Chapter 1

Be My Shining Star.

Hey everyone! here's the first chapter of my new fanfic! I hope you guys like it! 

##########################################

 

 

Chapter 1:

 

Lying on the thick white covers of my fluffy warm bed, gazing at the ceiling with that thick, torn and tattered book securely fastened in my hands.

I flipped the pages in between my fingers, taking a small peek at what the day holds for me.

You will meet the guy of your dreams today.

There it stated, firm.  My lips curled to form a wide smile. This was going to be a great day.

“Come out for your breakfast, dear!” There, my mum shouted from the living room, followed by loud pounding noises on my wooden door. I sighed and  stood up, bending down in a swift motion and throwing the sling bag that laid on the floor over my shoulder.

I looked at myself in the mirror once more before grabbing my sports bag and heading out of the door.

“Hanji! I said come down for breakfast quick!” Her high voice threatened to burst my eardrums any second.

“Coming!” I shouted in annoyance, groaning as I dragged myself down the stairs.

“What is taking you so long!” She complained, as I settled myself down on a chair and grabbing the milk carton from the table end and horoscope book in my other hand.

“Why are you still reading this?” She snatched the book from my hands and turned around, tossing it straight into the trash can by the side.

“Mum!” I groaned, getting up from the chair and picking it up from the trash.

“You need to stop believing in all these horoscopes nonsense. How old are you? Twenty! Twenty! Stop all your childish acts!” She sighed, rubbing her temples.

“Yes mum yes, I will. But for now, I am going to be late, so I will see your later alright?” I smiled, standing up and leaving her with a kiss on the cheek before grabbing my bags.

I heard her sigh in great annoyance before waving to me as I shut the door.

I slipped into my shoes, before lacing them up neatly and bouncing off from the sidewalk and off to lessons for the day.

I was a university student, so as much as I didn’t want to disappoint my parents, I had to do this. I worked really hard to get in here, it wasn’t easy but I did it.

 I walked into the huge gates of the university before hearing the loud and alarming bells for the day go off. I sighed before walking towards the lecture hall.

“Hey Hanji!” Someone called out from behind and I felt an arm over my shoulders.

“Must you do this everytime Jinhyuk?” He chuckled before pouting.

“Come on, we are going to be late already.” He smiled before dragging me towards the hall.

We walked into the nearly packed lecture hall as the teacher strolled in right after we did. Slipping into a seat at the back with Jinhyuk, I took out my notes and a pen.

*************************************************

“Daesun…”  I groaned as I stood outside the other lecture hall opposite mine as i waited for my bestfriend who was packing up her notes from lecture earlier on.

“Done! Lets go.” She smiled at me before linking her arms with mine and heading out towards the bus stop.

“Where is Jinhyuk?” She asked, eyes darting left to right looking for him.

“Oh, he went off first, his duties started earlier today.” I answered, as I swinged my sports bag in a hand.

I got my horoscope book out and flipped to today’s page to show Daesun about it. I was really curious to whom I would meet today actually.

“Look,” I nudged her sides and she grabbed the book over and stared at the page for a long time before turning to me, grinning as we boarded the bus.

We got into a seat for two, her on the inside and me on the outside.

The bus moved on and we heard someone banging on the sides of our bus.

“Look!” Daesun exclaimed, hitting me in my thigh with her fist and pointing to a guy who was running after the bus as she watched in amusement.

The bus came to a halt at the next bus stop and it was rather surprising that he ran all the way from a bus stop to the next though.

He walked up the stairs with heavy footsteps and his loud panting was audible.

He was clad in a white polo shirt, and some jeans. Hair all ruffled and messed up, but it looked soft and brown. His eyes were framed behind some geek glasses but he looked fine. Not like any usual nerd  you can find but he looks decent at least.

And he looks rather familiar.

“He looks like a loser, don’t you think?” She laughed as I watched him intently.

The bus began moving again and at the next stop, he decided to helpan old lady bring her  grocery bags down the bus.  But it was pretty sad for him, the bus moved on without him though.

We watched as he chased the bus and that brought Daesun into a huge fits of laughter again.

“It’s our stop.” I murmured, standing onto my feet and trying to regain my balance as I walked towards the doors of the bus but ended up almost tripping over something. I turned around, only to find a thick, torn and tattered wallet that laid on the hard floor of the bus.

I bent down to pick it up, tracing the torn sides of the leather with my thin fingers.

“What’s that?” Daesun asked as we alighted from the bus and walked towards the swimming complex.

“Someone dropped his wallet.” I raised an eyebrow before opening the heavy wallet only to see a familiar face on the identification card. It was the guy who chased the bus.

What a coincidence.

“Are you fated with him or what?” Daesun smirked before snatching it over and running her slender finger over the picture printed on the card.

And then it hit me. Fated?

Was he the guy of my dreams I was going to meet today?

“How are you planning to return this though?” Daesun asked, snapping me out of my daydream.

“I don’t know too…” I mumbled.

“What is his name?” I asked as I turned to look at her.

“Wait,” She murmured as she dug out his identification card again from the huge stack of cards he owned.

“What a unique name he has.” She said in a sacarstic tone.

“Cho Kyuhyun.” She said in a soft voice when I turned to stare at her, demanding for the name.

What? Was it really him?

 

Cho Kyuhyun.

 

#####################################

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! :) Please comment and subscribe! :)