Paper Airplanes

Ace Family One Shots and more
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is in the same universe as Trouble With The Slytherins and Herbology with the Hufflepuffs.

 

A little background: This starts out 2 weeks before their first day at Hogwarts. Sooyoung and Hyoyeon are both pureblood and of Slytherin descent.

Sooyoung was skipping excitedly to Hyoyeon's house carrying two broomsticks. They just came home from their trip to visit her sister Soojin who was working overseas, breeding dragons. Sooyoung knocked on the door and instantly, Hyoyeon appeared with a very big grin on her face.

 

"Soo!" Hyoyeon engulfed Sooyoung into a bearhug. She burrowed her face onto Sooyoung's shoulder.

 

"I missed you!" said Hyoyeon's muffled voice. Sooyoung smiled upon hearing this.

 

"I missed you too." Sooyoung sighed into Hyoyeon's hair. After a few seconds, they broke apart.

 

"Let's fly in the clearing! I brought two broomsticks!" Sooyoung said enthusiastically.

 

"Did you steal that from Siwon-oppa again?" Hyoyeon asked suspiciously.

 

"No!" Sooyoung shook her head. "I didn't steal it. Oppa got a new broomstick so I asked him if I can have this old one."

 

"Okay. I believe you." Hyoyeon smiled. "Let's get going then!"

The best friends are now flying around the clearing. Hyoyeon was throwing apples to Sooyoung's direction while the tall girl hits them with an old beater's club from her father.

 

"Hyo! Can you try throwing two at a time? I want to see if I can beat both apples before they hit the ground." Sooyoung shouted to Hyoyeon who was on the other side of the clearing.

 

Hyoyeon granted Sooyoung's request. She threw the two apples on opposite directions. Sooyoung zoomed to the apple on her right and beat it and without wasting any time chased after the other one. She was able to hit the apple hard, sending the fruit  somewhere behind the trees.

 

Hyoyeon watched in awe as her best friend flew with such ease.

 

"You're so great, Soo!" Hyoyeon whooped, clapping her hands. Sooyoung grinned widely as she touched down and went to approach Hyoyeon.

 

"I'm hungry." Sooyoung grumbled.

 

"Let's go home then. I think mom's made pumpkin pie." Sooyoung's face lit up at the mention of food.

 

"I love your mom's pie!" Sooyoung grinned. With that, the friends held hands and walked back home.

Sooyoung was munching at her third helping of pie as Hyoyeon watched her fondly.

 

"How is it possible that you eat so much yet you don't even get fat?" Hyoyeon asked.

 

Sooyoung just shrugged and ate away. Hyoyeon laughed at this.

 

"Say, are you excited for our first day in Hogwarts?" Hyoyeon asked excitedly. Sooyoung gulped the big piece of pie and said cheerfully, "Of course I am. I want to be able to play Quidditch and we'll learn magic together and it would be fun because we get to spend everyday with each other!"

 

Hyoyeon smiled widely at Sooyoung's giddiness.

 

"What house do you think we'll get sorted into?" Hyoyeon asked.

 

"Is that even a question? Of course we'll be in Slytherin!" Sooyoung said matter-of-factly.

 

"What if I get sorted into another house, Soo?" Hyoyeon mumbled lowly.

 

"Huh? I don't see why you'll get sorted into another house." Sooyoung's brow creased in confusion.

 

"I dunno. Don't you want to be different?" Hyoyeon asked dreamily.

 

"I never thought of that." Sooyoung muttered and went back to eating. She didn't want to think of being away from Hyoyeon for any second unless it's because they were on a trip to visit relatives or something.

September 1

 

Sooyoung practically ran down the stairs and out of their door in a flash. She saw Hyoyeon standing by their family car. She dashed straight into her bestfriend and they held hands, skipping in circles.

 

"We're going to Hogwarts! We're going to Hogwarts!" they both squealed.

 

"All right, girls. Calm down. Why not you two get in the car and we'll be on our way to King's Cross?" Sooyoung's mother said endearingly to the two girls. The two girls instantly followed what she said.

 

The Kim's and the Choi's decided it would be practical if they just go together in one car. They were practically like family anyway. So right now, they were packed in a Ford Expedition which Sooyoung's father charmed so it would fit nine people, three school trunks, a cat case and two owl cages.

 

All throughout the journey to King's Cross, the two girls were giddy and squeaking at random times which basically annoyed both Siwon and Heechul.

 

They arrived at King's Cross and got into the barrier without much hassle. It's most likely because Sooyoung and Hyoyeon have been through to see their big brothers off before.

 

At the platform, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon immediately saw their friends, Yuri and Jessica. They gave each other hugs they boarded the train. Their fathers helped them with their trunks and the four settled on a carriage. In no time, the train was whistling which signalled it's departure. They waved goodbyes to their parents and sat back down when they can no longer see their faces.

 

"So, Sica, where's Yonghwa? Why's he not sitting with us?" Sooyoung asked out of the blue.

 

"I think he's with Jungshin. He doesn't want to be with a bunch of girls." Jessica groaned.

 

"That's pretty weird of him." Hyoyeon remarked.

 

"So, are you guys excited to be in Slytherin? Boa-unnie said the common room's pretty cool. You can see the depths of the Great Lake which is totally awesome!" Yuri said, grinning widely. Jessica and Sooyoung perked up at this while Hyoyeon smiled a little.

 

The four friends went on talking about their vacations and of the stories their families told them about Hogwarts. They bought different kinds of candies and pastries from the trolley. They were all stuffed and feeling really drowsy except for Sooyoung who has eaten at least 10 chocolate frogs, 5 pumpkin pasties and a box of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans.

 

They've been talking about their wands when the train suddenly halted.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter