Chapter 11

Be My Shining Star.

 Chapter 11:

 

“Where is he?” I asked for the umpteenth time.

“Just tell me please.” I sighed, closing my eyes as I gripped onto Sooyeon’s hand.

“He went into the forest last night to find some medical herbs the doctor said would help with your illness.” She said in a monotone voice.

My legs gave way and I fell to the floor with a thump.

Silly boy.

Why is he doing this for me?

Tears filled my eyes. It’s dangerous, why was he so stupid to this?

______________________________________

I heard knocks on the thick wooden door of my hut. Sitting up almost immediately, I stared at the person who was standing by the doorway.

“Have you found Kyuhyun?” I asked as I tried to stand up weakly.

I felt ill in the morning again, fainting during breakfast.

It was like the illness came and went. I don’t know what was wrong with my body.

I looked at the team leader with every bit of hope I had left.

But he shook his head, looking down.

Kyuhyun had been missing since the previous night. That was what they told me after I begged them to. He hadn’t returned since then.

He has been missing for almost a day.

I couldn’t, I just couldn’t sit and just wait for news to come.

I don’t want to lose him. Never, am I going to let the past repeat itself. I had been lying in bed for almost half the day and no news about Kyuhyun came.

I don’t like the feeling I am having inside of myself. I just had an instinct that something about my dream was very much related.

I dreamt about Kyuhyun slipping down a hill last night and no one found him. I was not going to let that become reality.

I just want him to be well.

Even if I couldn’t have him as someone I loved, or someone who loved me, I just wanted him to be happy, and healthy.

I placed both feet on the floor, standing up with all my strength.

“I am going to look for him myself.” I said in a firm voice as I made my way out of the hut, trying hard to balance myself.

“No Hanji, it’s dangerous.” The team leader called out, touching my arm.

I shook my head, as I stared back up at him.

“Oppa, I can’t just sit around, knowing there is a chance of him being in danger.”

“But it’s dangerous and what if something happens to the both of you?” He grabbed my arm, stopping me again.

“If anything were to happen, I will face it with him.” I faked a  smile before retracting my arm and walked out.

______________________________________________________

I got everything I needed. A few bottles of water and some food.

“Hanji, are you serious about this?” I turned around to see Sooyeon on the verge of tears.

I chuckled, walking over to her and patting her shoulder.

“Yes, I have to do this.”  I smiled before placing anther bottle into my back pack.

“But you aren’t feeling well…” She trailed off, looking down at her feet.

“I am fine,” I faked a smile.

“Don’t lie, you are not. Look how pale you are!” She touched my shoulder, hoping to hold me back.

“Kyuhyun is more important Soo. I can’t possibly sit around, knowing he might be in danger.” I sighed.

“I can go with you.” She stated, looking at me with hope.

I shook my head.

“No Sooyeon, I don’t want us to both be in danger. One is better  than two isn’t it?” I smiled before taking the bag and slinging it over a shoulder.

“I will be fine.” I said before heading towards the forest.

______________________________________________________

 

There was no luck, just hope.

I walked down the forest. Beads of sweat forming on my forehead. It was horribly humid and warm. I couldn’t breathe and  I was feeling even more ill than how I felt earlier on.

I pulled up my sleeve, only to see that black leather watch that clung onto my wrist.

2:37am. I gasped at the time, knowing that I had already been out here for more than 7 hours.

There was no way I could turn back now.

I could only hope for the best.

I walked on, wiping off my sweat with my sleeve.

I don’t know how I felt. The feeling inside of me was exploding. I was on the verge of breaking down.

I shouldn’t have ignored him for the past few days. I have misunderstood him. I should have talked it out and not acted so rashly. What was I doing?

I mentally cursed myself before continue making my way down to the valley I saw.

My illness and the discomfort seemed to be getting worse by the second.

I just couldn’t hold the pain I am having in my chest any longer.

I fell to the hard ground. I could almost hear the cracking of my knee bones. Tears streamed down my face as all the emotions in me seemed to be unleashing itself.

I felt frustrated. I hated myself so much for not actually cherishing him when I had him. Why did I push him away each time when Jongmi was there?

I just sat on the floor as my cries filled the surroundings.

“Kyuhyun, where are you!” I shouted, as I cried even harder. My voice seemed to form a loud echo with the surroundings.

-Kyuhyun’s pov:-

I was walking down to the valley. I needed water to wash my wounds.

I remembered rolling down a hill last night when I slipped. I woke up this morning at the ends of the forest. I had cuts and bruises on my face and arms.

But, I found the herb Hanji needed. I smiled as I took it from that specific plant and placed into my bag pack.

I stood up from where I was, bearing the pain I had on my back. I rolled down the slopes, of course it hurt.

But it was worth it, I found the herb that could cure Hanji. And if that’s all it would take, I would be willing to give it all for her to be healthy and happy again.

Bearing the pain on my legs, I continued down the forest, searching for the valley I saw last night. I was short of water and I needed something to wash my wounds with before going back. I didn’t want to scare anyone and much less make them worried about me.

I heard the gushing sounds of the water running down the valley. I smiled before walking and finding the start of the valley, where all water would be clean and not contaminated.

“Kyuhyun, where are you!” I heard someone yelled my name in frustration.

It was Hanji’s voice. Why is she here? Doesn’t she know it’s dangerous?

I didn’t care that much. Running towards her voice, I found her sitting by the valley alone. Tears streaming down her face as she fell to the ground.

_____________________________________________

-Hanji’s pov:-

“Where are you…” I said in a softer voice as I closed my eyes, tears continued to flow down my cheeks.

“Hanji?” I heard my name. I whipped my head up into the direction from where the voice seemed to be coming from.

Kyu.

I heard the rustling of leaves and there he was. Emerging from the thick and dark bushes as he pushed them out of his way.

He looked at me from far,  eyes widening.

His hair was in a mess, and his clothes were dirty.

Dirt was visible on his face and blood by the side of his lips.

I stood up from my feet immediately, running towards him. I didn’t know what I was doing but I enveloped him into a hug, pulling him down to my height.

He was shocked by my actions but his arms found their way around my waist as he embraced me.

We just stood in each others arms in total silence. This was the kind of silence which showed how much I needed him.

I couldn’t lose him again.

Only the rustling of leaves could be heard and the running of the water down the valley.

I tiptoed, pulling away. Looking in those brown pools of chocolate swirls, I smiled again. I lifted a hand to wipe of the blood by the side of his lips.

“Hanji, why are you here?” He finally spoke as his hand lifted itself up to grab my own that was touching his lips.

“I wanted to know if you were safe. I had a dream that night and I thought you slipped down a slope.” I said as tears welled up in my eyes, staring down at his chest.

“I did.” He said in a firm voice as I turned to look at him in shock.

“Are you hurt anywhere? Are you?” I asked all in panic as I tilted his face left to right, checking the bruises that were visible on his left cheek.

He took my hands and smiled at me.

“I am alright,” He said.

“Why are you so silly? Why did you do this for me? This forest is so dangerous, why did you come in here to look for that stupid herb!?” I shouted in frustration. I was angry with the fact that he didn’t care about his own safety. But I didn’t mean it, I just shouted because I was angry. I wanted him to be safe, I was just to frustrated that he would risk it for me. I paused as I looked back into his eyes that were brawling into mine.

“I…I…- I,” I mumbled as tears fell again.

“Kyu, I was just afraid to lose you. I am sorry.” I blurted out, wiping my tears with the back of my other hand quickly.

“Don’t  say sorry, it’s not your fault.” He spoke calmly as he pulled me into another hug, kissing my hair.

I pulled away once again, as I stared back into those brown orbs.

 “Is it still valid?” I smiled. He looked at me, confusion written all over his face.

“What do you mean?” His hand still clutching mine close to his chest as he spoke.

“What you wrote on the paper, kept in that bottle with seashells. Is it still valid?” I said again, trying to stop the blush from creeping up my cheeks.

He turned away, embarrassed as he thought about what he wrote in that piece of paper back then when we were younger.

“Yes it is,” He answered, blushing.

I broke into a smile before jumping on him, wrapping both my legs around his waist.

He was shocked, of course.

“Good that it is. It better stay that way because that someone in my paper was you. And I don’t want to let another chance slip away. I can’t lose you anymore Kyu.” I smiled, still clinging on him.

His hands held me tight, where I was, so that I didn’t fall.

He stared in my eyes, before his lips curved to form a smile. He understood what I meant. But he was silent, not a single word escaped his lips.

Then, his lips came crashing into my own.

 Soft, puffy and, sweet.

He pulled away not long after, leaving me breathless.

I placed my feet on the floor before staring back up at him. Never in  my life had I ever seen this smile he had.

“Hanji, about the things I said about Jiyeon that day, I just-. I don’t like her at all. I thought about it and I realised it was just something that I misinterpreted. My feelings for her could not have possibly came back. Not when I have someone in mind.” His hands slipped itself around my waist as he stared at me with sincerity.

His lips curved to form a grin before he leaned down to envelope me in his arms again.

I smiled to myself as I inhaled his smell.

“I won’t ever let you go, never again.” He whispered.

 

 

#######################################################

 

Hey you guys! Omg haven't been here for almost a week but i would do as i promised! An update like how i told you guys in the previous chapter! ^-^ I hope you enjoyed the chapter and so lovey dovey isn't it! hehehe  :) 

Anyways, comment and subscribe! Love you all and see you next week! As what i did for my previous story, you can contact me through twitter. my twitter u/n is @leedonghaessi ^-^ see you guys soon! :)