Chapter 1; The beginning

Drama in summer school. ♡ Based on a true story.

 

"Get up. GET UP!"
I'm just about the heaviest sleeper on the planet. It took another million "get up"s from my brother before I finally
stirred.
"Go away!" I threw a pillow in the direction the noise was coming from.
"Stop being mean to your brother. Kaemi-ah, rise and shine! It's the start of the beautiful holidays!" My mother chirped in her usual cheery voice.
Once again, I wondered where she got all her energy from. It was 8 in the morning! On a Saturday! I rolled over to my side and snuggled back into my duvet. She dragged my covers off me, and opened the windows, exposing me to the warm summer air.
I curled into a ball of human and calculated the lack of appeal this summer holiday held. Umma dropped the bomb on me yesterday, announcing at dinner that I was going to summer school. I tried everything I could to get out of it, but there was no escape for me this time. My last resort was to oversleep and "forget" to leave for summer school, but apparently that didn't work for me either.
"Ah-young ah! Save me! I'm still going!" I screamed into my iPhone at my best friend.
"You're going to summer school in South Korea, . I would kill for that chance! Stop being the horrible kpop hater that you are and get out there!"
"NOOOOOOOOOOO."
"You're going. I'm not saving you this time."
"You're sounding like my mother now." I whined.
"Get your lazy out there and enjoy!"
That sealed my fate. 3 whole months without my best friend and she just let me go like that! To the country I never wanted to go, ever, in my life. I sighed and resigned to my fate. Since I was going there anyway, better be prepared.
"We're late!" Umma shouted at me.
I silently cursed under my breath at myself for not packing earlier, and threw piles of clothes into my bright pink luggage.
"Let's think on the bright side." I thought to myself.
"Wait, there is no bright side."
I sighed inwardly as I slumped into the back seat next to my pain in the brother.