Chapter 5; Nightmares begin

Drama in summer school. ♡ Based on a true story.

 

I strolled into class. That's what happens when you force me to go to summer school mum. 
The teacher beamed at me, only to be appalled by my murderous glare. 
 
"I guess you're Kaemi? Have a seat, we're in the middle of lessons now."
 
"Where?" I glanced at him, determined to get over this as quickly as possible and murder my parents for sending me here. 
 
"Why don't you sit beside Miss Jung? Jessica, you wouldn't mind right?" 
 
The doe-eyed girl with long brown hair nodded. 
I made my way over to my new seat, already wary of the amount of students trying to trip me up. Well, people hate me already, all the better.
 
Jessica smiled warmly at me, flashing me a smile full of pearly whites, causing the guys around us to stare, mesmerised.
Guys, staring with stupid grins on their faces, what the hell? Welcome to an alternate universe, Kaemi.
 
As Mr. Lee continued with his lesson, Jessica attempted to strike a conversation with me. 
"Hey. What's your name?"
 
"Kaemi."
 
"I'm Jessica. This is your first year here?"
 
"Yeah."
 
"It's going to be fun, I swear."
 
"Sureee." I raised my brow, my sarcastic inner-self taking over again. 
 
She smiled at me, unfazed by my sarcasm. 
The first person that actually tried talking to me and I spoilt my chance at making a friend. Good job on your social awkwardness, Kaemi. I gave myself a mental pat on my back. This was going to be a really long hour.
 
 
---
 
 
The bell finally rung, signifying the end of my hour of torture.
Never so glad to hear a bell, I glanced down at my timetable. Lunch, great. My stomach growled in happiness. 
 
"Sorry, whe-", I looked up, asking for directions, only to see that my classmates had all but ran out of the classroom the moment the bell rang.
 
Oh well, I never had that many friends in my other school. Speaking of that, ah-young never called. That
 
I stuffed all my stationery into my bag, before trailing out, following the throngs of people into the cafeteria. Only you wouldn't call this place a cafeteria.
I looked at the long rows of identical benches and snaking long queues.
The place smelt like sweating kids. Maybe an army camp. Perfect.
I turned to walk away. I didn't know where I would go. Home, maybe, since my aunt was never home. Or even.. Any where.
 
The cafeteria was giving me a throbbing headache, student milled around, chatting to their friends loudly. I heard bits and pieces of conversation here and there, adding to my discomfort. 
I swayed back and forth, feeling light-headed, my surroundings fading to black.
My ears blocked, reducing the noise. I took a step forward, my body failing to function properly.
I squatted down in the middle of the cafeteria, overcome by the dizziness. 
 
The world continued moving, spinning around and around, a mixture of noises coming from all directions. 
Just when I was going to lose it, I felt a warm hand on my shoulder.
 
P/S: I'll try writing longer chapters this time since they're getting horribly short because I'm lazy. Ohwell.