Chapter 5

Be My Shining Star.

Hey guys! I am back with a chapter! thanks for subscribing! :)

 

############################################

 

Chapter 5:

I fluttered my eyes open, allowing my eyes to get use to the bright sunlight rays that shone directly at me. I sighed, as I looked around, only to find myself at the playground. Alone.

“I fell asleep here?” I asked myself in amusement.

For a moment, I really thought that everything that happened last night was just a dream. It was so sweet. Nothing could ever have gone so well for me.

Kyuhyyun wasn’t here anymore. He was nowhere in sight. I stood up, straightening my top as I ran a hand down my long brown hair. I pulled off the hoodie that hugged around my body so tightly.

“Hanji!” I heard my name. Turning around in a swift motion, I saw Kyuhyun running towards me. He still had those lips curled into that same smile.

“You are awake,” He stopped in  front of me, panting and holding up a plastic bag.

“I got you breakfast.” He spoke again.

“Thank you, you slept here too?” I laughed a  little as I watched him settle down on the swing.

“Yeah, we both did.” He chuckled before tucking his hands into his pocket.

I opened the bag, and wow. That scent of muffins filled my nostrils. It smelled so familiar. I remembered this smell.  And then it hit me, I opened my mouth in shock to ask Kyuhyun about it, but he cut me off before I could say anything.

 “I know I know, it’s the same muffins from the last time.” He smiled as he crossed his arms.

“I didn’t expect you to remember…” I trailed off as I sat back down beside him on the swings and took out one of the chocolate chip muffins for a taste.

I haven’t tasted these in years. A decade or more.

“How would I forget?”  He said in a soft voice, almost impossible for me to hear, but I did.

“Thank you.” I mumbled before chewing on the muffin. That same taste. The cake was still as soft, so fluffy that it seemed to be bouncy around in your mouth as you chewed.

“Didn’t you get some for yourself?” I asked as I turned to look at him. He was smiling at me as he watched me eat the whole time.

“I ate some earlier on. I didn’t want to wake you up,” He told me as he broke into a smile  again.

He really needs to stop smiling like that. It actually gives me a weird feeling on the inside.

I crushed the bag and tossed it into the trash can by the sand.

I stood up, getting ready to go as I felt a hand curl around my wrist, forming a grip around it.

“Hanji?” I heard that same voice that could always sweep me off my feet each time he called my name.

“Yeah?” I turned around to face him as he stood up and brushed his shoes.

“Tell me, where did you go for the past 10 years? Why didn’t you tell me anything about it?” He asked quietly as he gazed into my own eyes.

“Kyu… i-i…” I murmured as I took a step back, wriggling my hands out of his grip. It was getting really painful as his hands tightened their grip on me by the second.

“I knew it,” I heard him speak to himself.

“What do you mean?”  I took a step forward as I touched his arm gently.

“You never treated me as your bestfriend, did you? If you did, you would have at least said a goodbye. You left me hanging there for years, waiting and thinking about what I have done wrong to lose my bestfriend. Or maybe someone who I thought was my bestfriend.” He blurted it all out at once, and flinching his arm away from my touch.

“Kyu, listen to me, let me explain.” I tried to tell him but it wasn’t working.

“Enough, I really thought you cared.” I heard him sigh before he turned around on his heels and walked off.

“You never heard my explanation…” I said to myself as I sat on the sand,  tears feeling themselves to the brim.

Why are you always like that?

 

-Kyuhyun’s pov-

I walked back home in a huff, away from the playground. I know I shouldn’t have flared up at her. I know, it was my fault.

I just-

I just couldn’t control myself.

My temper had been always like since that time when she left without bidding goodbye. I woke up one day when I was young, being excited because it was my birthday. My birthday that I had planned with Hanji.  The one that we would actually celebrate it together, at my party.

I waited by the door of my house. Watching as all the little kids strolled in one by one, handing me their presents and wishing me a happy birthday. But there was one person I was looking out for. Just one.

“Kyuhyun dear, why don’t you come in for the cake cutting?” My mum asked in her sweet and caring voice as she placed a hand over my shoulder as I stood quietly by the door.

“We won’t cut the cake till Hanji arrives.” I stated, firm and determined that she would come. I know she would never hold me up, especially when it was such an important date we had planned for. 

She nodded, before kissing me on the cheek and walking back to the  other kids.

I waited for hours, even till the time when all the other kids had to return home. I watched as  they looked at me in disappointment. Some even shaking their heads at me as they walked out of that door.

I stood by the door still, knowing that there was still another 10 minutes till the end of my birthday.  She will be here.

But no, that didn’t happen. It didn’t.

I remembered myself walking back to the dining table. Taking out plates and a knife at 12 midight. Sitting there alone as I lit the candles and stuck them into the cake. The cake, it was beautiful. It was actually the one with the picture on top. A picture of me and Hanji. We were smiling in our party suits as she poked my cheek with a finger. That was the cake that we chose and prepared together at the bakery.

“Happy birthday Kyuhyun.” I heard myself say as I blew the candles and allow the knife to sink into the picture. Forming a separating line between me and Hanji.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I let my body fall onto my bed, causing a squeaking sound from the bottom.

I know, I shouldn’t have flared up at her. Yesterday was great. It was so perfect. That moment when we reunited. Her tightly in my arms last night.

I should have heard her out.

This is all my fault. I am sorry.

 

 

#########################################

awwwwh, i hope you enjoyed this chapter! Anyways, comment and subscribe!!