Chapter 10

Be My Shining Star.

 

Chapter 10:

 

-Kyuhyun’s pov-

 

The day had passed rather slowly. It was the evening by now and Hanji had been asleep since the afternoon.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, why don’t you wake Hanji up for some dinner?” The team leader walked towards me at the dinner table, handing me a bowl of porridge.

I nodded, standing up and retracting my hand back from Jongmi’s who was tightly clutched around mine the whole time during dinner.

Sometimes, it’s  really hard to reject Jongmi in her actions, I just don’t want to come off being rude.

But yet, I don’t want to be misleading her in any way when I have someone in mind the whole time.

I pushed the door of the hut Hanji was in, slowly stepping in and removing my shoes.

I walked towards her sleeping figure and sat down by her side.

Watching her being asleep so peacefully was something I have never seen, ever in my life.

She always seemed so cheerful, so talkative and sometimes flustered in a way when she faced problems but I want to be there for her. Always.

And now when she has fallen so ill, I just want to stay by her side, watching over her till she regains her health. I just want her healthy.

Placing the bowl of congee down on the hard mattress, I tapped her on the shoulder.

“Hanji,” I said in a soft whisper, shaking her a little, slowly.

She shook her head, eyebrows furrowing themselves into a frown.

“Oppa, no…” She mumbled, shaking her head once again as her face remained as uneasy like earlier on.

“Please no…” A soft mumble escaped her lips once again.

“Hanji, Hanji!” I shook her awake. She jolted awake suddenly, as her eyes shot themselves open in shock. She bolted up into a sitting position, a hand lifting itself up to wipe the beads of perspiration on her forehead.

“Hanji, are you alright?” I placed both hands on her shoulders, making sure she was alright.

“Oppa…” She looked up to face me, eyes filling themselves with tears to the brim.

“Hey hey what’s wrong?” I cooed as I brushed my fingers down her hair.

She shook her head, biting her lip as she stared down. But out of a sudden, her head came crashing into my chest. Snuggling closer, she started to sob.

I don’t know what came over me, but I wrapped my arms securely over her petite figure.

I don’t know what I was doing, but all I know was that I wanted to protect her. And that’s for sure.

“Are you hungry?” I asked, not wanting to ask further questions about what happened earlier on. She needed time.

She shook her head as she lifted her head from my chest, before resting it on my shoulder.

Her arms slowly and gently made their way on my back. I heard her sigh before speaking again.  “Can we just stay like this for a while?” She asked in a soft voice, sobs still audible even though I couldn’t see her face.

I nodded before running a hand down her back to soothe her down.

I decided to remain quiet, just staying like that.

Although we weren’t a couple or what so ever, I just hoped that she liked my company and I just wanted her to feel better.

If only we could just stay like that forever.

 

It was only  after ten minutes that we stayed like that in complete silence I thought she fell back asleep.

I pulled away slowly, supporting her body weight with my arms. And that’s when I saw that dark red liquid slowly dripping down onto my hands.

Her nose was bleeding again.

“Hanji!” I shook her, slowly lying her down onto the bed.

I grabbed tissues and wiped her nose clean and anywhere else that had blood.

“Hanji, wake up!” I shouted again as I threw the soiled tissues into the dustbin.

She did not respond to me. Panic filled my body as I dashed out of the hut, searching for help.

Please be fine.

****************************

 

It was 11:30pm at night and I was beginning my search for that particular plant and liquid she needed.

Earlier on, we had found a doctor who lived among this poorer people in the village side.

She was not certified but she knew the basics about healthcare and all that.

She informed us that in their village, they didn’t have much medicines in stock to cure these sick patients, resulting the high amount of deaths. But Hanji’s situation was serious.

Even though it wasn’t medically certified that she was suffering from any illness, the lady doctor still told us that she needed medication quick enough or her condition would worsen.

We could not send her back to Korea as it would take a long time and she needed help almost immediately. There was no time.

 “There’s only one cure. And she can’t wait any longer.”  The lady doctor said.

And now I was making my way down the forest of the village, searching for that specific plant that could treat Hanji for the time being.

“Kyuhyun-ssi, it’s dangerous.”

“Kyuhyun-ssi, don’t do this.”

“Kyuhyun oppa, why are you doing this for Hanji-ssi?”

All those constant reminders not to go into the forest at this hour kept repeating themselves in my head.

There was no time. The doctor said.

I won’t just sit around, knowing that Hanji’s in great danger.

I had to do something, I needed to.

Why am I doing this for Hanji? Jongmi’s words replayed themselves in my mind.

Because I love her.

***************************

I continued to make my way down the forest, occasionally getting bites here and there, but I had to find that plant.

“You can find it down the ends of the forest.”

I continued walking, nearly slipping on the muddy ground that was covered in leaves.

I rolled up my sleeve, checking the time on my watch the clung tightly onto my wrist.

3:27am.

It stated. I couldn’t find the ends of this forest.

I know it’s going to be hard finding it but, I had to.

I continued my way down the hilly parts of the forest. Slopes could be seen anywhere.

I looked ahead, finally finding that the end of the forest. The end which means no one could go any further. It was near yet so far. But I will get it, and bring it back.

At thought of Hanji getting well and being healthy and her cheerful self again, I smiled.

And just with a single slip down one of the steep slopes…

*******************

-Hanji’s pov:-

My eyes shot open, as I flung my body forward into a sitting position on the hard mattress.

I took in deep breaths, sweat trickling down my cheeks to my chin. Dripping onto my thighs.

I felt tears coming.

That dream was horrid. Simply horrid.

I looked around the room, it was pitch black, except from the only light source which was the small window of the hut.

I stood up from the bed, legs all jelly as I made my way out quietly. I felt better, better than how I was in the evening.

I plopped down onto the hard grassy ground.

The sky was bright.

I just remembered myself slipping into another round of unconsciousness as everyone shouted and yelled at me to wake up but my eyes just didn’t seem to co-operate.

I walked down the patch of grass, taking in the freshness of the air. It was around 7 in the morning and it was getting pretty cold.

I closed my eyes, that same dream I had earlier on was reliving itself in my head again.

“Kyuhyun.” I said to myself, as I stood up, making my way down to the huts.

I wanted to know if he was fine. I just wanted  to know if everything was fine.

Everyone should be still asleep by now, since today we were not going to do any labour work. Just visiting the kids in the orphanage, we could sleep in.

I walked towards the door of his hut. I just wanted to know. I knew he was in there.

I closed my eyes, taking in a deep breath, I pushed the door open, only to see one sleeping figure.

Slowly taking steps in, I pulled the blanket off. It wasn’t Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun wasn’t there. He wasn’t anywhere within my reach. Where was he?

I don’t want to accept the fact that my dream was becoming reality.

I just want to know if he was safe, wherever he was.

######################################
 

hey guys! Here's the second update i am making this weekend. Thanks for the new subscribers and new comments! I know this chapter isn't as long as the rest but i hope it satisfy you guys still! See you guys next week! ^-^

CONTINUE TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! :)