Chapter 3

Be My Shining Star.

hi guys! Thanks all for subscribing! I really appreciate it! :) Here's an update and i hope you like it! :) 

################################################

 

“That guy is really cute, isn’t he?” Daesun asked as she stepped into my room.

“Who exactly?” I asked in confusion. She broke into a laugh as he eyes curled to form her beautiful eye smile.

“That guy, Cho Kyuhyun.” She smiled again as a pink tinted blush came right up her cheeks.

Cho Kyuhyun.

Daesun had been talking about him so much for the past few days, it seems like my past is back to haunt me. As much as I wanted to find out, it felt so foreign, so distant.

I wanted to know, I wanted to know so badly. 

“Are you coming for the party tonight?” Daesun chirped as she plopped herself down on my bed.

“I guess so, everyone is going to be there right?” I asked as I walked to the wardrobe, pulling out every dress I could find.  Any dress I thought was suitable.

It was the year end party held by the swimming complex and everyone was going. The swimming teams, the water polo teams, the diving teams. All.

“I am so excited!” She exclaimed, pulling out her dress from the bag she brought.

I don’t know what I should actually wear.

“Which?” I asked as I lifted to of my favourites to show Daesun.

The chiffon blue dress that ended mid thighs or the dark red dress?

“The blue one.” She smiled and I nodded, throwing the red dress into the cupboard.

I slipped into the blue dress, straightening it and adjusting the tight fitting tube around my waist.

“You look great.” Daesun smiled at me as she helped me to zip the back of the dress.

“Thanks hun, go try yours now.”

**********************************************

We made our way to where the party was located. It was held at some kind of pub or dance club, I suppose.

I walked in my blue dress, wrapped tightly around my body on this chilly night.

“Come on, they are already here.” Daesun beamed as she dragged me towards all my other teammates.

We walked around and sat down, having some little chat here and there. But after a while, the smoke was starting to make me feel really nauseated.

“I think I will go out for a while.” I told Daesun who was half drunk already.

“Go!” She exclaimed in some giggles as she smiled at me meekly and throwing her hands in the air. I sighed and signalled for someone in the team to come over to keep an eye on her before going out. I couldn’t leave my bestfriend alone.

I inhaled deeply the moment I pushed the door of the exit open. I was on the roof top where it was open and there was ventilation at least.

I strolled towards the edge of the level, resting my tired hands on the railings as I stared down the building, watching cars on the busy night road.

I turned around, leaning my back against the handrail now, as I gazed at the night sky.

There were so many stars and  it was unusual to see something like that.

“It’s beautiful, isn’t it?” A voice startled me.

Turning my head, I saw the same guy from the bus that day. I have yet talked to him and much less know whether he was the same, kyuhyun.

“Yeah it is.” I smiled as I watched more stars slowly appear on this beautiful night sky.

“Why aren’t you inside?” He asked again, eyes still focused on the sky.

“It’s too humid and the smoke, urgh.” I answered, scrunching my face up in disgust.

He pushed his back off the handrail and turned to look at me now.

He was all dressed in a grey blazer and a white shirt on the inside, along with black pants. Plan and simple. Nice and cool.

“Yeah me too,” He smiled at me, his eyes twinkling from the reflection.

“Thanks for returning me my wallet that day,” He spoke again as he looked at me with those brown swirls of chocolate all filled with sincerity.

“You are welcome, don’t worry so much about it.” I laughed it off a little as the tension between his stare was getting pretty intense.

“Yeah, don’t mind me asking, what is your name?”

“Oh yeah I totally forgot. Hi I am-“

“Hey can you come in here for a bit?” A guy came over, smacking him on the back and cutting me off, as he looked away irritated.

Kyuhyun looked at me before smiling apologetically.

“I am so sorry I got to go, I will catch up  with you soon alright?  Nice meeting you anyways.” He said quickly before running into the building with his friend.

“You didn’t even hear my name.” I whispered to myself as I leaned back onto the handrails and faced the sky. You didn’t give me a chance to say it, just like the other time.

This is not you.

You are not Kyuhyun.

Are you?

**************************************
 

I was alone at home, all bored. Turning to the side of the bed, there laid a childhood picture of me and my bestfriend. Or should I say my crush.

“Kyuhyun tell me where have you gone?” I whispered as I clutched the photoframe close to my chest.

“Tell me,” I said again before closing my eyes and letting a tear fall.

I missed him,  he was my bestfriend, the only guy that I could just open up my heart to. Although we were both so little at that time, I knew what I felt for him at least.

I was really sure.

I sighed before getting up and getting changed into a grey hoodie and some pants before slipping my feet into some boots.

I walked out of the house, and towards the lonely, hard concrete road that lead to almost everywhere you can think of.

Strolling down the road on this lonely and cold night, I went left at the turn and headed towards the long abandoned playground.

“I hadn’t been here in years.” I broke out into a smile before settling down on one of the swings that made a constant squeaking noise.

I sat down, slowly pushing myself from the ground, letting it swing freely. I know it’s really dangerous to come to this place alone, at night but I thought it was time to face the past.

“What should I do?” I heard someone’s voice. I snapped my head around, looking at my surroundings. This was creeping me out.

 “Tell me what should I do?” I heard  it again as I turned around, only to see a figure sitting on the playground. He was tall and slim, all clad in a white hoodie and some jeans.

“Hello?” I called out, as I daringly took a step forward.

“Who is that?” He asked in shock, as he quickly got up in a standing position, heading towards me.

“Hey it’s you again.” He spoke, as his face came into sight.

Kyuhyun.

“Hi there, I didn’t know it was you.  Sorry.” I laughed as I tucked my hands into front pockets of my hoodie.

“What are you doing here in the middle of the night, it’s dangerous.” He asked, settling down on the swing beside me.

“You came here too, it’s dangerous.” I retorted back.

“But you are a girl.” He laughed. I sighed before settling back down on the swing.

“I used to play here when I was little, there was so much memories. I thought, it was time to face the past.” I said softly with my head down.

“What about you?” I asked again, trying to change the topic.

“Really? I used to play here too when I was little. Always come here whenever I am troubled. You do know no one ever comes here anymore right?” He spoke as a small chuckled escaped his lips.

I nodded as I kicked the sand beneath me. “It was long abandoned.”

Bending down to tie my shoelaces, my key fell out from my side pocket, landing with a crinkling sound on the ground. Before I could pick it up, he already did.

He watched as his eyes widened when he saw the keychain that dangled beside the keys. He ran his finger down the sides of that old and corroded metal star.

Turning it around in a swift motion as his eyes widen again, tracing those carved letters at the back.

“It’s really you?” He turned to me, wide eyed as he looked at me in shock and some emotions that I couldn’t comprehend.

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“The keychain. You are Hanji, Kim Hanji. Am I right?” He asked as he clutched onto the keychain with his hands tightly.

I nodded, confusedly. What?

“You don’t know how long I have been looking for you,” He broke into a smile before pulling me into a bone-crushing hug.

“Kyuhyun? Is that really you?”

 

###################################
 

I know it's pretty short,, but bear wiith me. The chapters will get longer, i promise!

please comment and subscribe! ^-^