Chapter 9; Donghae.

Drama in summer school. ♡ Based on a true story.

 

Aigoo.
 
What do I do? OTTOKAE? What should I wear? 
 
I took out outfit after outfit from my partially full cupboard. 
 
"Too cute. Too casual. Too kiddy. Too boy-ish." I mumbled to myself, commenting on every outfit I pulled out. Nothing seemed to fit right. I threw set after set of clothes onto my bed, a small pile starting to build up. 
 
Maybe I'm being overly critical today. 
 
I plopped myself down onto my queen-sized bed, burying my face into my pillow before starting to look through my pile of clothes again. 
 
Maybe not.
 
There was nothing to wear. I'd left the better part of my closet back in my country, never thinking those would come into handy here in Korea. 
 
I continued my impossible mission, finally down to two barely acceptable sets of clothes- a sleeveless mini dress paired with a pair of baby blue shorts and a two-piece shirt, a tank top with a jumper and a pair of light grey shorts. 
 
They weren't that good, but they would do. I tried both of them on, inspecting myself in the mirror. Contemplating calling up ah-young for help. It's been ages since we talked anyway, I've missed her. 
 
"Ah-young~"
 
"YAA! Kaemi-ah! What's up? I've been waiting for you to call for ages."
 
"Babe. I need your help."
 
"Sure, ask away."
 
"Do you know the two sets of clothes from my wardrobe? The mini dress with.." I droned on and on to ah-young, trying to ask her for her precious opinion.
She'd never seen the two-piece set before. Right. I never had to wear that thing back home. I groaned.
 
"Why are you asking for this anyway?"
 
"I've got no time. I'll tell you when I get back. Annyeong."
 
It's time for my last resort. 
 
Wait, why do I even care that much? It's just another event, Kaemi. 
 
Which happens to be your bestfriend's birthday party and the first time you see your angel on a non-school day.
 
Fine.
 
"What are you wearing?" I scrolled through my contact list, finally stopped on the "S" section. Sica. Send.
 
My phone beeped in reply almost immediately. "Shorts and a tee. Why?"
 
"Save me. Which should I wear?? ㅠㅠ" I sent a picture of both the sets to her through whatsapp.
 
"The mini dress definitely. But bring the other set too, ㅋㅋ"
 
"What for? :O"
 
"It's a surprise~ ^^ ㅋㅋㅋ"
 
I grabbed a pink bag pack, throwing my extra set of clothing into the bag. I put on the mini dress and blue shorts.
 
  I threw the blue shorts and other set away once I reached home. Oops, so no pictures!
 
Next, hair. I tied my hair up into a loose pony tail.
 
Too boring.
 
Why does everything I try on today look so horrible? I finally settled on curling the bottom of my hair and leaving the rest straight. 
 
Damn I'm late. I told Tiffany to wait for me at the train station near her house as it was on the way to our destination and I didn't know how to get there being new in Korea. Luhan offered to go with me, but I declined, insisting he goes with Jessica since it's her birthday. It wouldn't be nice for Sica to see me with him, would it? 
 
I met Tiffany at the lift, on the train platform. She was leaning against a wall, loud pink headphones on, typing into her pink phone. She looked like the typical asian. 
We were awkward. I've never really talked to her without Sica or the others together with us. Now that we were alone, I had nothing to say. She took off her headphones while I tried to make small talk on the way to our destination. 
 
"Hey Tiffany. So, where are we going?"
 
"Over to this big shopping mall, which is really huge. With an outdoor waterplay spot and stuff."
 
"Cool. No wonder Sica told me to bring extra clothes. What did you buy for her birthday present?"
 
"Nothing special, just a new purse. I wanted to get a pretty necklace that I saw the other day, but Luhan would have already bought something like that I guess."
 
"Ohh. How long have they been together?"
 
"Quite sometime. At least a year I think."
 
We started conversing about Luhan and Sica. It pained me to think about what they did in the past year, before I arrived.
 
I bet they'd shared their first kiss, hugged, spent every moment together.
 
They seemed like a sweet couple. A match made in heaven. They were both perfect together. 
 
We finally reached the station. Upon entering the shopping mall, Tiffany and I met Jessica and her two other friends near the cinema. There was a really tall girl, which I later knew to be Sooyoung and a shorter cute one, who was Sunny. (Sorry, their roles aren't major.)
 
Jessica was dressed in a trendy colourful sweater and jean shorts. So simple, yet so pretty. She shone so brightly that I looked like trash beside her. She was that pretty. It made all my confidence disappear.
 
Slowly, the other people started arriving, starting with Luhan and a few other guys. I was chatting with Sooyoung and Sunny when this boy appeared. He immediately caught my attention with his beastly good looks and well-built body. However, he didn't hold that kind of attraction that Luhan held on me. 
 
Damn, he was good looking, and telling by his facial expressions, he knew it.
 
Very well. 
 
My small infatuation shrank away as I saw his true colours- an arrogant kid who thought he could get any girl he wanted. And telling by the expressions on the faces of the other girls, he definitely could. 
 
I winced at his Casanova personality, waving at the girls who smiled at him.
 
What a flirt.
 
He walked confidently to Jessica, presenting her with a present. Jessica seemed awestruck, despite Luhan by her side. But Luhan didn't seem to notice, chatting away happily to Tiffany. 
Jessica's eyes never left the hot dude, as he walked to Tiffany to say hi, then to an empty spot, leaning against the wall. 
 
I gawked at Jessica.
 
She didn't need to be that obvious. I don't know if what I felt was anger, but I let it slip.
 
More and more people streamed in, forming a crowd around the area. Friends of Jessica's, Tiffany's and Luhan's arrived, greeting them. They really were popular. 
 
I shrank back. I obviously didn't belong here. Should I just leave? They probably wouldn't even realise I'm gone. 
I decided to. Walking up to Sica, I prepared to give her her birthday present before I left sneakily. I manuvered my way through the groups of people gathered in clusters, to the centre, mummering numerous "excuse me"s.
Sica was chatting with a guy, who's back was facing me. I planned to wait patiently until she finished talking to him, but she gestured to me, asking me to go over. 
 
"Sengil chuka hamnida, Sica." I immediately pulled out a yellow package for her, smiling. 
 
The guy turned around and looked at me. At the same time, I looked at him, our eyes meeting.
I held his gaze for almost half a minute before looking back at Sica, introducing us happily. 
 
He was about the same height as Luhan, about 170cm, but he had a broader chest, and looked like he worked out. A lot. His body was perfect and he gave off a nice aura, y but warm. I smiled at the boy with hair perfectly styled so that it looked like bed hair. In a y way of course.
 
"Donghae.
 
I smiled at him, and he nodded, half-smirking, half-smiling back.
 
"Kaemi."
 
It was then I knew, we were going to get on well, and that I wasn't going home that soon.
 
Here's a picture of Donghae's bed hair. It's soooooo y.
 
 
 
Why does such a flawless being exist? Kyaaaaaa :3.
Btw I figured that the POV thing wasn't really working out. I know, I at those. It's my very first fic ); . 
Sorry for such a draggy and boring chapter. /hides in a corner and draws circles/
I promise the next one will be better! <3 :D