Chapter 15; Hurt.

Drama in summer school. ♡ Based on a true story.

 

I ran across the road, my slipper accidentally slipping off one foot in the process.
 
People from the nearby bus stop started staring at me, as though wondering what my next move would be. I ran back to the middle of the road, crossing both fingers that no car would knock me down, and I slipped my foot back into the slipper and continued running.
 
I looked at the warm light the bus stop was emitting, wanting more than ever to just go there and hide until the storm had blown over. Cringing at another sudden burst of thunder, I decided that I couldn't hide. I had to keep running. I whipped off my glasses the moment I entered the void deck and my vision blurred. Hastily, I wiped my glasses on my already drenched tee, stuffing it back onto my face. I looked like .
Even a 10 ton elephant would have looked better than I did then. Maybe not.
 
I pulled my bag to my front, trying to cover most of that drenched, ugly thing, formally known as my shirt.
 
When I saw him, he looked like he was enveloped in a warm, cozy light, contrast to the grey and dreary environment. I used my last ounce of energy to run towards him, clinging onto him despite the fact that I was dripping wet.
 
The image of him that I conjured up in my head hugged me back, not minding one bit of my drenched look and was glad to see me. But in reality, he practically pried me off him, trying to keep his clothes dry as he glared at me with utter disgust and rolled his eyes, scowling in the process.
 
Stupid me and my rash decisions, now I got him wet.
 
My heart clenched.
 
This was Luhan, in all of his 178 cm glory, being the opposite of what I ever imagined about him.
 
"Oh. My. God. I'm so sorry baby, I didn't know she would be that disgusting and stupid." Sica stepped out from behind a pillar, smugly smirking in my direction, "Hey , how fun was that!"
 
She teased me, hiding insults into every seemingly friendly chatter. I wished that the floor would open up and swallow me right there and then. But the worst thing was, Luhan just stood there, laughing at every single one of Sica's "jokes".
 
Apparently, I trusted Luhan so much and was so worried about him that I didn't even remember that he was my neighbour and didn't live in a flat.
 
The digital clock on my phone screen changed from 0959 to 1000, triggering my cute alarm tone featuring the theme song of my favourite drama, Skip beat. I groaned. That perfect alarm tone didn't seem that cute anymore. I vowed to change it the moment I reached home.
 
The alarm was quickly followed by "No other".
 
Donghae.
 
That's what I forgot! I almost smacked myself on the head out of habit, but stopped myself in the nick of time, before I could do more things to embarrass myself infront of the mean-as-hell lusica couple. (hahaha).
 
Oh damn.
 
"Hae oppa?"
 
"Kaemi~ I'm outside your house now." I could almost feel the smile in his voice, immediately sending waves of guilt over me.
 
"Uh.. Hae oppa.." I glanced at the lusica couple nervously. They were trying so hard to eavesdrop, yet trying even harder not to seem to be doing just that.
 
"Ne?"
 
"I-I'm not at home now. Something happened.." I glared pointedly as Luhan.
 
"What happened?! Where are you now, Kaemi!" Donghae shouted into the phone, voice sounding muffled probably due to the speaker function being on.
 
I heard a car engine start.
 
"U-uh." I gave him the address.
 
"Wait for me. 5 minutes." He hung up.
 
He'll never reach in 5 minutes from my house. It took me more than 15 minutes to reach. I glanced awkwardly at Luhan and Sica, Sica rubbing her hands up and down Luhan's arm, shivering as Luhan wrapped his arm around her.
 
I should be cold. Not you, Sica.
 
That thought sent a shiver through me, and I helplessly wrapped my arms around myself, trying to soothe my goosebumps.
 
I looked up in time to see Luhan shooting me a sorry look. You bastard in an angel's disguise. Don't. Even. Try.
 
I tried not to watch Sica and Luhan cuddle in front of me for the rest of the five minutes, standing on one foot awkwardly while staring at the floor.
 
"Kaemi." I heard fast footsteps from behind me, never so happy to hear my name.
 
"Hae." Forcing a smile, I flipped my wet hair, trying to look less like a mess. Here was my saviour. From this tense atmosphere.
 
He was dripping wet, like I was, but he made it in 5 minutes flat. Grabbing my wrist, he glared at lusica and led me back to the car. I looked at them one last time before I left with Donghae. This is the end, of everything I once believed in; two of my dearest friends; two people I'd never thought would do this to me.
 
I finally allowed the tears welling up in my eyes to flow, breaking out into inaudible sobs.
 
As we approached the car, Donghae opened the door for me, allowing me to enter the passenger seat. He then closed the door behind me, jogging over to his side of the car.
 
Tears continued streaking down my face uncontrollably, not seeming to be ending anytime soon.
 
I was sort of glad that it was Donghae that was here with me, not Sehun, who would probably launch in a I-told-you-so rant. But I still wished it was Luhan, despite all that he'd done to me. His face giving me the sorry look continuously flashing in my mind.
 
I don't know about you guys, but I kind of liked this chapter. LOL. Maybe I've become sadistic seeing how stupid I kind of used to be. Oh well. Things have changed so much since then that it's even funny. I'll try updating this alot more frequently now since I intend to end it just nicely a year from when it started. That's all, I love all of you, my subscribers ;D. It makes me feel like someone out there actually cares about the I go through considering I'd never really gotten enough courage to share these things with my friends. :')
 
<3