Chapter 4

Be My Shining Star.

Hi guys! Really so glad to see you all subscribing and it really motivates me to continue on with this story! Anyways, here is an update and i really hope you guys will enjoy it. 

######################################

 

Chapter 4:

 

“Where did you go?” He asked as he released me from his hug. His eyes sparkled from the tears that were forming. Happy tears that should be.

“Kyuhyun?” I asked again before watching him nod over and over. He smiled and blinked as a tear trickled down his right cheek.

“I missed you.” I said with a smile, before his arms enveloped me into a hug again.

Tears filled my own as I snuggled my head into his left shoulder. I found him. It really is him. I found my best friend.

He led me to the slides of the playground as we both settled down, kicking the sands.

“You know, I never thought I would find you again. We all look different now, I almost didn’t recognise you.” He gazed up at the sky as he broke into a smile.

“You looked familiar to me from the start, but I just didn’t have the courage to acknowledge if you were the same Kyuhyun  i knew.” I said softly as I tilted my head back up to stare at the slowly forming stars.

“You kept the keychain.” He spoke again, now turning to face me, the keys clutched in his hands.

I could only smile before taking the keys over in my own hands, tracing the rough sides. Long rusty and corroded but it still stood out has how it  had always been ever since we were kids.

“I kept it too.” He reached into his pants pocket and pulled out a keychain that looked exactly the same as my own.

“I kept it all these while.” He laughed before turning his around and tracing those similar letters that were carved on the back.

How could I ever forget?

Those keychains came in a pair. Keychains that bestfriends would carry around together without feeling ashamed.

That was my birthday gift. His first ever present to me actually.

It came as a pair and I still remembered his words so carefully.

“You are my bestfriend now, Kim Hanji. Happy 8th birthday! This is your present and you must keep it forever and ever. You are just like this star, always shining,” He told me as he dangled the metal keychain that was fastened securely around his index finger in front of my eyes.

It was beautiful, the little diamonds that framed the edges of the star. It was precious.

I remembered how it was my first ever birthday spent with a friend. My first ever bestfriend. Or maybe just someone who considered me as his bestfriend.

Those faint memories of us playing by this abandoned playground. Those times when we would sit by his room window, sipping on hot chocolate filled with fluffy white marshmallows that bobbed up from the steaming hot cocoa. Those times, were the precious memories and those that would never be forgotten.

“Don’t touch her.” He used to be protective. So protective over me, his bestfriend.

The time when I first saw him getting so worked up over something. That was the time when I got pushed around at the playground when I accidentally blocked one of the demanding kid’s way at the long slide.

He used to be really popular, popular in a sense that everyone loved him.

Eye candy of everyone.

I was pretty honoured to be called his bestfriend.

But there was something I have never told him. I liked him.

There came the day that everything I ever built with Kyuhyun shattered in front of my eyes. The day that my parents told me that they were getting a divorce. That was the day I stopped working hard. I stopped my persuit of happiness. Everything seemed almost impossible to me as I realised I no longer have a complete family. I was only 9 back then.

Imagine, how would a 9 year old kid handle such a situation?

I ran out of that house. The house where I thought I could call a home. A home with a complete family.

Dashing across the road, I tripped on a little stone. And just with that, I got hit. So hard that my body flew across the road, landing on that hard concrete pavement.

It was still so clear. The whole process of having to go through all of that therapy. The feeling and the thoughts about it made me feel sick.

I had to go to America for treatment. I didn’t have a chance to say goodbye.

I just woke up one day and I was in America. Like suddenly and I had to go through more operations there for my legs.

I remembered the day when I woke up, finding myself in the hospital when my mother told me that we were staying in America, after my treatment. We were never going back.

The amount of tears that flow. How much I begged her to let me contact Kyuhyun. I hadn’t even a chance to say goodbye or tell him why I was leaving. He didn’t even know what happened.

How was I even called to be his bestfriend? He didn’t deserve me as a bestfriend.

Years later, after searching in discreet, I found his number. I was 12.

I called but someone told me he had moved.

My chance was gone, long gone. I would never find him back.

I didn’t have a chance to say goodbye. I didn’t have a chance to tell him how I felt about him. I was just gone like that.

I blinked, snapping out and back into reality.

As I felt a tear trickle down to the corner of my lip. Salty.

I turned to look at Kyuhyun, who had his head laid on the blue metal pole of the playground railing.

His eyes closed and lips slightly parted.

He must have been so tired, I had been thinking in my own world for so long. It was as if my whole past flashed in front of me.

I turned to face the sky, closing my eyesand clasping my hands together.

“Thank you, thank you for letting us meet again.” I said softly before fluttering my eyes back open and turning to face Kyuhyun who was sleeping so soundly.

His lips, the corners that made it looked so beautiful. His long eye lashes, those that would flutter open in each and every blink in that swift motion.

His cheeks, he was still growing, his slight pimple scars still visible but he looked good still. His jawline, wow. It was almost indescribable.

He was still the same. Gorgeous. Just like the first time I saw him.

“I am so sorry, Kyuhyun.” I whispered before letting another tear fall.

It was still Kyuhyun. That same old Cho Kyuhyun.

 

##################################

I kow i know it's pretty short, but it's progressing! :) 

 

PLEASE DON'T BE SILENT READERS! COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!! :)