Chapter 14

Be My Shining Star.

 

Chapter 14:

 

We touched down in Incheon airport early in the morning. It was pretty cold as winter was almost here and Christmas was a month away.

“Hanji!” I turned around, only to see Sooyeon running towards me. She pulled me into a hug before we could all go our separate ways.

I hugged her back eagerly as I knew I wouldn’t be seeing her in time to come after this mission trip.

She was a really good friend and also someone I could count on, really.

She pulled away, smiling. “I wish you all the best, don’t forget me Hanji.” She grinned, nodding over at Kyuhyun who was talking to some of the friends we made during the trip.

“You are so silly, how could I forget you! We will go out often.” I smiled at her before pulling her into another goodbye hug.

“Are you ready to go?” I heard Kyuhyun say as I pulled away. Smiling at Sooyeon, I entwined my fingers with Kyuhyun’s.

“Goodbye Sooyeon-ssi.” Kyuhyun waved and so did I.

With that, we headed out of the airport.

 

“We will go drop off these bags at your house and go to the doctor’s alright?” Kyuhyun asked as he held my hand.

“There’s no rush for it Kyu,” I kaughed, “I am feeling better now. You should go home to get some sleep.”

“No, it’s not good to delay it, let’s just play safe and go to the doctor’s okay?” He asked again, squeezing my hand.

I nodded, turning to him and pecking him on the cheek.

 

“Mum! I am home!” I shouted the moment I stepped onto the wooden tiled floor.

“Oh sweeteheart!” She beamed, running into the living hall and pulling me into her embrace.

She pulled away when her gaze landed on Kyu.

“Auntie.” He bowed, greeting her.

“Ah, nice to see you again Kyuhyun.” She replied coldly as she walked into the kitchen.

I turned around to look at Kyuhyun, who raised an eyebrow uneasily. I took his hand in mine and it.

“Don’t worry, she will open up to you soon.” I smiled reassuringly, making a mind note that I will talk to her about this issue when I get back.

He nodded, planting a kiss on my forehead.

 

“Miss Kim, please have a seat.” The doctor sitting behind her desk signalled for us two to take a sit. Adjusting her glasses, she took a look at the file in her hands.

“It is said that you are having headaches, and sharp pains in your stomach frequently?” She asked.

I nodded. Kyuhyun spoke before I could add anything else.

“Frequent nose bleed too.” The doctor nodded, scribbling something onto the report.

“You will need to do a scan, Miss Kim. It will be arranged this afternoon.” We thanked the doctor before stepping outside.

I felt my whole body shaking.

I didn’t like the feeling of needing to stay in the hospital waiting for a particular scan or whatsoever.

It makes me feel as if I am awaiting bad news.

“Kyu, what if there are undesirable results after the scan?” I asked, shuddering slightly at the thought.

“Don’t worry, it will be fine.” He leaned forward to press his lips onto mine before pulling back and pulling me into his arms.

_______________________________________________________________

The scan was over and I was asked to go home and come back a few days later for the report.

Maybe things didn’t turn out as bad as I thought it would be, but I guess even if anything happened, it was planned and it’s just fate.

It was just a casual Saturday nights when there wasn’t class or training.

And Kyuhyun was over at my house, just to accompany me, in case I was bored. There he sat, on the bed, flipping through the pages of the magazine that he found lying in my room, somehow.

I was in turn, in a daze.

“Mum?” I knocked on the door of her room, after coming back from the check up and taking a bath.

“Come in!” I hheard her shouted. I pushed the door open, ignoring the creaking noise that it always made.

“What is it dear?” She smiled, looking up from the book that she held in her hands.

“Mum, I wanna talk to you.” I answered, sitting down on the opposite side of her bed.

She nodded, putting down her book and her reading glasses.

“What is it?” She sat up properly, her gaze boring into mine.

“I am dating Kyuhyun.” I smiled, looking on the positive side that maybe she would just feel happy for us. But some part of me just knew that she was not going to be very satisfied with this whole thing.

Her smiling face changed immediately, into a frown.

She slammed the book she held in her hands onto the floor, standing up.

“No, Hanji, you can’t date Kyuhyun.” She snapped.

“Mum, what is it that you have against him?” I asked, on the brink of tears but I had to defend Kyu, he didn’t deserve this.

“You will understand it soon enough,” My mother patted my shoulder before walking out of the room in a huff.

I was confused with her words. Why couldn’t she tell me?

What was there to hide?

Unconsciously, I found myself playing with my fingers as I started into black space.

“Are you alright?” I felt a secure arm around my waist, as he rested his chin on my right shoulder.

“What is it that you are so worried about?” He asked again, kissing my shoulder.

“Kyu, I am not worried.” I turned to look at him from the side, smiling.

“You can tell me, you know.” He released his arm and turned me around on the bed to be facing him.

“You can tell me, I am your boyfriend.” He continued.

“Kyu, I am, I am-…”  I couldn’t continue my words. I just felt so disgustingly freaked out by the actions of my own mother. What did she even have against Kyuhyun?

I placed a hand over my forehead, closing my eyes. I have never felt this vexed. She was my own mother, he was my boyfriend.

I can’t possibly choose one right?

He cupped my face in his hands as his eyes bored into my own.

It was just like chocolate that you can melt in.

Nothing, but love and sincerity.

“You don’t have to say it now, just tell me when you feel like it.” He smiled reassuringly.

I nodded before closing my eyes and leaning forward as my head crashed into his soft chest.

Letting my arms snake around his back, as I rested in his warm embrace. It just felt so right. Warm with love.

His arms found their way around my waist as he planted his lips on my hair.

_________________________________________________

 

 

I woke up to the sun grazing my skin from the bedroom window.

I probably fell asleep on Kyuhyun the previous night.

I was still in my clothes from last night.

I heard tap in the toilet being . Sitting up on my bed, I rubbed my eyes and stood up. I saw the mattress on the ground, realising that Kyuhyun had  stayed over. I broke into a smile as I pushed the mattress into the space under the bed.

Sometimes,, I just felt that Kyuhyun could have easily slept on the bed with me but he didn’t. Choosing to tuck me into bed properly and pulling out the spare mattress from below, it showed that he knew his limits. I don’t know why, but it gave me a sense of security and that he was a good man.

I walked towards the toilet, which the door was left ajar.

Pushing it open, I watched as Kyu washed his face at the sink.

He wiped it clean, standing into posture as he turned and almost got scared out of his wits when he saw me watching.

“What are you doing there, staring at me?” He asked jokingly, covering himself with the towel.

I laughed and ruffled his hair as I walked into the bathroom and pushed him out of it.

“Hey! I was in there first!” I heard him yell. I chuckled before sticking out my tongue and closing the door shut.

I heard his laughter echoing in my ears before turning the tap on to brush my teeth.

I washed my face and did my hair. Slipping out of my clothes, I got into a fresh set.

Unlocking the door and stepping out, Kyuhyun was sprawled on the bed with his eyes closed. Poor boy, he didn’t get a good night’s sleep last night.

I walked to the side of the bed. Bending down, I poked his nose with a finger.

His eyes shot open as he pulled me down onto the bed. Rolling over, he was on top of me, supporting his own weight with his arms on either side of my body.

“Tell me you love me.” He said, with a grin on his face.

“Why must I?” I asked, teasingly.

“If you don’t, I will trap you here.” He smirked before leaning down to peck me on the nose.

“No.” I stated.

“Well, I love you.” He said. And with that few words, it send me blushing hard.

“Oh Kyu.” I laughed, hooking my arms around his neck as I pulled him down. He closed his eyes immediately, knowing that he was in for a kiss.

I almost burst out laughing at his actions but I had to hold it in, in order to continue my prank.

His face was a few centimetres away from my own with his eyes closed.

I just stared at his features, holding in my laughter.

He waited and waited but nothing seem to come into contact with his plump lips as expected.

Peeking with an eye opened, he saw me staring with an amused look on my face.

“What were you doing Kyu?” I asked, teasingly.

“Nothing,” He pretended as he looked away, embarrassed.

“I just pulled you closer to tell you that we are going to be late to meet Sooyeon if we don’t get up now.” I laughed before pushing him off me and standing up to my feet.

“Fine.” He pouted before standing up and holding the door for me to walk out.

___________________________________________________

“You may enter the room now.” The nurse informed me, holding a clipboard in her hand. Today, I was collecting my medical report.

I told Kyuhyun that the date had been altered, so that he wouldn’t tag along like how I knew he would as he was so protective.

I just didn’t want to show him the weaker side of myself if the results didn’t turn out well.

I nodded, and stood up. Clutching my bag, I felt myself shiver.

I sat down on the cushioned chai in front of the doctor’s desk.

“Good morning, Miss Kim,” She greeted before taking the brown envelope placed on her desk.  She removed a report card from inside. Flipping it open, I watched as her eyes flickered over the words. She looked up at me, placing the card down and entwining her own fingers and placing her hands on the desk.

I sat there patiently as I waited for her to open to tell me about the news.

I couldn’t remember much about how I took everything. I just remembered letting out a loud gasp as tears fell immediately. 

 

_________________________________________________________

A/N Hey guys! I am back here with another chapter even though i updated last thursday! I didn't find tht chapter good enough, so here i am writing another one with a hope that you guys will enjoy it more! Please comment and subscribe! It really gives me more motivation to write! 

And, in just a few minutes before i am updating this, it's going to be Donghae's birthday in korea! I am really so happy i really feel like bursting into tears right now bc of all these years i have been watching him grow and alll that, i feel touched to see him so healthy and successful now and with everyone loving him too! Please shower him with love and care and also tweet him happy birthday at @donghae861015 ! Thanks guys!