Chapter 7; Luck, or rather the lack of it.

Drama in summer school. ♡ Based on a true story.

 

My phone buzzed with my favourite song, Exo's "What is love".
Without looking, I knew it was my best friend, ah-young.
I hesitated for a moment, a small part of me hating her for leaving me here. I decided to pick it up on the 5th ring.
I couldn't stay angry with ah-young for long, she was my best friend, and even though she was mean at times, she was still my best friend.
 
"KAEMI AH. What took you so long to answer this stupid phone?" That was all I heard before ah-young started bombarding me with millions of questions about my stay in Korea so far. 
 
", , and more ." I cut her off.
 
This place was worse than I expected.
I flopped down onto my newly-made bed, messing up the covers again.
 
"Hey. It's not that bad. Met any cute Korean guys yet?" 
 
I rolled onto my back, staring up at the ceiling.
Unknowingly, I started zoning out, imagining Luhan's pretty face and milky white skin. 
 
"Kaemi? Kaemi! You better not be hiding any cute boys from me, or I'm coming over to get them for myself."
 
"Sorry. I kind of spaced out. Thinking of stuff."
 
"A boy?"
 
"Hmm, nope."
 
Luhan was cute, but we were impossible.
He has Jessica, and even being a horrible friend that I was, I just couldn't backstab my only friend.
Furthermore, she was the only one in the whole school talking to me now. 
 
"Tsk. You can tell me when you're ready, babe." 
 
We spoke for a long time, catching up on the interesting things that happened back home.
I realised that I've missed ah-young so much, but is this place really that bad?
It didn't seem as bad anymore.
Was it Luhan? Did I really like him?
 
"Why does that matter, Kaemi. He's in love with Jessica, she's perfect, you're not. And even if he wasn't, all the girls are after him, why of all people would he choose you? You're just a nobody." I chided myself. 
 
I sighed. I was over-thinking. Grabbing a white pillow, I stared at my plain pink walls, eventually falling asleep.
 
 
--
 
 
I am officially late. Again.
My maid should actually realise I can sleep through a fire alarm by now. 
 
I threw on the first clothes I saw while washing my face, not bothering to pay any attention to my appearance.
No way am I seeing that horrid principal again.
I hopped out the door on one foot, trying to put on my sneaker on the other.
I'm not exactly the most careful person on the planet, as you would have known my now.
Knowing me, I tripped on my shoelace as I hopped on the cement pavement, managing to land in the most unglamerous position- smack on my face in the middle of the sidewalk. 
 
I groaned in pain, pushing the base of my bleeding palm on the ground to help myself up.
My blood left a crimson red stain on the floor.
My thought immediately drifted to Luhan, I needed him now.
I half-expected a hand to tap my back, but nothing happened. It was a school day anyway, and I was late.
Oh damn, I hurriedly scurried up, running towards the school. 
 
The only thing I saw when the school was finally in sight, was that the huge metal gate was starting to close. 
I quickened my pace, trying not to trip on my shoelace again.
Sprinting across the road, I barely managed to step into the school just as the gates slammed shut with a clang.
I collapsed onto a bench, heart beat drumming so hard I thought my ear drums would burst. 
 
"Breathe in, breathe out."
 
I tried my breathing exercises as I brisk walked towards my classroom.
Glancing down at my clothing, it triggered a gag reflex.
I was wearing the ugliest gray shirt with little printed cats on it, something my aunt bought for me in primary school, something I kept at the back of my wardrobe, swearing not to ever wear out of the house.
I could not believe my eyes, I looked like .
One check on my pink iPhone confirmed that I had one minute to rush to class before I was late.
 
I'll think about it later. 
 
I entered class just as the bell rang.
Luckily for me, the teacher wasn't around yet. I did a sweep across the classroom with my eyes, mentally taking note of the empty seats.
There's one there beside a mean looking girl, another one beside a chubby boy.
Oh, there's one beside a cute boy too.
He gestured to me, signalling for me to sit beside him.
 
Wait is that who I think it is?
 
My spectacles fogged as my body heat had caused condensation of water vapour onto my lenses.
Damn, I didn't even have time to put on contact lenses. 
 
Is it really him?
 
A dreading feeling started forming at the pit of my stomach.
 
P/S: I seriously slept through a fire alarm during a school camp, LOL. Power right? Sorry for not updating in a long time. From now onwards I'll probably update every week, most probably on the weekends. Thanks for subscribing~