That’s all? I felt like he spoke quite long.”

“So…what’s good here? I’ve been looking at the menu and everything just looks delicious. Why don’t you order for us _________? I have faith that you have good taste. Just nothing too spicy though.”

“Ah…” ________ smiled and nodded at Taecyeon but quickly looked at Yoochun for translation.

“He wants to eat something very hot.” Yoochun sarcastically said as he lied. Yes, he purposely sabotaged the translation because he's jealous but both of them do not need to know that. 

 

Yoochun held his snigger back when he saw Taecyeon sweating due to the spiciness of the food.

“Here, water.” _________ refilled Taecyeon’s glass with cold water which he quickly gulped right away while fanning himself.

“He shouldn’t have gotten something he couldn’t handle.” Yoochun whispered to _________.

“Maybe he wanted to show-off for me?” She replied with wishful thoughts.

Despite that hot moment, Taecyeon was still able to appreciate all the food and enjoyed the company more. _______ was also able to converse with Taecyeon after feeling more at ease, she just decided to go for it and threw away half of her nervousness and got the courage to speak more.

“I had a great time catching up with you ________. It was nice meeting you too Yoochun. Next time we meet-up I’ll introduce you both to my girlfriend.” Taecyeon gave _________ a big hug and shook Yoochun’s hand before waving off to them.

“Girlfriend...” She repeated softly once Taecyeon was far from them. Yoochun looked at her worriedly as he heard the disappointment in her voice.

“He means a girl that is just his friend, not really his yeoja chingu I think.” Yoochun tried to tell a white lie for her. Now he felt bad.

“It’s okay. I perfectly understood what he meant. I’m so stupid huh.” She chuckled before showing a faint smile that broke Yoochun’s heart because he knew how fake it looked, well to him anyway. Before tears could even run down her eyes, Yoochun placed his hand behind ________’s head and let her lean on his chest, embracing her for further comfort. He wished she could see it more as a romantic gesture than just a friend trying to make her feel better.

 

That incident however didn’t stop ________ from studying English, much to Yoochun’s surprise. He felt delighted and proud of her for not letting that disappointing episode hinder her from taking her lessons seriously. She swore to him that she would continue and finish what she started, after all, it is for her future.

 

_________’s phone beeped, alerting her that a text message came in. Realizing that the sound might disturb the others that will take the test with her, she first switched her phone to silent mode before reading the message she received. She smiled when Yoochun’s name appeared on the screen, accompanied with a cute cheering message that he sent.

 

Don’t be nervous. I know you can do it! Hwaiting~! I will be waiting for you afterwards and we will go out to celebrate. Now take a deep breath with me…inhale…exhale, now smile for me

 

“You always have your way with words with me Park Yoochun.”

 

 

Those who can teach well are good conversationalists. They are in tuned with various information so they can talk about anything, from news to pop culture and can be sensitive to certain topics, depending on who they talk to.

 

__________ made it a habit to record her English lessons with Yoochun so she could practice her pronunciation and review even when’s alone.

One night, after a tiring study session, _________ fell asleep while waiting for Yoochun to finish checking mock test. Yoochun looked at _________ fondly and out of nowhere, he decided to confess to her, in English that is. He forgot about the fact that her cellphone was still on recording mode.

 

“I can’t even begin to describe how much I feel for you. Besides being proud in seeing you take our lessons seriously, I also have my own personal, well you can call it selfish reasons for being happy that you have lessons with me. The real reason why I was hesitant in tutoring you in the beginning was because I was scared I might slip and that I may not contain the feelings I have for you any longer. I’ve been keeping it in for so long that I need control to avoid any sudden outburst. I see you in a romantic light __________, as the girl that I daydream to have, the one I imagine having late night cheesy conversations with and random dates with. You’re so close yet so far from my reach. I do feel like you’re out of my league. I wonder if you’ll ever see me as more than a friend to you. I wonder if you’ll ever realize how head over heels I am for you, how much I’ve fallen for you...hard.” Her light snores made him chuckle. “Its things like these that I know I picked the right girl. You have these quirky mannerisms that I’ve grown to love, that I find so special even if you yourself don’t like them. I remember you complained about your teeth yet I couldn’t find any fault because your smile just simply brightens my day. You say you gain weight yet you fit perfectly around my heart. Well maybe you did gain some weight…in my heart that is. Oh you would’ve cringed if you heard that line. You say I’ve been teaching you well but…” Yoochun paused and sighed sadly. “Can I also teach you how to love me?”

 

Morning came and ________ played the lesson from last night, she realized that Yoochun was saying something in English that she couldn’t fully understand. She thought it was a test for her so she translated it herself and then somewhere along the way she realized that his words were deep, that what he was saying went way beyond than just a simple topic for a fake listening test. She found the results unbelievable so she asked another friend good in English to confirm the translation and she was astonished with how Yoochun revealed his feelings for her.

Now she paused from studying English to study something else entirely. She took her time in analyzing who Yoochun is in her life and if she returned his feelings. Could she could see her life without her confidant, the guy who was there to witness her ups and downs, the one who exerted effort just for her benefit. It was only now that she realized how important Yoochun is to her. All the while she thought that she only saw him as her best friend, yet when she tried to imagine him with another girl, she knew she’d be jealous to have to share him, to have him treat another girl like her or even better. And that’s when she understood how vital Yoochun is to her being. She decided that she wanted to Yoochun all to herself, he deserved to be loved like how he loves.

“This is Yoochun my boyfriend.” It did have a nice ring to it.

 

_________ took her time in writing and perfecting a love letter in English. She called up Yoochun as soon as she was through and asked him to come over so he could ‘check’ it for her.

 

‘My heart went crazy the other night. My mind was rattled with questions as I tried to dissect every bit of your confession.

I know I probably wasn’t meant to hear that but I’m glad that I accidentally stumbled upon it. It honestly pierced through my heart and made me guilty. You melted me with your words, you swept me off of my feet and I feel so stupid for not realizing what a great catch you are from the beginning. I have been dense with this love matter but I know now that what I want the same things that you want. You’ve been loving me for who I am (despite my naïve side), you knew my faults and weaknesses but you continued to love me anyway. You've been so patient and understanding. It’s also because of you that I am becoming a better, wiser person.

 

Pabo…if only you confessed earlier then you would’ve gone out of the friendzone sooner.’

 

“Who is this for? Taecyeon?” Yoochun didn’t even go over the grammar or check for corrections, he understood the message perfectly clear and all he wanted to know is who the letter is for. For a smart person he also has his stupid tendencies.

________ shook her head before telling Yoochun to check the back.

Yoochun flipped the paper and saw ‘For Park Yoochun’ on the upper right hand corner. He had a confused look on his face so before he could even ask _________ went ahead and satisfied his curiosity.

“I heard your confession.” She admitted, her cheeks flushed a bit when she remembered how smooth Yoochun’s voice was when he was delivering those sweet words she had on loop.

“But you were sleeping? Were you faking it?” Yoochun stammered.

“No but I got it on my phone. I record our classes remember?” She could only imagine how he looked like when he was confessing to her sleeping form. She kind of felt bad since she wished she witnesses it all.

“Oh right…” Yoochun scratched the back of his head and looked down at the love letter before looking back up at _________. “Does this mean I’m not in a one-sided love anymore?”

“Sorry for making you wait but yes, your love is not unrequited.”

“So are you my girlfriend now?” He asked a bit shyly.

“Well technically not yet since you haven’t asked me upfront, you only confessed but you didn’t say your intentions.” She although her smirk soon faded when Yoochun leaned closer to her and cupped her face in his hands.

“Would my best friend do me the honor of being my girlfriend?” His velvet voice made ________’s heart race and she could only nod in response.

“I’ve been waiting for this.” Yoochun crooned before placing his lips softly on ________’s very own pair. An involuntary shiver raced up her spine when he kissed her for the first time. Yoochun tilted his head from time to time as though searching for the best angle to deepen their kiss. Both their hearts pounded in a way that made them feel really good, like this was their first kiss ever. It was like their previous kisses were just practices to gear them up for this great, breathtaking kiss.

They hesitantly broke the kiss yet their foreheads rested against each other’s, Yoochun grinned while _________ bit her lower lip, they were still trying to process everything but as soon as they had enough oxygen to reach their brains they went in for another frenzied, mind-blowing kiss, taking the beauty and passion of it all in at the moment.

 

If there’s an art to charming parents, teachers have surely mastered it. They meet with them a lot and they’ve learned tricks to get parents at ease and on their side. Now you won’t have to stress about the inevitable meet-the-parents dinner.

 

“You’re not nervous?” __________ asked as she settled herself inside Yoochun’s car after he picked her up after her last class.

“Why should I be? I’ve already met your parents’ lots of times.” Yoochun replied and inched closer to _________ for a kiss and to put the seatbelt on her.

“Yeah but this is different, it’s our first time to see my parents since we’ve been together as a couple. I’ll officially introduce you as my boyfriend.” _________ replied and watched Yoochun start his car to make their way to her house.

“Your dad loves me.” He said in a matter-of-fact tone.

“As my friend, yes he does. As the guy who is now my lover, maybe not so much.” _________ was iffy that her parents’ outlook on Yoochun’s would change.

“Well can I tell them that your lover makes you very happy and pleases you in every way he can?” He purred and got ________’s hand to caress while he used his other hand to control the wheel.

“That sounds so wrong to inform my parents.” The two of them laughed.

“I’ll do my best so relax. You’re the one making me anxious when you should be giving me a pep talk.”

“We can always run away and elope if there’s the slightest chance that they don’t approve.” _________ suddenly said, surprising Yoochun.

“You’d do that? You’d runaway and get married with me?” He asked and shifted his gaze from the road to look at _________ earnestly. Although he wouldn’t actually let her escape from any problems that the real world brings or take her away from her parents, the thought that _________ would actually sacrifice for him really made him realize how seriously in love they are with each other, because he’d do the same for her. He knows that they’re still young but he’s already sure that she’s the one, the only one he can see himself marrying, having kids with and growing old with…he’s determined to make their loving relationship last forever.

“Like it or not, you will get tied down to me. I plan to have you forever in my life.” She responded and squeezed his hand as a token of affection.

“Oh possessive…I love it.”

“That’s because I love you.” She sincerely replied.

“I love you much more my princess.”  

 

True enough, Yoochun was able to get her parents blessings without any problem.

“Finally!” ________’s mom exclaimed when she heard the news that the two already are together. She’s been waiting for the moment that the two announce their relationship and hopefully a wedding soon.

“If anyone deserves my little ________, it would be you.” _________’s dad placed his trust in Yoochun and was vocal in praising the gentleman that he is.

 

After almost three hours of brain-draining questions, ________ finally finished the exam.

She submitted her paper with the rest and freshened up in the bathroom before walking out of the building.

She beamed when she saw Yoochun coolly leaning against his car, his charm exuded even when he was just standing and waiting for her.

She strode towards him like she hasn’t seen him for so lang. Yoochun showed an equal amount of happiness in his facial expression and with his arms wide open, Yoochun waited for ________ to reach him and hugged her tight as soon as possible before giving her a chaste kiss.

“How was it?” He asked as he got _________’s bag from her and placed it inside the car through the open window.

“I could’ve done better.” She wearily said.

“Aww…baby don’t feel bad. I’m sure you did your best. If you did badly then it just means I was a bad teacher.” He empathized with his girlfriend.

“No no no. You were great. I’m hopeful we’ll be able to reach our target score, I just ran out of time to review my answers.”

“Well I’m proud of you no matter what. Now after feeding your brain, I’ll feed your tummy. Let’s go eat, my treat.” Yoochun opened the passenger door for her.

“Would you also feed my closet?” She tried to push her luck with the use of aegyo.

“Fine, since you worked hard but we’re limiting it to just a bag and a pair of shoes or a whole new outfit, and I get to pick.”

“YAY! Best boyfriend ever!” She rejoiced.

“Says the best girlfriend in the world but tonight though…you’ll feed my hunger for you.” His husky voice still made ________ weak in the knees.

“Would you also let the best girlfriend drive your car?”

“Yeah that’s where I draw my limit you little daredevil. Just let me be your personal chauffer.” He kissed her again before gently guiding her to sit in the passenger seat.

 

“I like a woman who can be good to my mother. I want someone who I can call ‘My woman’ with confidence. Also, if that person is loved by others and if she’s someone that people would be very happy that I’d marry then it’d perfect. When we get married I want her to spend the money I bring home wisely. I would like her to be sensible and good.

 

I’m open to making my relationship public. If I meet someone new I want that person to be someone who I can introduce to my (late) father with confidence - Park Yoochun


 

I honestly enjoy writing these scenarios, gives me that happy heart-warming feeling. I wish I'm able to convery those feelings/emotions to my readers. I hope you like reading them all. 

Just a little tidbit: I loved Yoochun in Rooftop Prince! That show is like one of my favorites! I haven’t started watching his new drama but I saw the trailer and it looked really good.

Kind of got inspiration from the sitcom Nonstop, wherein Tablo (from Epik High) was helping out the girl he liked to learn English.