Chapter 14; Trouble

Drama in summer school. ♡ Based on a true story.

 

It wasn't like I hate Donghae or anything, or that he was too ugly to hang out with.
In fact, he was perfectly good looking, with his hot body and features, added with his fun-loving personality, he was a total catch. I just felt horrible that I would go out with him thinking of Luhan.
 
Why was I thinking so much?
 
He probably only wanted to go out with me as no one else could make it. Maybe he liked me only as a friend. After all I'm not that pretty, nor am I exceptionally smart. Actually, I'm one of the most average girls. Just so normal.
 
Fine, I'll go. He's my friend anyway, and it'll probably make my day better than that usual dreary one. I'm really thinking too much.
 
My brain flashed back to the happenings of today. Oh, Luhan looked soooo cute. And the way he smiled at me..
 
What am I thinking now? You're delusional, Kim Kaemi.
 
Now I'm talking to myself, great. I set my alarm to 8, mentally preparing myself for my "date" with Donghae tomorrow. I put my alarm to full volume, afraid that even the highest volume couldn't wake me up.
 
--
 
"Don't leave me. Don't.." I trashed around on my bed, rolling off onto the hard, cold floor.
 
It hurt.
 
And my back was drenched with sweat. It was that horrible dream. Again. In that dream, no matter how much I tried, how hard I ran, I couldn't catch up with the dark figure that was ditching me in the darkness.
Just then my phone started buzzing, playing at full blast. I groaned and clutched my ears, poking at my screen with blurry vision and trying to stop it from playing. Ugh. Who the hell calls at.. I glanced at the screen, 9am in the morning?!
 
It's Sunday! Let me sleep in peace already.
 
I continued poking at the screen.
 
"Finally!"
 
"OMO." I gasped as a voice sounded from my phone's speaker system.
 
That voice.. So familiar. Is it who I think it is?
 
"Ummm. Hello?" I squinted at my screen, wondered why no sound was coming out.
 
"K-Kaemi. I need your h-help." The voice quivered. With fear or sadness I could not tell.
 
I took in a deep breath and bit my lips, trying to calm myself down from thinking up all the horrible at scenarios. "Sure, what for?"
 
"C-come to m-me."
 
"Are you in trouble? Pain? WHERE."
 
The voice trembled, sending me into a frenzy.
 
"My- My house.."
 
I asked for directions, mentally taking notes as I pulled a knitted sweater over my head with one hand and grabbing a bag.
 
"I'm coming. Wait for me." I slipped on the first pair of footwear I saw, which happened to be a pair of old slippers and ran out the door, ignoring the cries of the helpers asking where I was heading.
 
"Do you have a car?!" I whipped my head back.
 
The helper nodded, glancing at me nervously.
 
"Hurry!! I need to go to my friend's house!"
 
She grabbed a bunch of keys from the table, following me as I made a mad dash out of the house.
 
 
--
 
 
I tapped my fingers on the seat impatiently, willing the helper to go faster.
 
"I can't! All this rain might cause accidents!" I looked outside. True enough, the rain had chosen this time to pelt down onto the earth.
 
It's 9:30 now, why do I have the feeling that I'm supposed to be somewhere else right now? Nah. It's probably not important if I can't remember it.
 
I knocked my head with the base of my hand twice. "Ugh, I'm growing old already, can't even remember simple things." I grumbled to myself.
 
The car screeched to a halt and I bolted out of the car, not even bothering to carry an umbrella.
 
My slippers slapped the pavement, sending puddles splashing around. I tried to ignore the goosebumps forming on my skin as I ran as fast as I could in slippers to the void deck, to my safety, and his.
 
I didn't even realise that the run wasn't to my or his safety, but away from something that meant so much to me.
 
DRAMAAAAAAA.
Foreshadowing alert if you can sense it ;D
Sorry for the cliffhanger. I knowwwww, cliff hangers . LOL. Pretty boring chapter here, I guess the next one would probably be better? I don't even know. Should I twist the end of the story? Because the real ending that happened to me is kind of ish LOL. But the ending is not so soon~ So stay subscribed and comment more! LOVE YOU ALL <3 ;D