Chapter 18; For Luhan

Drama in summer school. ♡ Based on a true story.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry for the other day. I need help now, pleaseeeeee? :* ”
 
Jessica. Just what I would expect from her. Expecting me to forgive her every single time she did something wrong. But she was right, I always did forgive her. She was my only friend, the only person whom I could confide in, for the rest of my stay here. 
 
“Yoboseyo?”
 
“Sica. What happened?” 
 
“I-I.. think I like Kai.”
 
“Aaaand, you just realized?” I inwardly groaned, half-expecting another full-fledged drama to occur.
 
“He just asked me out.” She replied, blatantly ignoring my question.
 
I had a really bad feeling about this. “And you accepted it.” It wasn’t even a question anymore, more like a statement. I knew Jessica too well, and she would totally do something like that.
 
“…”
 
“Answer me,” I half-shouted into the phone, “Actually, you don’t have to. I know it Jessica, I just want to know why.”
 
“He’s, well he’s older- And you know I love older guys-“
 
“That’s not an excuse, Sica. Luhan’s older too.”
 
...
 
The conversation carried on for another hour, revolving all around Jessica’s drama and her “undying love” for Kai. All through the conversation, I didn’t feel a single emotion for Jessica, not happiness, not jealousy that she found someone she loved, and not even hatred for treating Luhan like that. All I felt was sadness for Luhan, and this unknown feeling that might just be pity. Yes, pity
 
I threw on a hoodie, taking a deep breath and sighing. “For Luhan,” I told myself, “For Luhan.
 
I walked down the stairs slowly, my feet freezing on the cold marble floor. The house seemed eerily quiet, just like the first day I entered this huge house. Maybe it was the feelings I felt for Luhan. I was always easily affected by the way others felt, I cried when others did, felt angry for my friends, cheered for people I didn’t know. 
 
I took a last deep breath and opened the door, for Luhan
 
A figure tumbled into my house. I gasped loudly, stifling a scream as I knelt down to have a closer look at the figure. Luhan. Half his body was in my house and the other sitting cross-legged outside. It happened again. The exact same thing that happened this morning. But this time, I was sure, he wasn’t dead, or have already fainted. I lightly pushed him into a sitting position. Luhan was still half-awake fast asleep, his head lolling about before resting with his face facing downwards. He must be tired, so many things have happened.
 
I sat down beside him on the wooden step, examining his sleeping face. His eyes were closed, and he had really long eyelashes. His high nose bridge and cheekbones made him look perfect. Suddenly, his head moved, resting on my shoulder. I didn’t push him off. I told myself that I couldn’t bear to because he must be feeling sad, but I knew that it was because I still loved him. I still did, even after everything he did to me. I looked down at his pretty hands and muscular legs, resting my head on top of his as I gradually fell asleep.
 
I'm so sorry for mia-ing TT. PLEASE FORGIVE ME. /hides/ I actually intended to kind of leave this fic since it wasn't really that good and stuff ):