Chapter 2

Be My Shining Star.

hey guys! wow i was really surprise to see so many subscibers in a day or two and thanks this means alot to me actually. Anyways, here is an update! :) 

#####################################################

 

Chapter 2:

 

Cho Kyuhyun.

How could I have ever forgotten that name? Even after a thousand years, that name would always ring a bell when mentioned.

But those were years back. How and why would he just appear in my life now?

This wasn’t fate, he wasn’t going to be the guy of my dreams like stated in the horoscope book, was he?

“Hanji,  what are you doing?” Daesun’s voice snapped me out of my thoughts as she waved her hands in front of me.

“What?” I asked in amusement as I continued walking, acting like nothing happened.

Kyuhyun was something I could never have told anyone about. It was more than a decade ago. But those things are never forgotten.

“You seemed to have zoned out for a moment when I mentioned his name…” Daesun replied in a soft voice as she caught up with me.

“I am fine, nothing, don’t worry.” I forced a smile.

We got to the pool and yes, if you hadn’t got to know about it yet, I am a swimmer. A swimmer from a certified club and we do go out for competitions.

“Where’s the coach?” I asked, throwing my bag on one of those spectator seats.

“He took his leave today, we have to train ourselves.” The captain answered. I nodded and took out my swimsuit, heading for the toilet to get changed.

“How do you think we should return him the wallet? The address is on the card anyways.” Daesun asked, as she touched my arm.

“Um, we should see-“

“Not again!” Daesun cut me off as I followed her line of sight. It was the same guy, the same one from the bus. The guy by the name of Cho Kyuhyun.

He was in the pool where the water polo guys trained. He was one of them. I swam in this club for almost 5 years and I never for once saw him here.

He was skinny, but muscular at least.

His scrawny black glasses were off and he looked good without it.

“He is actually not that nerdy looking, isn’t he?” I heard my best friend say. In disbelief, I turned to look at her, only to see that slight glint in her eyes.

“And hey! It’s going to be easy for us to return the wallet!” She beamed at me before tagging behind me into the toilet.

 I rolled my eyes before going into a cubicle.

“Have you seen one of those water polo guys?” I heard Saeyoon’s high pitchy voice from outside. What a .

Saeyoon? She was nothing but a complete to everyone. Even those little minions of hers hated her. She was from the other team in our swimming club. They are good, I had to admit, but that doesn’t give them the complete right to treat everyone this way.

I unlocked the door and walked out, only to find Daesun being surrounded by Saeyoon and her few followers.

“Saeyoon, leave her alone.” I said, firm.

“What if I don’t? Your little friend here stepped on my foot.” She retorted back.

“I am sure it wasn’t on purpose.” I responded, trying not to create any fight, but she was just pushing it.

“Ask your whether she did it.” She swung her body around and pulled Daesun by the hair. That triggered it off.

“You do not call her a , let her go.” I tried pulling her wrist but that made her grip on Daesun’s hair even tighter, yanking it harder.

I looked down, and there it was. Her foot, clad in those expensive kind of slippers. Her bright painted toenails peeking out at the top.

I lifted my leg up, stepping on her foot as hard as I could, and grabbing Daesun by the wrist, we ran out of the toilet.

 We ran out of the toilet, their screams and shouts all audible from the female toilet.  I turned around to take a last glimpse at the toilet entrance, but only to find myself crashing hard, into an object. Or should I say, someone.

I felt myself falling as I squeezed my eyes shut, quietly cursing the person who came in my way.

But I never hit the hard ground.

“Hanji! You alright?” Jinhyuk’s voice rang in my ears. I fluttered my heavy eyelids open as I saw Jinhyuk staring back at me with his brown orbs boring into my own.

“Yes yes, thanks.” I smiled as I got back up on my feet.

“Kim Hanji get back- oh jinhyuk oppa…” Saeyoon stopped in her tracks, staring back at Jinhyuk as she did her little bow.

“I am going to be late for training, see you later.” I waved at Jinhyuk before giving a last smirk at Saeyoon.

“Come on,” I grabbed Daesun’s arm as we ran back to the pool for training.

 

************************************************************

 

I was tired and the glazing sun seemed to bee against me today. Despite the cold water, I was still sweating.

“Are you okay?” I asked as I plopped myself down on the chairs at the snack bar.

“I am fine, thanks anyways.” Daesun forced a weak smile.

Training was over and we were now waiting for our food to be served at the snack bar of the complex.

Some chatters could be heard from the entrance of the small café and a group of guys came strolling in.

Water polo guys.

“The wallet!” I remembered the moment I saw that familiar face from the bus earlier on. I got it out from my bag.

To be honest, I don’t actually know if he was the same Kyuhyun I knew so long ago. I don’t even know how he looks like now.

This might not even be him. There are so many Cho Kyuhyuns in the world, right?

There he was among the guys, without his glasses. His hair was wet as he ran a hand through it, shaking it every once in a while.

“We should return this.” I placed in on the table only to see it being snatched over by Daesun.

“I will return it!” She initiated as she stood up and headed  over to the guys.

My heart was beating rather quickly. I am not sure that he was the Kyuhyun that I knew but there might be this slight chance, right?

“Hi…” I heard her say as she tapped his shoulder from the back.

He stood up immediately, smiling meekly at her.

“Yes?” He asked in a soft voice

“You dropped your wallet in the bus earlier on.” She answered as she blushed and pushed her hair back, behind her ears.

“Oh! I remember you, I saw you in the bus earlier on, with…” He turned to look at me.

He smiled at me, nodding his head before turning back to Daesun and taking the wallet back in his own hands.

“Thanks for returning it.” He thanked her with a bow. His eyes flickered over to meet mine again this time before his lips curled to form a smirk.

Daesun blushed as she walked back to me, grinning.

“He is so handsome up close.” She giggled as she nudged me.

I turned around to look at him once more, only to find him staring back at me.

He nodded at me with a smile and waved at me.

There was something about him I couldn’t comprehend. Those little glint in his eyes remained as he stared back at me. Those smiling lips. It was familiar.

 

Is it really you, Cho Kyuhyun?

 

############################################

How was the story! I hope it is going good so far, and thanks for all the comments! Please continue to subscribe and comment! :)