Chapter 6; It's Luhan

Drama in summer school. ♡ Based on a true story.

"You okay?"


It was THE voice.
The voice I heard in my head, the voice I dreamt of at night, that oh-so-familiar voice I love.
I cringed.
My head was hurting too much to comprehend this. Was I dreaming?
Sensing no reply, I was led, to a row of benches. Unable to see clearly, I could not confirm my suspicions.
I rubbed my eyes, trying to clear my blurry vision.

"Th-thank you." I managed to utter by mustering all my strength.

"Oh hey, it's you again. Little miss accident prone aren't you?"

I flushed beet red. It's him. He remembers.

"Kaemi?"

I shut my eyes and opened them, hoping my vision would clear.

"Are you okay? I saw you across the cafeteria."
 
"I think she's fine, just a little dizzy, Sica."

As my head started to clear, I saw a muffled view of Jessica, and the amazingly cute guy from the first day. All the eyes in the cafeteria was fixed on us.

"Oh. Hey there, Luhan. Thanks for helping my friend here." Jessica Jung said with a wink.

So his name is Luhan. Doesn't sound Korean. Is he from overseas? Wait.Friend? When did I ever have one in this godforsaken place?
Luhan hugged Jessica.
 
"Didn't see me over here?" He said cutely with a little pout, "take better care of your little friend here, darling, she seems accident prone."

Darling? DARLING? What?!
With that millions of questions burning in my brain, he walked away. The girls in the canteen shot killer glares at me. What did I do again? This place hates me.
Jessica sat down beside me.

"Come sit with me for lunch, you must be hungry, my treat."
 
Jessica pranced off towards a queue, gesturing for me to follow her.
I got up clumsily and followed her.
The students' eyes were fixated on her. I got it. She's the queen bee, the one I've read about in all the storybooks, the queen of the school.
No wonder, she's pretty. And cute. And really friendly and bubbly. So why does she want to be my friend? I'm clumsydorky and a loner. Not the type of person someone like her would hang out with.

"You fine with Japanese noodles?" Jessica asked, breaking my chain of thought.

I nodded, trailing behind her.

--

There is one word to describe her table. Luhan. Maybe another three words,super ing popular.
All the eyes in the cafeteria were on that table, filled with pretty(handsome!) and perfect people.
She took a seat beside Luhan, Luhan immediately grabbing her into a hug and kissing her cheek. The queen bee with the cutest guy in school, figures.
I awkwardly shuffled over, dragging my feet. There were no more seats at the table.

"Here, Kaemi!" Jessica squeezed over to the side, giving me space to sit, saving my from a relapse of my social awkwardness.
 
There should really be a new illness called "Kaemi condition" where the person suffers from extreme social awkwardness.
I squeezed between Jessica and another Asian girl with brownish-black hair. She smiled at me, and tried giving me more space.

"So, hey. You're Kaemi, right? I'm Luhan." Luhan finally spoke, that voice so mesmerising.

"Yeah. Hey Luhan."

"You sure you okay little miss accident prone?"

"Pretty sure. Uh, about that.. Thanks for the other day. I didn't have enough time to thank you." A blush crept onto my face.

"No problem."

Jessica and the Asian girl, who I now knew to be Tiffany, exchanged glances. I noticed their little exchange. Further adding on to the tense atmosphere, my short conversation with Luhan had ended.

"So.. Kaemi, this is your first year here right, I know how it feels. Sit with us whenever you feel like okay? I'll all get better soon."

I nodded toward a flushing Jessica, smiling, thankful for her offer. She's friendly and bubbly, no wonder everyone likes her. Unlike me.
 
P/S: It's finally longer, LOL. 
On a side note, GD's new mv "one of a kind" is out~^^ Go watch it! :D