Chapter 11; Our complications

Drama in summer school. ♡ Based on a true story.

Jessica eyed us suspiciously.

 
Luhan nodded, an evil smile forming on his innocent face.
 
"1.. 2.. 3!"
 
We dashed towards Jessica, trapping her, her back facing the waterspot, holding our whipped cream cans behind our backs. Luhan and I smiled at her sweetly.
 
"Sica~" I sang as we approached, forcing her to a tiny spot on the wooden deck.
 
Glancing sideways at Luhan, I saw him doing the same. We nodded together, turning back to Sica, and coating her with whipped cream. She stumbled backwards from the shock, falling into the pool of water.
I prepared to run, but Sica was faster, she quickly pulled me under with her. I attempted to reach Luhan and drag him down with me, but he was already jogging away with a smirk.
 
He jogged over to Sehun and Donghae, who were having some hyung-dongsaeng catch up time, lying on the deck, blasting music from some portable speakers. Plopping himself down, he lay back facing up, peering at me and Sica who were starting a water fight, not caring that neither Donghae nor Sehun had acknowledged him.
 
I hoisted myself up onto the deck, sitting there to let my clothes drip dry, smiling widely at Sica who was playfully splashing water at me.
It's been a long time since I felt this way. What did people call it, happiness?
 
The mark of my pants was left on the dark brown deck as I ran back to Donghae, waving my can in the air.
 
"Say ahhh~"
 
Donghae opened his mouth to squeal, only to have whipped cream stuffed into his mouth, some even overflowing onto his neck.
He scrunched his nose at me while I hopped along, squirting whipped cream into Sehun's and Luhan's mouths.
Luhan grabbed my arm, dragging me down. I glanced over at Kai, sitting alone in the shade, head bobbing to the music from his earpieces.
 
"YAA, get up!" I mumbled, blushing down at Luhan's hand which was still in contact with my arm.
 
I gazed pointedly at Jessica who was in the water with Sooyoung and Sunny, causing the water to turn cloudy with the whipped cream which was previously hanging on to their clothes.
 
Luckily for them, there weren't many people around.
 
Luhan stuck his hand out, signalling for me to help him up.
I grabbed onto his hand and pulled it with all my might, ending up on my as Luhan got up.
 
Donghae helped himself up as Luhan laughed manically, "I guess you're still little miss accident prone."
 
They grabbed onto one of my arms each and managed to get me up on my feet easily. Sehun whined when no one offered to help him up. Both Donghae and Luhan walked off, ignoring his cries.
Sehun pouted cutely as I helped him up easily due to his smaller built.
 
"Hehehe, gomawoo noona! At least you're not as mean as the hyungs!"
 
"No problem. They're bullies!" I giggled at the two, proceeding to disturb Kai.
 
"Kaemi noona, do you have a boyfriend?"
 
I looked down at my slippers, immediately thinking of Luhan. Why did I think of him at such a weird timing?!
 
"Uh.. Nope."
 
"Yay! Noona let's go play!"
 
I shrugged, wondering why Sehun would ask me such a weird question out of the blue.
 
"Random kid." I mumbled to myself as he dragged me over to the edge of the deck.
 
"Sit!"
 
I sat, obeying the demanding kid.
We chatted, getting to know more about each other. It turned out that he was a year older than I was, despite his kid-like face. He apologised to me for calling me noona, as he thought that I was the same age as Luhan. He also shared with me that he knew Jessica through his best friend, Luhan, but he never really liked her.
 
I nudged him as he whispered in my ear, "She's a !". I pointedly glanced at Jessica, who was a few metres away from us, oblivious.
 
"Sehunnie, she's actually nice."
 
"Don't be tricked by her! She looks like an angel, but when she's angry, she's even worse than a devil!"
 
He had on a straight face, smile disappearing off his face for the first time that day.
 
I heard fits of laughter from behind us and Sehun and I turned around at the same time. Luhan and Donghae started laughing even harder while Kai just smirked, refusing to throw his cool image away.
 
"S-Sehun. You. Finally.." They burst into another round of laughter, tears springing into their eyes. I smiled awkwardly, not knowing what was so funny. Did they hear out conversation? Just stop laughing and tell me already. This is killing me.
 
" face~"
 
Luhan and Donghae clutched their stomachs, laughing so loud that other people around us started staring. Even Kai, Mr. Stone-face started chuckling quietly to himself.
 
Phew. Wait. face? What?!
 
I looked over at Sehun who was glaring at them, face burning up from all the unwanted attention.
 
I couldn't help it. He looked so much like a pissed choding that I had to laugh.
 
"You too?!" He pouted, worsening the face (hehehe) and turned his face away from me.
 
I poked his arm lightly, ignoring the loud gaffaws from behind us.
 
"Don't be angry, Sehun oppa~"
 
I tried putting my face in front of his, but he kept turning his face away from me.
 
"Choding! It's not cute to do that!"
 
He stuck out his tongue at me.
 
"Mehrong! I don't care!"
 
"Chincha kyeopta~" I cooed, pinching his cheeks.
 
The laughter suddenly stopped.
 
Donghae and Luhan were both gawking at me.
 
Hae skipped over, "Yaa, what about me?" He gave me a wink while Sehun shot a dirty look at him. 
 
"And me?" Luhan coolly strolled over, leaving Kai alone to roll his eyes at us.
 
All three stuffed their face right in front of mine. "Donghae oppa, Luhan oppa, you're not! Hehehe."
 
Both of you are the hottest, iest, best oppas.
 
They both pouted. "It's okay! Sehunnie, you think I'm cute right? Bbuing bbuing~" Luhan smiled, facing Sehun.
 
Sehun grabbed Luhan's shoulders and turned him around, to face Jessica's direction.
 
 
I descended down from the clouds in my head. I almost forgot she was there. How could I have?!
 
"Save that for her, hyung."
 
I watched, crestfallen, as Luhan obeying his dongsaeng and jogged over to Sica, taking off his black slippers to put on the deck.
 
Sehun noticed and dragged my arm over to where they were, pushing me face first into the water.
Luhan bent his knees and scooped up water, spraying tons of it all over me. Donghae hugged me from the front, pretending to protect me from the water even though I was already soaked to the bone. Jessica was half-heartedly spraying water in a random direction while looking over at Kai, who was looking upon us like we were little children.
 
This was going to get complicated.
 
Hi. Please forgive me for my mia-ing. My exams suddenly came D: I'm so sorry~ To make up for it, triple update? :3 /hides/