Chapter 6

Be My Shining Star.

hello! here's an update and i hope you guys will enjoy it actually! Thanks for the increasing subscribers! :) 

 

#################################################

 

 

-Kyuhyun’s pov-

I sighed, kicking the ground while I walked down the road.

There wasn’t any training today but I felt like going to the pool. Just there, maybe I could find something new to do. I reached into my bag, pulling out my glasses and slipping them on.

I tilted my head left to right, and then back again, getting used to it for a while before heading for the road in front of me.

I got on the bus only to see someone familiar yet I don’t seem to know who she was. She was that girl with Hanji, that girl who returned the wallet to me at the café.

I walked around to find a seat but everywhere was pretty filled. I looked at that girl again and this time she smiled at me and waved, tapping the seat beside her. I nodded in acknowledgement before plopping down.

“Hi!” She chirped as she waved at me.

“Hi… what is your name?” I asked, trying to make friends, so things wouldn’t be that awkward.

“Oh! I am Daesun, Park Daesun.” I nodded, smiling.

“I am-“

“I know, you are Cho Kyuhyun.” She giggled before turning to face the window. There was complete silence for a minute or two between the both of us before she said something that made me realise my mistake. A big mistake.

“You hurt her,” She trailed off as she looked ahead, not bothering to take a second glance at me.

“What do you mean?” I turned to look at her, hands clutching my bag tightly.

“About yesterday. She told me all about it. You are her bestfriend, I know who you are to her now. But, You didn’t give her a chance to explain.”

I sighed as I ruffled my hair and closed my eyes. I know I was wrong but i didn’t think I was totally to blame in some way.

“It isn’t my fault.” I retorted, leaning back on the seat, and folding my arms.

“She just left me without saying anything. Nothing.” I said again in a soft voice, looking downwards.

I felt a hand on my arm as I looked up to see Daesun staring back at me.

“You know what? She went through so much more than you can ever think of. Imagine getting knocked down by a car at the age of 9.” She said, and rolled her eyes.

Knocked down by a car? That hit me, hard as always. I could never have imagined my bestfriend going through such pain. Thinking about it, I felt like killing myself. I am a jerk. A complete one.

“She had to go to America for treatment. Her legs weren’t in a good condition back then, and her parents got a divorce. Her mum forbidded her to contact you. And when she did, you moved.” She blurted everything out as I stared, wide eyed as tears threatened to spill.

“I-i..i-…” Nothing came out of my mouth. I couldn’t take this. I was wrong. This is all my fault.

“I know you didn’t know about it, but you should have heard her out at least.” She told me, while patting me on the back lightly.

“This is all my fault,  I should have given her a chance to explain.” I whispered as I stared down at my feet.

“How are her legs now?” I looked up at Daesun who patted my bag in consolation.

“She is fine, having a few relapses once in a while though.” I sighed before standing up and pressing the bell to alight.

I felt terrible. Why did I even misunderstand her like this?

How would she feel? I was the only one she could trust and now I brought it all crashing down on her.

“I am sorry,” I mouthed before tapping my card and alighting the bus with Daesun tagging behind.

“Please don’t let her know that you told me about it.” I reminded Daesun before walking off to the other direction of the pool.

**********************************

 

I walked to the café, getting a drink and all.

Sitting down, I started to reflect on myself. I felt horrible. A jerk, a bastard. I should have given her time to explain. I shouldn’t have flared up.

I stood back up on my feet, and slung my bag over my shoulder. I decided to walk over to the pool. I could probably just watch her from far I guess.

I took a slow stroll before hearing screams and running.

“Hanji!” Someone screamed. I ran over, only to see her in the pool, all struggling. Without thinking, my hands dropped my cup and bag. I found myself running towards the pool and diving in. Not caring much about the white shirt I was clad in. I wanted her to be safe.

I swam up to her, and did the correct procedures in getting her back on the land.

“Hanji!” I shouted as I carried her up from the training pool and putting her down carefully on the floor. All her teammates crowded around in shock and fear.

She was not conscious and that made me even more worried. Her leg injury must have relapsed again, that’s  why causing this to happen.

“Hanji, wake up!” I shouted before inhaling.

I leaned in, pressing my lips on hers quickly as I blowed air into .

“Wake up, please.” I begged before pressing my hands on her chest.

“Wake up.”  I leaned in again.

I lifted my head up to see her coughing out water as her eyes started to flutter open. Her eyes all read as she brought her hands to her head and knocking it in a constant motion. She finally looked around her and when her  gaze met mine, she looked away.

“Hanji,” I touched her arm after hearing Daesun moving the whole team away from us to be alone.

She flinched and turned away.

“I am sorry.” I said softly before turning her to face me by her chin.

“I am sorry.” I said again before I saw tears welling up in her eyes.

I pulled her into a hug as I kneeled on the floor. Her head crashed into my chest as she snuggled in, crying.

“You didn’t  give me a chance to explain.” She mumbled.

“I am sorry, it’s my fault.” I told her again as I enveloped her in my arms again.

*************************************

-Hanji’s pov-

“I can walk by myself, don’t worry.” I told Kyuhyun as we walked out of the hospital together. Yes, my legs did have a relapse again and thank God Kyuhyun was there.

“You always make me worry.” He sighed before holding my arm again.

I let out a laugh before taking a quick glance at his long fingers, gently curled around my arm.

I felt so close to his touch.  It was like a daydream to be back as bestfriends with Kyuhyun.

“Do you want to go anywhere?” He asked as we took a stroll to his car.

“I don’t really know. I just don’t feel like going home…” I trailed off before getting into the car slowly.

“I will take you somewhere then.” He said before getting in and starting the engine as I looked at him In confusion. He laughed while his eyes were focused on the road.

I turned my head, leaning against the cool glass. I closed my eyes, letting the silence take over me.

I heard the car came to a halt as I felt a tap on my shoulder.

“We are here.” I looked around, only to see the beach.

I nodded before getting out of the car .

I walked beside Kyuhyun as we took a short stroll down the shore. Hearing the waves crash gently onto the sand in a constant tune.

The sun was setting and it was beautiful. Orangey sky colour along with birds flying in flocks and into the horizon.

I smiled and took in a deep breath before plopping myself down on the sand and hugging my knees to my chest.

“I guess you like it here.” Kyuhyun spoke finally as he sat down beside me.

“I do.” I replied, looking ahead at the wide sea. I love being at beaches, it makes me feel like things will always be fine whenever I come here.

“Hanji?” I heard kyu’s angelic voice.

“Hmmm?” I mumbled, eyes closed as I let the wind blow against my hair.

“Look at me.” He said, taking my hands in his huge ones.

“What do you want now?” I laughd, fluttering my eyes open. But only to come into sight with a bottle. This bottle, it looked pretty familiar.

“Where did you-“

“This was the beach where we buried this when we were little remember?” He asked before cleaning the sand off the surface of the glass.

I thought for a while before nodding.

That was the bottle. That glass cork bottle that contained our secret on a piece of rolled up scroll. we came to this beach. Each time we came here, we had to find a seashell and put it into the bottle. I remembered everything so clearly now.

I remember sticking my hands into the sand and trying the dig for this bottle while Kyuhyun searched for the seashell.

“Why do we even put seashells in anyways?” I asked as I twisted the cork bottle open. Kyuhyun ran towards me, with a seashell in hand as he plopped down beside me.

“Because the sea is the place where wishes some true. Each seashell has a unique tune from the sea waves.  It’s connected, like a telephone. So if every shell is placed into the bottle, some day, the sea would hear our wishes.” He said in a naive tone as he pushed the shell down the small opening.

He got into a kneeling position before digging a hole again and putting the bottle back in. Patting the sand, he said, “We can only open this 10 years from now.”

“It’s 10 years already, isn’t it?” I asked as I held the bottle in my hands.

“Yeah, more than that.”

I turned to grin at him before twisting that rust old cork cap. Taking out shell by shell. I found that old and crumpled pieces of paper at the bottom.

“There it is.” I beamed before holding it in my hands.

“Wait, you can’t read mine…” Kyuhyun trailed off before snatching the papers over like a little kid.

“Why not?” I asked in confusion as I tried  to get it back.

“Nothing, it’s nothing.”  He pretended to act as if nothing happened. I didn’t buy it.

“Give it to me!”  I yelled playfully before jumping on him trying to get the notes over.  But that was a pretty awkward move.

 

I landed on top of him.

 

###############################################

 

TADA HAHAHA. i hope you guys did enjoy this new chapter. it is so much longer than my previous ones and it will be getting better soon! Please don't be silent readers? :( Leave your comments, i really do appreciate them all. 

 

COMMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!! :)