Chapter 13; Phone calls

Drama in summer school. ♡ Based on a true story.

 

"Annyeong, my favourite noona/dongsaeng^^ Have you reached home yet?"
 
"Noona/dongsaeng?! Yes I have^-^ Annyeong, Sehunnie."
 
"ㅋㅋ, Kaemi-ah, can I call you noona since you thought I was your dongsaeng and you'd never call me oppa anyway?"
 
"That makes me feel old! Tsk, but okay, if you want to, ㅎㅎ."
 
"Noona~ Are you doing anything now?"
 
"I'm texting you aren't I? But other than that, nope. Why? :o"
 
"Add me on Skype, noona! :)"
 
I switched on my laptop and typed "Oh Sehun" into the search box.
A chime sounded as Sehun sent me a Skype message.
 
"Noona~ Can I ask you a question?"
 
"Don't forget that I'm actually younger than you, oppa(see I said it). Ask away~^^"
 
"Do you.. Like Luhan hyung?"
 
"No?" I replied, uncertainly.
 
"Really?"
 
"Ne. Why? It's the second question already!"
 
"How about Donghae hyung?"
 
"We're just friends! Third."
 
"ㅋㅋ, sorry for the million questions, Luhan hyung just texted me, telling me that you looked beautiful today, ㅎㅎ, don't tell him I told you~"
 
Me? Beautiful? Those two words have never been in the same sentence since forever. I pulled my blanket up to my chin and snuggled into my bed. He thinks.. I'm beautiful? Kim Kaemi? Beautiful? Those simple words just made my day.
 
"Really? :o"
 
"Ne, ㅋㅋㅋ. Shhh~"
 
"Okay, I've got to go, bye Sehunnie! ^^"
 
I rolled around on my bed, blanket tangling around me.
 
Beautiful~ B-e-a-u-tiful~
 
I jumped up and down, accidentally hitting my head on the ceiling. I rubbed my head, trying to ease the pain.
 
Luhan, Luhan, Luhan~ My flawless angel~
 
Suddenly I remembered that one word that never fails to make my whole world crash down.
 
Sica. Her smiling face appeared in my mind, her gaze following Kai around. Kai? What's he doing here? The talking to myself is becoming a habit. I'd better stop now.
 
Ugh. I massaged my forehead, lying down, finally falling asleep.
 
"I lost my mind, 当你走进我视线. 就在你周围整个世界 get in slow motion."
I lost my mind, once you enter my vision. Around you, the whole world get in slow motion. (Sorry if it's not totally correct, it's just a rough translation by me LOL)
My phone played. A picture of me and a very pretty girl flashed on the screen. We were both smiling crazily, making silly faces.
 
"Ah-young. Calling."
 
I pressed the answer button and put the phone on speaker, too lazy to hold it up to my ear. Turning around and resting my head on my arms, I heard the familiar voice I've missed so much.
 
"Kaemi-ah! TELL ME NOW. I'm so curious yeah~" She suddenly burst out in Shinee's new song, Sherlock, "WHO'S THE GUY?!"
 
I laughed at her urgency. That was ah-young for you.
 
"Chill ah-young~ There's no guy! It was Jessica's birthday party."
 
"Oh. But, DON'T YOU LIE TO ME . THERE WAS DEFINITELY A GUY THERE."
 
I sighed. "Yes there was, but he was taken. And there was just 3 other guys, namely Mr. Oh-I'm-so-cool, Mr. Make-you-feel-old-because-I-look-awesome-and-young, and Mr. I-might-look-y-but-I-act-like-a-5-year-old-when-I'm-happy. Oh wait, there was another one, Mr. I-can't-keep-my-hands-to-myself-because-your-friend-is-freaking-pretty."
 
"Wow. Seems fun over there, YOU SHOULD TOTALLY HAVE SHIPPED ME OVER IN YOUR LUGGAGE BAG."
 
"Yeah, it was fun." This time I actually meant it, "If you were here you'd totally like them, especially the Mr. y-5-year-old-kid. HE WAS TOTALLY YOUR TYPE." I felt the sides of my lips turn upwards, "Come and visit me sometime ah-young ah, I'm sure they'll all like you, and the cute taken guy who has huge eyes like you. I'll introduce you to them!"
 
"Awwww, I might just like the y guy already. The huge eyed guy sounds like your type~" Ah-young cooed into the phone.
 
"You don't even know him. And he's taken." I said dejectedly, remembering the way that Jessica treated him in the presence of Kai. I sighed, feeling sorry for the kingka. Well, Kai definitely was one of those kingkas from another school too.
 
"You like him, Kaemi, whoever he is." Ah-young stated matter-of-factly.
 
I shook my head in denial.
 
That couldn't be. I don't like him, he just looked cute to me. We're just friends. I don't even know anymore. Luhan. Jessica. Kai.
 
I shook my head, trying to clear my head. A headache was quickly forming.
 
I sighed. "I don't, ah-young, I can't."
 
"Sure, Kaemi, sure. I've got to go, catch up with you soon!"
 
We said our goodbyes and hung up. I hugged my phone to my chest and closed my eyes. 3 million thoughts ran through my head as I stared at my new wallpaper, the last picture we took with all of us in it.
 
---
 
I guess I might have fallen asleep then, because I woke up to my phone playing "No other" by Super Junior. It was the contact song for Donghae that I set as he reminded me of the mv with his super sweet personality.
 
I used the base of my right hand to rub my eye and rolled over, using my elbows to push myself up.
 
"Eobseyo?" I mummured groggily, still half asleep.
 
"H-hello?"
 
"..."
 
"Kaemi?"
 
"..."
 
"Kaemi-ah!"
 
"Oh. Hey Donghae." I tried stopping my head from drooping onto the comfortable bed.
 
"Oops, did I just interrupt the sleepyhead from her lumber?" I heard him erupt in laughter at his own joke.
 
"YAH. What sleepyhead?!" I yelled, fully awake after the insult.
 
What, no one ever calls me for a few weeks except for Sica and suddenly my phone won't stop ringing? What went crazy today?
 
"Kim Kaemi, who else?"
 
I scrunched my nose up. "Oh, is it Mr. Donghae the fish?"
 
"YAA."
 
I snickered. He was soooo childish, yet cute.
 
"Uh I-"
 
"Yeah?"
 
"Doyouwanttogoouttomorrowwithmepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease."
 
All I heard was 'please', but not wanting to be called 'sleepyhead' again for not being able to hear properly, I answered, "Uh.. Okay?"
 
"I'll be waiting for you outside your house tomorrow morning at 10, okay?"
 
I made a muffled noise that made no commitment to his idea.
 
"I'll see you there then!"
 
I groaned. What have I gotten myself into?
 
Here's the promised triple update! Sorry I took so long to actually get this up! My spacebar is spoilt on my computer. Seriously. Screw my life. I have to press on it super hard before the space appears. D: How annoying. So yeah, I'm really sorry for not updating for two weeks. Yes, I'm a horrible person. But please understand~ But now that exams are over, I might consider updating more often~ Thanks for subscribing and I love you all :D
Oh and don't forget to comment! I love all your comments <3