A Special Appa

Ace Family One Shots and more
Please log in to read the full chapter

Little background: Sooyoung and Hyoyeon are married. Hyoyeon is pregnant. How she got pregnant is up to you, in vitro or g!p. I prefer in vitro for this story but that doesn't really matter. Okay. Here it goes.

 

 

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon are cuddling on the couch. Sooyoung had her back on the armrest while Hyoyeon was leaning her back against Sooyoung. The younger had her arms wrapped around Hyoyeon's midsection, hands caressing the protruding bump on her wife's stomach.

 

"So what does he call us?" Hyoyeon suddenly asked.

 

"He'll call you Omma." Sooyoung said softly. "I know it has always been your dream. I'm not taking that away from you."

 

"He'll call you Omma too, right?"

 

"Well, that could lead to confusion. I was thinking he could call me 'Appa'."

 

"But you're a girl, Soo. He should call you omma too." Hyoyeon offered.

 

"I don't mind him calling me Appa. I think it would be really cute. And they always say I dance like a guy, I wouldn't mind our little dude calling me his appa." Sooyoung said with a laugh.

 

Hyoyeon smiled to herself and leaned more into Sooyoung's embrace.

 

-----

6 years later

 

As Sooyoung chat with a random parent, Hyoyeon eyed Sehun, their son, as he played with his friends. They were at Sehun's school because it was Family Day. Hyoyeon can feel some of the parents giving them dirty looks for being so out and proud. They're most likely judging them now but Hyoyeon ignored them, she was used to it anyway.

 

Sehun who was oblivious to all of this was playing with his friends. While they were building a sand castle he remembered that he was ought to introduce his family to his friends so he pointed to where Hyo and Soo was.

 

"That's my omma over there! And that's my appa. Isn't she tall?" he said excitedly to his bestfriend, Kai.

 

"Why is your appa a girl, Sehun?" Kai asked.

 

"Huh? What is wrong with that? Shouldn't all appas be girls?" Sehun was confused. Kai shook his head no.

 

"No, Sehun. They are supposed to be boys. My appa is a boy. And so is Baek's and Chanyeol's. Look." Kai pointed to his friends' fathers.

 

"B-but." Sehun scrunched his face in confusion. Just then, Hyoyeon approached him.

 

"Come, Sehun. We'll eat lunch now. Say goodbye to Kai." Sehun waved goodbye to Kai while Hyoyeon bowed to Kai's mother.

 

They reached Sooyoung and went to eat somewhere. While  they were eating, Sehun was getting fidgety like there was something bothering him.

 

"Sehun, are you okay?" Hyoyeon asked her son.

 

"Omma, why are all my classmates' appas, boys and my appa is a girl?" he asked. Hyoyeon stopped eating. She wasn't prepared for the question. She looked at Sooyoung and saw that her wife was equally shocked. Sooyoung recovered from her shock and looked softly to their son.

 

"Eat up first, Sehun. Appa will answer your question later, okay?" Sooyoung said calmly. Sehun nodded and went back to eating.

 

They finished eating and headed back home.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter