Chapter 19

Be My Shining Star.

 

Chapter 19:

 

Even though right now Kyuhyun was aware of my illness, I still ought to keep it from him that I was making my way down to the doctor’s.

I had already made up my mind that I was not going to take the therapy courses.

I was not going to look weak in front of anyone.

I couldn’t.

I sighed before knocking on the doctor’s office door, and stepping in.

“Good morning, Miss Kim.” The doctor greeted.

I nodded, and smiled, taking a seat in front of her desk.

Staring at me from beneath her scrawny glasses, her lips curved to form a slight frown.

“Miss Kim, are you very sure you won’t take the therapy courses?” She asked. I sighed once more, having a mental battle.

I nodded. “Yes, I have decided.”

“Alright then.” The doctor looked up at me once more before returning to her documents.

“Will you take medications?” She asked, glancing up at me.

I shook my head.

I knew this was the final battle I had to fight, but I knew I would still lose in the end, right? I just wanted to have my last days happy, free from the pain and also heavy dosage of medications.

“Are you sure of this? There’s still a possibility of living on, it’s not all hope’s lost, dear.” The doctor continued, taking one of my hands in her own.  She was a really nice doctor, around my mother’s age.

“Thank you, but I have decided.” She nodded before squeezing my hand and letting go.

“I won’t force you then.” I thanked her once more before standing up.

But I didn’t know why exactly, but my world started to spin.

I just seemed to lose my balance the moment everything around me started to spin.

It was a horrible feeling when I felt a hard pang of pain on my head. I held my head and swallowed hard, hoping the pain would be gone soon. But that didn’t happen, unfortunately.

I fell to the ground, everything blacking out.

 

 

 

I woke up a few hours later. The windows closed and the curtains drawn.

It was dark except for the side lamp that gave off light.

I opened my eyes slowly, adapting to the environment.

The pain in my head was gone, but there was a slight pounding of pain.

I turned to my side weakly, only to find Kyuhyun dozing off, his hand supporting his head.

I smiled to myself, not making any noise.

I couldn’t make out what actually happened back at the doctor’s office earlier.

I mean, I didn’t know how I ended up here.

I remember having so much pain in my head that everything was spin right in front of me, and the last thing I knew was hitting the ground when I heard everyone shouting and calling for my name.

It was horrible.

I shifted in the bed accidentally, waking Kyuhyun up in the process.

“Hey, you are awake.” He said the moment he fluttered his eyes open.

I nodded and smiled, when I felt him taking my right hand in his own, embracing it with warmth.

“I will go call the doctor. How are you feeling?” He asked in concern, lifting a hand and placing it at the side of my face, my cheeks with his thumb.

I smiled at the affection, and shook my head before speaking.

“I am feeling much better now.”

But just before Kyuhyun could go out to call for the doctor’s, she came in just at the moment.

She smiled when she saw me seated up and awake.

“Miss Kim, how are you feeling?” She smiled, writing something on the clipboard she grasped.

“Much better, thank you.”

“We have your report from the earlier scan we did on you after you fainted.” She spoke, placing her clipboard down and taking out another brown envelope.

I sighed, the news might not be anything good.

My grip on Kyuhyun’s hand tightened the moment I heard about the report. He seemed to have sensed my nervousness. He shifted onto my bed, placing a protective arm around my shoulders.

“Don’t be afraid, it’s good news.” The doctor’s lips curled to form a genuine smile the moment she read the report in front of me.

My ears perked up at her words and I stared at her.

What did she mean by good news?

How can there possibly be good news in my situation?

“We did a brain scan earlier, and another check on your blood. Your blood doesn’t seem to be affected by any cancerous cells like stated in the previous check!” She exclaimed, pushing up her glasses.

I gasped and looked at Kyuhyun in shock.

How did this happen?

He was too, in shock as stared at the doctor.

“There were too many cases that patients miraculously defeated the cancerous cells with their own body, Miss Kim. And congrats, you are one of them.” I gasped again in shock, surprised that this realty shocking good news.

Kyuhyun turned to look at me, breaking into his gorgeous smile and shaking me with his hands that were on my shoulders.

He leaned in, kissing my forehead in joy as I cried tears of joy.

This was a miracle.

“But why did I faint earlier on? And my frequent headaches?” I asked, curiously.

The doctor smiled.

“You haven’t been getting much sleep lately, have you?” She asked. I shook my head and she clapped her hands in front of me.

“Aha! That’s the reason, you are weak due to the lack of sleep, and that’s what caused your headache too.” She smiled.

“Anyways, congrats.” She said once more before shaking my hands and walking out of the ward.

Is this a dream?

I was pulled right back from the brink of death!

I turned to Kyuhyun who was silently smiling at himself. I raised an eyebrow before tapping him on the shoulder.

Snapping out of his own daydream, he grinned at me.

Without a single word, he pulled me into his warm embrace.

“I am so thankful that you are fine.” He exhaled and my hair.

“I am too.” This was just like a dream.

It was nearly impossible to be one off those lucky patients who get to actually recover themselves.

Pulling back from the hug, he leaned in slowly, pressing his lips onto my own.

It had been a long time that I could actually kiss Kyu this way, being relaxed and not always tensed up with all my problems.

It was unfair to him all these while too.

“Hey.” I said the moment we pulled away from kissing.

“What is it?” He asked in concern. “Does your head hurt again?” he asked, turning my head left to right.

I laughed, shaking my head at how worried he was getting.

“I am fine.” I shrugged, taking his hands away from my face.

“I just want to apologise that I have been treating you unfairly these days after finding out about my illness. I am sorry from keeping it from you too.” I looked down at the blankets covering my legs.

Placing a finger under my chin, and he tilted my head up to meet his gaze.

“It’s alright now, don’t worry.” He smiled, his gaze warm, just like brown pools of chocolate.

It never failed to calm me down each time I looked at him.

He was always so cheery around me, it makes me feel loved.

And I was just glad that he wanted me back even after all that I have kept from him.

“You know I love you right?” He pulled me into his chest.

I nodded slowly, and blushed.

“I love you too.” I muttered before pecking his nose and sniffing in his scent. It was like magic that this sudden burden was lifted off me.

Just having Kyu right here made everything perfect.

“Hey I got you something.” He stood up from the bed and walked towards the seat to get his bag.

Sitting back down beside me on the ward bed, he pulled out a box from his bag.

I watched his movements. Turning up to meet my gaze, he smiled while taking my right hand and placing a box on my palm.

“Hope you like it.” He smiled, awaiting for me to open up this little gift of his.

I looked at him questioningly.

“What’s the occasion?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Must it always be an occasion just to give my girlfriend a gift?” He retorted, throwing the question back at me.

“Of course not.” I laughed and pushed the lid of the box.

It was a necklace.

Silver and shimmering under the lamp.

It was a silver necklace with a star pendant.

“Like it?” He asked, snapping me out of my daydream.

“Thank you.” I said, turning to him and breaking into a soft smile.

“Thank you for everything you have been doing for me.” I continued, almost breaking back down into tears.

Placing a finger under my chin, again, he turned me to meet his soft gaze.

“Remember when I told you that you will always be shining as bright as a star? That’s when I knew that God wouldn’t take you away from me. He knows that I need you.” He smiled.

“You were placed specially in my life. You are my shining star. The brightest one in the universe. You have done much more for me that I have done for you, so don’t thank me.” He continued.  But this time, my eyes were watering and I didn’t bother stopping the tears.

I knew that he was the one. The correct one that I had been waiting for all these years.

Even when we lost contact, fate will pull us back together, if it’s meant to be.

 

_____________________________________________________________

 

A/N: It's a double update!