Chapter 12

Be My Shining Star.

 

Chapter 12:

 

“Kyuhyun! Hanji!” Sooyeon shouted from the tap area, dropping the pans in her hands, she started running towards us. I nodded as I closed my eyes. I was exhausted from all the searching and I wasn’t feeling that comfortable right now.

“Kyuhyun oppa, are you alright?!” Sooyeon asked in shock when she noticed his wounds and his bleeding lip.

“Yeah, I am, don’t worry.” He gave a weak smile.

“Come on, I will take you guys to the dinner area.” She then helped me place the bag that hung loosely on my shoulder down on the grass.

I felt as if my head was weighing a ton and my body was about to collapse any moment.

My chest had that same pounding pain at the left side.

I closed my eyes as I stopped in my tracks behind Sooyeon. Pinching the bridge of my nose, I tilted my head to face the sky, sighing.

“Hanji, you alright?” Kyuhyu noticed, stopping beside me and putting a supporting arm around my waist to hold me, just in case I lost my balance.

I nodded weakly before I continued walking with Kyuhyun supporting me by my side.

“Are you sure?” He stopped again when he saw me place a hand on my chest at the sudden pang of pain.

“Yeah Kyu, I am fine.” I smiled, covering up the pain I was suffering in. I didn’t want him to be worrying about me, that’s unnecessary. He had enough problems and pains on his side, I didn’t want to become a burden.

We walked towards the table and the team leader stood up immediately, coming towards my side.

“Are two alright?” He asked in deep concern.

“Yeah, we are really lucky to be safe.” Kyuhyun answered. As for me, my body was failing.

Things started to spin.

My head was pounding and my chest was hurting.

I remembered myself falling but I didn’t hit the ground before I lost consciousness.

I landed in Kyuhyun’s arms.

_____________________________________

I woke up in total silence.

I was in the hut. It was dark and it was long into the night.

I sat up on the bed, a hand supporting my head as I tried to balance my sight.

And that’s when I saw Kyuhyun, he was sleeping on a chair beside my hard mattress. His hand placed on one of my thighs as he slept soundly.

I smiled at the sight before lifting a hand up to his soft hair.

He woke up almost instantly to my touch as he sat back up into a sitting position.

“Hey you are awake.” He smiled before taking one of my hands and enveloping them into the warmth of his own hands.

“What happened?” I asked as I rubbed my left eye, looking at him still.

“You fainted during dinner. You told me you were fine, why did you lie if your chest was hurting?” He asked in a soft voice as his grip on my hand tightened.

“…How did you know-w?” I stuttered. I didn’t say anything about my chest being in pain and all that. How did he find out?

“You fell into my arms, clutching onto your chest, saying ‘it hurts’ as you were half conscious. I was worried.” He stated as he stared back into my eyes.

I looked down as I sat crossed legged on the mattress.

“I am sorry, I didn’t want to be a burden on you after you had suffered so much in finding the herb for my illness.” I replied.

He lifted a hand as he hooked a finger under my chin, lifitn my head up to look at him.

“Silly girl, why would you be a burden?” He smiled before ruffling my hair and pulling me into his arms.

I rested my head on his chest as I breathed in his scent.

“Are you in any pain now?” He asked, looking down at me.

I shook my head, silently as I enjoyed this moment we could have together.

“Oh yes, I forgot. Your medicine is ready. Take it for now and once we get back, I will take you to see a proper doctor.” He pulled away, reaching over to grab the bowl from the table top.

“Careful, it’s still hot.” He said before bring the spoon to his lips as he blew it carefully and gently before taking it to my own lips.

“Ahhhhh,” He imitated as he opened his mouth like a kid.

I laughed before doing the same and letting him place a spoonful of medicine into my mouth.

I coughed immediately as I choked.

I looked at Kyuhyun who patted my back quickly after seeing me coughing.

He looked so concern, so caring. That warmth he had in his eyes, it was just like chocolate.

“It’s so bitter.” I whined as I stuck out my tongue in disgust.

He laughed as he took another spoonful of that horrendous medicine and brought it to my lips again.

I shook my head playfully, moving away from the spoon.

“Come on, take your medicine.” He gave a convincing smile, hoping that I would fall for it.

I shook my head harder as I shifted to the other side of the bed.

“You are so naughty.” He joked before standing up and moving himself onto the mattress, closer to me as he tried to persuade me to take the medication again.

“I don’t want to take it anymore. It taste horrible.” I frowned as I pouted.

He chuckled.

“What kind of medicine would taste good anyways? Come on, take it and I will give you something in return alright.” He smiled that same old smile that I would always fall for each time he did it.

“Don’t smile like that!” I yelled, before pouting at him. His smile dropped before he stared at me with a smirk.

“Why not?”

Oh gosh, why did I say that.

“Nothing, its nothing.”

“Say it.” He teased as he threatened to poke me in the sides. We are still such kids, gosh.

 I shook my head as I started to giggle.

“Okay, you say it, or you eat this.”

I stopped laughing as I glared at him. He chuckled as he urged me with by shrugging his shoulders, holding up a spoon.

He thought I would tell him why I stopped him from smiling like that, but I surprised him by taking in that mouthful of horrible liquid.

Squeezing my eyes shut as the dark brown liquid ran down my throat, leaving  the bitter sensation on my tongue and by the walls of my throat.

“Done,” I smirked at him before turning to lay down on the bed.

He frowned before glaring back at me.

“I know why you told me not to smile like that.” He said, giving his old signature smirk.

“Why?” I raised an eyebrow as I propped myself on my elbow on the mattress to look at him.

“Someone gets smitten by me because I am just too handsome.” He laughed before cupping his own face with his hands as he tilted his face left to right for me to get a closer look.

I rolled my eyes in amusement.

“Oh Kyu, you flatter yourself too much.” I threw my head back in laughter as he pouted in annoyance.

“You should be glad you have such a handsome boyfriend.” He folded his arms as his lips remained in a pout.

“When did I even say you were my boyfriend?” I sat up as I burst out laughing at his embarrassment.

He lips curled to form a frown as he sulked and folded his arms looking away in a joking manner.

He was such a kid.

I didn’t budge, just staring at him and see what he would do next. He slowly turned his head, only to see me looking at him from the side of his eyes.

The moment he saw me, he looked away again.

I laughed as I tapped him on the arm.

He then turned to look at me fully, bending down to my sitting height as he seemed to be examining something on my face.

He unfolded his arms.

And suddenly, he cupped my cheeks with his palms.

Staring into those brown swirls, you could almost forget everything in life.

Everything seemed to be removed on this earth and it was only just me and him. Just, us.

He leaned in, still looking at me expectantly. I squeezed my eyes shut, awaiting for those soft pair of lips to come crashing into mine again.

“What are you doing?” I felt his hands removed from my cheeks. I shot my eyes open as I looked around my room, only to see Kyuhyun sitting back and staring at me with that same smirk plastered on his face.

“Were you thinking I was going to kiss you?” He asked in amusement. My cheeks flushed deep red, and luckily the room was dark and hopefully he couldn’t see it.

He was always so mean and evil.

“So, who said I wasn’t her boyfriend and still, she almost tried to kiss me.” He mocked as he looked at me, almost bursting out in laughter. I looked away, pouting.

“I hate you.” I told him, sighing in defeat.

He started laughing in that low and evil voice before looking back up at me when he finally stopped. He pulled me to his chest before wrapping his arms around my figure slowly, enveloping me into his scent and welcoming me into his warmth.

“I don’t care if you hate me but you are mine.” He chuckled before using a hand to rest my head on his chest before I felt his lips on my hair.

I rested my head on his chest as I closed my eyes. The whole scene iin the forest seemed to replayed itself in my mind again and again.

Although my eyes were closed, I could feel tears coming out of my eyelids.

I turned and snuggled in closer to in chest as I slid my hands around his back, closing the gap between us both.

I sniffed.

“Hanji, are you crying?” He pulled away almost immediately as he placed both hands on my shoulders, looking at me in concern.

I looked away, wiping those little tears off my cheek with the back off my palm.

“I just thought about how scared I was just now when I couldn’t find you in the forest. Do you know how much I was afraid of losing you?” I asked as tears threatened to spill over.

“I was so worried, I didn’t want to regret. I didn’t and I can’t afford to lose you Kyu. Why did you even go into the forest to find that herb, why would you do that for me?” I asked in a soft voice.

“Because I love you,” He replied before leaning in to kiss my tears away.

 

 

############################################  

a/n: hey you guys! I am back with a second chapter of the week! ^^ 

how are your weekends anyways? :) hope you guys are doing great and also coping well with your exams! ^-^ well, i know i promised that i would still update every week although i amm going on semi-hiatus, but this thursday is the start of my exams and it will only end on friday the following week! :( So i won't be updating this coming weekend, so i decided to give a fluffy chapter tonight in return and hopefully you all forgive me for not updating in two weeks to come! 

Love you guys alot, pls continue to subscribe and comment you readers! ^-^ 

See you guys after my exams in two weeks from now! Really hope you guys love this chapter and i hope it will last you till the day i get back here! <3 bye! /waves/

twitter: @leedonghaessi