Chapter 7

Be My Shining Star.

 

Chapter 7:

Well that was really a wrong and awkward move I made. I shouldn’t have done that, neither would I have landed myself in such a plot now.

 

I was lying on top of him on the sandy floor of the beach. It was really really awkward in some way though.

 

When I fluttered my eyes open, I regretted it almost immediately.

 

He was staring back at me. Those brown orbs seem to have that same effect on me every single time. My heart was fluttering like crazy on the inside, almost jumping out any second.

 

There he was, staring at me, our faces just inches apart.

 

I couldn’t actually stare in his eyes for long, it made things even more awkward than how it already was.

 

“Oh um, I am so sorry!” I quickly tried standing up, and avoiding his stare at me. He got back up in a sitting position while I sat back down beside him. I could feel his eyes boring into my skin.

 

“Oh um, kyu?” I called out, trying to turn his whole attention away from me.

 

“Yeah?” He answered almost immediately.

 

“Why don’t we open the notes together?  It’s more than 10 years, isn’t it?” I giggled while I took the bottle that was securely fastened in his hands.

 

I could feel him staring again while I reached in for the crumpled pieces of paper. I couldn’t actually remember what I wrote that time when I was younger, but I wanted to find out about it myself too.

 

“Fine, I will open yours.”  He smirked before snatching the bright pink one from my hands.

 

“Hmmm, lets see.” He unscrolled the note, as I leaned over to see what I have written back then.

 

And there is was. All in that same neat and huge handwriting I had when I was younger.

 

I want to marry someone in the future, just that certain someone.

 

And then it came into my mind, straight and direct. The memories of me writing this came back. I was actually talking about Kyuhyun but I was afraid he might open it somehow so I wrote it in a way that he wouldn’t know I was referring to him.

 

I giggled to myself while Kyu stared at me, clutching the note in his hands.

 

“Who is the certain someone?” He asked, in a soft voice.

 

“It’s just someone.” I continued giggling as Kyu stared back at the note.

 

He shook his head and looked down.

 

What was wrong?

 

“Kyu? I am going to open yours now!” I exclaimed before pulling it out of the bottle and unscrolled it.

But before that unruly handwriting of his came in view, he grabbed my hands in his.

 

“I think it’s better not seeing it.” He stated in a firm voice.

 

“Why not?” I asked curiously.

 

“It’s just- …” Before he could continue on, I unscrolled the paper and there it wrote. Kyu stared at me again, waiting for my reaction to come.

 

I like Hanji. Kim Hanji. I must marry her when I grow up.

 

I was shock. It just came so suddenly. I hadn’t realised it when we were young. I never knew he had feelings for me. I just knew I had it for him and it was one sided. That was what I thought this whole while.

 

“Just forget what I wrote in there, it was back in the past.” He laughed it off as he looked up to face me.

His laughter, it came off so, fake.

 

I laughed too, trying to cover up how I was feeling. I felt so mislead. I wanted him to have told me how he felt about me. And now that he told me it was all in the past, I felt that it was a great regret.

 

Why did he only tell me now? Or should it be why did I only found out now?

 

**********************************************************************

 

 

“Hanji!” I twirled around on my heels to where the sound came from.

 

I saw Kyuhyun running towards me, as I stood at the bus stop with a few bags in my hands.

 

“Are you going to the pool?” He asked, stopping in his tracks beside me, panting.

 

“Yeah I am,” I smiled when he stretched out a hand, reaching for the bags in my own. He nodded as he looked up at me, giving a wide smile.

 

The way his eyes potrayed themselves. Wow, that feeling of just watching them blink was like, so amazing.  He looked ahead, watching as all the cars passed by the busy road.

 

His nose, it was so beautifully pointed out. And his skin tone and complexion was one that I as a girl had always been jealous of.

 

Snapping out of my thoughts, I heard that same chuckle.  I whipped my head around, only to see Kyuhyun laughing.

 

“What so funny?” I asked, with a confused look plastered on my face.

 

“Were you daydreaming?” He asked in return as he continued laughing.

 

I felt my cheeks burning up with passion as I looked away in embarrassment.

 

“Don’t worry, it’s cute actually.” I heard him say in quiet tone, but I guess it wasn’t meant for me to hear. But I did still.

 

“What did you say?” I turned to him, teasing.

 

“Huh? Um nothing, I said nothing.” He replied in a shock tone as he looked down at me.

 

“I am really sure I heard something.” I raised an eyebrow at him, waiting for him to admit it himself.

 

“I told you nothing!” He laughed as he walked up the bus that stopped in front of us. I laughed to myself before boarding and tapping my card.

 

Sigh, this boy…

 

*******************************************************************

 

“What are you thinking about?” Daesun asked as she walked out of my bathroom.

 

“Nothing much,” I answered, kicking my shoes off as I laid on the bed.

 

“I really find that Kyuhyun guy cute, you know. I actually think I like him.” She spoke all of a sudden, sitting down by the corner of my bed. I shot up into a sitting position almost immediately as I stared at her, shocked.

 

I liked him too…

 

“What-t did you say?” I asked in a shocked tone, almost startling her.

 

“I said I found your bestfriend, Kyuhyun, cute okay. Maybe you could match us up together!” She giggled, placing an arm on her thigh as she rested her chin on her palm.

 

If she liked him then, I should give him up, afterall he is still my bestfriend, isn’t it?

 

****************************************************************

 

I walked out of school, all soaked to the skin as it was raining pretty heavily. I continued walking before I saw a car honking at me by the side lane.

 

The windows lowered and there he was, sitting in the driver’s seat and waving at me.

 

“Get in!” He shouted.

 

I nodded and got in, shivering a little as I sat down, feeling the aircon.

 

“Come, take this.” He threw me a thick blue coat and switched off the aircons.

 

“Why were you walking in the rain?” He reprimanded, braking the car at a traffic light.

 

“I-I, I…”  Before I could answer, I sneezed.

 

“I had work to do at home, and it’s due tomorrow.” I sighed before turning to look out of the window, snuggling closer into the jacket.

 

“You need to take care of yourself and not always think about work, think about yourself sometimes…” He mumbled , eyes focused on the road in front.

 

“I will, it’s just that I needed time to complete that project on the new product we are working on.” I answered softly as I looked out of the side window, staring at the birds that flew in flocks across the sky.

 

“Aish, you need to care more about your health sometimes,” He said as he pulled to a sheltered carpark. He opened the car door in a swift, stepping out and walking towards the boot.

 

“What are you doing?” I asked as I followed him out of the car.

 

“I am taking you somewhere.” He said firmly, as he handed me a box.

 

“Get changed.” He smiled before pointing towards the entrance of the building.

 

“But-…”

 

“No buts, just enjoy yourself today with me.” He pushed me towards the building, as he chuckled.

 

“Fine, you are going to do the work for me okay.” I retorted as I laughed too, walking towards the building myself.

 

I walked into the toilet of the building and wow, it was so nicely furnished. The mirrors were framed with gold, real gold. And each door was carved with a beautiful shade of rich wood.

 

I stared at the hug mirror in front of me, placing the box down on the sink.

 

I looked down at the box, wow. I hadn’t notice how beautiful the packaging was. The box was white, tipped with gold at the corners. And there were pictures of flowers on the cover.

 

I saw my name printed on the side of the box, in a cursive font.

 

I pulled the cover off, only to see the most beautiful dress that could ever exist on this earth.

 

“Wow,” I said to myself as I took the dress out of the box carefully, and holding up to get a better view of it.

 

The dress was white, and it ended mid-thighs. It had really thin straps that was almost unseen. The bottom flared out a little. In the box, there was still a pair of heels, blue heels.

 

I walked into the toilet, locking the door behind me and slipping into the dress.

 

The dress seemed to have hugged my body perfectly and it was just right. The waist measurement was perfect.

 

I walked out, only to see my reflection.

 

I stared at myself in awe, until I realised he was still waiting on the outside of the building. I quickly got into the pair of heels carefully. Grabbing the box behind me, I stepped out of the toilet.

 

“Why is he even making me wear such clothes anyways.” I murmured as I straightened the dress once more and walked towards his car.

 

He was leaning on the side of the car door, arms folded and eyes closed.  I broke into a smile as I watched him from far as I walked. And that was when I actually realised that he was dressed pretty differently today. Different from the other days when we would just go out casually.

 

He was clad in a dark blue blazer and a white shirt on the inside.

 

He looked quite formal though.

 

“Where are we going?” I asked, reaching his side, and tapping him on the shoulder, awaking him up.

 

“Oh, you are done-…” He stopped abruptly, as he widened his eyes and looked at me from head to toe.

 

“What?” I shrugged my shoulders, raising an eyebrow.

 

“You look-k… beautiful.” He stated, looking back up to meet my gaze, he smiled.

 

I felt heat rising up my cheeks as I turned away, blushing. “Thank you,”

 

“Let’s go,” He opened the car door, waiting for me to get in before shutting it gently and walking over to his side.

 

*****************************************************

 

“Are you going to tell me where are we going?” I grumbled as I rested my head on the window,  staring out at the moving trees.

 

“Nope.” He simply replied, turning to face me with a grin plastered on his face.

 

“What’s the occasion anyways,” I sighed before folding my arms and pouting.

 

 

 

“We are here already,” I stepped out of the car as kyuhyun came to get me.

 

“Look,” I shifted my gaze, following his finger.

 

It was a restaurant, in the open air where you can actually gaze at stars. We walked side by side into the restaurant entrance after the car click locked.
 

“Cho Kyuhyun.” Kyu told the lady at the counter. She nodded, calling a waiter over as he led us into the restaurant.

 

“What are we doing at such a posh restaurant?” I asked in a confuse tone after taking a seat.

 

I watched as Kyu thanked the waiter for the menu, ignoring my question as he smiled at me before turning his gaze back to the menu in front of him.

 

“Kyuuuu, I have work to do at home…” I called out again, whining.

 

“Would you stop thinking about work the whole time?” He shot back, shocking me at the same time as his gaze seemed to be so piercing hard.

 

“Do you even remember the occasion today?” He asked again, now putting down the menu.

 

“I-I, it’s just a regular Tuesday, Kyu. What’s wrong?”

 

“What’s the date?” He folded his arms and looked at me, almost frowning.

 

I raised an eyebrow, lifting my hands up to count the dates with my long fingers.

 

“Fourth, fifth, sixth, seven. Seven. Today’s the 7th of October, Kyu.” I answered simply. “Wait, it’s my birthday!” I exclaimed, slapping a hand over my lips after realisation.

 

“How could you even forget that?” He asked, lips curling to form a frown again.

 

“I was cropped up with a lot of work this whole week.” I sighed before closing my eyes, and mentally cursing myself for forgetting.

 

“You are always like that,”  I heard Kyuhyun sigh in disappointment, before sitting up straight and straightening his blazer.

 

He interlocked his fingers and placed both hands on the table.

 

“You need to learn to put work down sometimes, and care more about yourself.” He reached out to take my hands in his.

 

I nodded, looking down at my thighs.

 

“Come on, cheer up, we will celebrate  what’s left of today together alright?” He smiled before letting go of my hands and waving to the waiter to take our orders.

 

I broke into a smile before taking the menu and shifting my gaze to the tiny words printed on them.

 

*************************************************************************

 

“Tonight was really fun, thank you.” I told him as we walked down the beach that was beside the restaurant. I held my heels in my hands, walking barefooted.

 

“I’m glad you enjoyed it.” He stopped in his tracks, shifting his gaze from the sand to meet my own.

 

He turned me by my shoulders to face him, smiling as he leaned down to envelope me in those arms again.

 

“Happy birthday Hanji,” He whispered before pulling away and taking my hands in his, placing a little box in my palm.

 

I looked up at him, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Open it.” He spoke in a gentle voice, as he smiled at me.

 

I nodded before, lifting up the lid of the box, only to see a necklace that dangled from it.

 

It was silver, and there was a star. A star pendant that hung at the end. The star was shining so brightly, reflecting the light from the lamppost behind me.

 

“It’s beautiful. Kyu, thank you.” I smiled before grabbing him by his waist and crashing my face against his chest.

 

“Thank you.” I whispered.

 

****************************************************************************************

 

-Kyuhyun’s pov-

 

 

I waited outside the gates of the swimming complex, alone.

 

We had plan for lunch together in the afternoon, right after her training. I had ended mine half an hour earlier so I decided to wait for her instead of actually meeting her at the venue itself.

 

I heard talking and shuffling of feets before Hanji and her whole team walked out of the gates. She stopped in her tracks the moment her gaze met mine. She smiled and walked towards me.

 

“I thought we were meeting there.” She stated as she looked  at me confuse, yet smiling.

 

“I thought we could go there together, so I waited.” I beamed at her before kicking off from the wall I had been leaning on.

 

“Guys, I will take a leave first?” She shouted at the rest, before waving and dragging me off by my wrist.

 

 

 

We sat down by the tables outside the café, where there was air ventilation.

 

“Did you wait for long earlier on?” She asked, taking a sip of her drink.

 

“Just ten minutes or  so.” I stated, smiling as I shook my head.

 

Just then, there was a whole group of people dressed in white, all of them holding a stack of flyers in hand. They came towards our table, handing me a flyer from that stack.

 

“Hi! We are from DaeSuk orphanage association And we are hosting an event to Nepal to help more kids. We are looking for people who would like to come with us on this meaningful trip. Are you guys interested?”  A girl from the group told us.

 

I looked at Hanji, who seemed to be really really interested in the event as she stared at the brochure.

 

“I would like to join it.” She leaned over the table as she told me in a whisper.

 

“We could go together.”  I smiled before handing the brochure back to the person.

 

“We will join.” I stated, smiling.

 

The girl smiled and the whole group of people cheered, bowing at us.

 

“Thank you for supporting! Please come and attend our briefing sessions in a few days!” She chirped before bowing and moving on to the next table.

 

I looked at Hanji, who was grinning from ear to ear at me.

 

“I am really excited.” She said, giggling.

 

I broke into a wide smile as soon as I saw her this happy.

 

“The breaks are coming and yeah we could use the time to do something meaningful you know.” She said again, taking another sip of her drink.

 

“That was what I was thinking about too, but don’t you have training and that upcoming competition?” 

 

“It’s a month later, I can participate in it after I return home.”

 

I nodded before stabbing a piece of meat with my fork and stuffing it into my mouth.

 

 

 

#########################################################

 

Hey guys! Here's a really reallyy long update for all of you! Really hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Anyways, i will be going on hiatus on writing for almost a month or so. Gonna miss all of you so much, but there's nothing i can do. I have my end of year papers and lots of studying to do for that. Lots to catch up on.

So i really do hope this long chapter will make it up for my long leave from aff. I won't have the time to write anymore durngo this time but i will still read. I can't imagine going a month without reading though! hehehe, link me your stories if you want! ^_^ 

Don't worry! I won't give up on my stories and i will deffinately be back! Anyways, there is a new poster for my story! Take a look at it! (cr: Fitria)

Anyways, goodbye for now! Please continue to comment and subscribe! I willl continue to read them! *bows*