Chapter 12; A feeling akin to happiness

Drama in summer school. ♡ Based on a true story.

 

"Cake!" Donghae's eyes brightened at the sight of the beautiful chocolate cake, coated with cocoa powder.
 
Sunny lit the candles up one by one as we gathered back into a circle.
 
"Sengil chuka hamnida~ Sengil chuka hamnida~"
 
Jessica blew the candles out and closed her eyes, holding her hands together in a praying position and making a wish. She beamed at us, before smiling evilly.
 
We sat cross-legged and Sica started wiping the cream of the cake on to our faces and bare legs. Donghae, Luhan and Sehun visibly pouted, expecting to actually eat the cake. I quickly cut a small piece for each one of them, before the whole cake was smashed into someone's face. It turned out to be Jessica's face, and she screamed before frantically using her hands to wipe the cake off her face.
 
The guys ate their cakes while we decided to quickly change our clothing due to the disgusting mixture of water, whipped cream, and cake. I grabbed some toilet paper to wipe myself up (hey I was desperate) and quickly changed into my second set of clothes, the warmer sweater. I was shivering from the cold as I was wet, glad for the little extra warmth.
 
"You look cold, Kaemi-ah." Donghae wrapped his hands around my arms, rubbing up and down in an attempt to warm me up. I felt my cheeks warming up quickly, and I tried to hide my face with my fringe, not wanting Donghae to notice my discomfort when it came to skinship with guys.
 
Don't get me wrong, I love skinship, I just blush a lot, especially when it's a really hot guy, I mean who wouldn't?
 
Donghae pulled my body towards his, bringing my head down onto his chest. The sides of my mouth unknowingly turned upwards as he gazed down at me.
 
Luhan was taking pictures with Jessica, polaroid after polaroid, with the help of Sunny. Well they seem to be having fun.
 
"Stop it you two lovebirds! Come and take a picture with me!" Jessica shouted at us, smirking.
 
I reluctantly walked away from my source of warmth, smiling widely as the polaroid was taken.
 
"Last one! Let's take a picture together!"
 
Everyone else crowded around us for the picture, except Sooyoung and Sunny who were helping us to take it.
 
"1..2..3! Smile~"
 
At the last second, Donghae slung him arm around my shoulder, squeezing me tightly. Jessica and Luhan were doing silly faces right in the middle, enjoying themselves. Tiffany and Kris were kissing each other on the cheeks while smiling at the camera. Kai was standing alone at the back, refusing to smile.
 
Nothing has changed, yet.
 
In a blink of an eye, it was already 6 in the evening, we had spent the whole day together. We left one by one, some leaving for the train station and others leaving for the bus interchange, but not before exchanging numbers with some of the newly-made friends.
 
" face, Fishyhae, text me soon~" I called out to Sehun and Donghae as I typed my number into their phones, earning a glare from both of them.
 
Tiffany and Kris finally separated as they were taking the trains to different directions. It was left with Tiffany, Luhan, Jessica, Sooyoung, Donghae and I. We strolled to the train platform, enjoying the last of each other's company. We were surprising able to talk on and on despite this being the first meeting for most of us.
 
"Tell me everything babe." Jessica slung an arm around Tiffany's shoulder, while Tiffany blushed a crazy colour. Sooyoung joined their conversation while Luhan, Donghae and I stood around them, uninterested. That was why I had more guy friends.
 
The train swerved, and I accidentally poked my elbow into Donghae's stomach area.
 
Oops.
 
I covered my face in hope that Donghae didn't think I was a crazy violent .
 
He turned his body to face me, and started poking me with his fingers, tickling me. I gave a little scream.
 
"YAH. Donghae-ah, we're in the train!" I death glared at him while Luhan looked at us, amused. He has really pretty eyes that speak so much. Sigh, but he'll never be mine.
 
"Yeah, so you should stop shouting!" Donghae retorted, starting to poke me again.
 
I jumped, attacking him back with pokes. Jessica was still absorbed in her conversation with Sooyoung and Tiffany, but I saw, out of the corner of my eye, Luhan looking between Sica and I. He might be feeling left out, kingkas probably never felt that way.
 
I decided to include him in, and looked into his eyes. He smiled at me, showing his dimple, a simple smile driving me insane.
 
As I started walking towards Luhan, Donghae suddenly pulled me back, hugging my waist as he tickled me even more. I noticed Luhan look down at his shoes, and I grabbed his wrists, dragging him towards us.
He shook his head gently, not wanting to disrupt us.
 
"Lulu, it's our stop, bye I love you, text me later~" Sica put on a sugar sweet voice and flashed a smile that could melt every guy in the room (or rather, train). Luhan wasn't going home yet, he had to meet his family somewhere for dinner.
 
She tiptoed and kissed him lightly on the cheek.
 
"Bye Luhan, bye Donghae~" I waved as I got off with Jessica, Sooyoung and Tiffany to change to another train.
 
They exchanged their goodbyes as we alighted. Tiffany linked arms with me as we marched off to the next train station.
 
"Kaemi~ Details. Now."
 
"What?" I looked at her, with confused eyes.
 
"You know, you and Donghae?"
 
"What about us?"
 
"Stop pretending, you two were practically inseperatable all day."
 
I felt my face burn up. "There's nothing between us! Just new friends!" I quickly denied.
 
"If you say so~" Tiffany shrugged and gave me a knowing smile.
 
Was I really with Donghae all day?
 
He was just a brother to me, nothing more.
 
In fact, there's no one I fancy right now.
 
Yeah right, Kaemi, what starts with a L and ends with a N?
 
Yes, right, stop talking to yourself you look retarded.
 
Fine.
 
"Did you see Kai? HE WAS SO HOT OH MY GOD."
 
Ew no. As expected, the beauty always goes to the bad boy right? I felt sad for Luhan. He liked Jessica so much.. Right? I, for one, would definitely choose Luhan over Kai. Kai honestly looks like a play boy. (DON'T KILL ME PLEASE /runs/) Even if they got together, how long could it last?
 
I zoned out for the rest of the train ride, despite the girls trying to include me in their conversation.
 
"What a long day, but it was one of my best yet." I smiled at the ground while I walked home, "Just maybe, I'm actually starting to like this place."
 
I plopped down onto my bed, throwing my phone down beside me. My legs were hurting like crazy for running around all day, and I was really sweaty, but I was happy. For the first time in ages.
 
My phone vibrated and I looked down at my screen.
 
"Wow, that was fast. " I smiled at my phone like an idiot.