Getting Even

Ace Family One Shots and more
Please log in to read the full chapter

Sooyoung is bored. She's been sitting in front of the counter for three hours now. She has done everything to keep herself busy. She hates her work in the hat shop; it's uneventful but she has no choice but to endure it. She's lucky enough that her close friend Sunny hired her.

 

"Aigo. Just a few more hours." As soon as Sooyoung says this, a couple went inside the shop. She instantly fixed herself and went near the couple.

 

"Hurry up, Hyo. I want to go home." The guy said, making no effort on sounding nice to her girlfriend.

 

'What a jerk.'Sooyoung thought. She's glad she likes girls. She doesn't have to deal with guys like this one.

 

“Good…” Sooyoung meant to greet the couple but was stunned by the beauty of the girl. She was mesmerized by the blonde in front of her. The girl had clear skin, rosy cheeks and a smile that left Sooyoung staring.

 

"Oppa, I want this hat." the girl  told her boyfriend, handing him the hat that she just tried on.

 

The guy turned to Sooyoung, tried to hand her the hat and said, "We'll buy this one."

 

Sooyoung was still staring at the girl and this annoyed the guy.

 

"Ya!" The guy waved a hand in front of Sooyoung's face. The girl giggled pulling Sooyoung out of her reverie.

 

"Oh. Right. Sorry. So you're buying this?" Sooyoung asked still looking at the girl.

 

"Yes. We'll be buying it." The girl answered and smiled at her. Sooyoung smiled back.

 

"Ya! Hurry up, Miss. I don't have all day." The guy impatiently told Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung hurried and made the transaction. The guy paid for the cost and Sooyoung wrapped the hat up then handed it to the guy.

 

"Thank you. Come again." Sooyoung said to both of them but clearly she's just talking about the girl.

 

Sooyoung thought of the beautiful girl the rest of her shift wishing that someday, they will meet again.

Tonight's a Friday and what better way to spend it by going to the bar and drinking her problems away. It has been Sooyoung's ritual to go to her best friend Yuri's bar late at night so she could drink then help her close the bar. She also enjoys going there because Yuri gives her free beer. 'Yeah. Yuri's awesome like that.'

 

"Choi Sooyoung! How's was your day?" Yuri greeted her as soon as she arrived at the bar.

 

"Aish, Kwon Yuri, are you seriously asking me that?" Sooyoung said with a whine. She hated talking about her boring life.

 

"Fine. I won't ask you about your stupid life. I just thought that maybe something bizarre happened to you." Yuri told Sooyoung while she poured beer on a glass then handed it to her best friend.

 

"Well, there was this girl." Sooyoung smiled to herself, remembering the girl she saw that day in the shop. This made Yuri surprised.

 

"And who is this girl, might I ask?" Yuri was curious, Sooyoung never actually talks about girls she likes cause there never were any. She was really picky. Seeing Sooyoung dazed was something unusual.

 

"She went to our store, bought a hat and was gone. I didn't even got to know her name. She was so beautiful and cute at the same time. She's small, you know how I like small girls."

 

"No. I don't." Yuri cut Sooyoung off.  "You never actually told me your type and I'm your best friend."

 

"Aish. This is not the time to feel bad about me not talking about my type. I don't even have a type. Not until I saw the girl, anyway." Sooyoung told Yuri, not wanting trouble now.

 

"Just think of it like the time you saw Yoona. Remember that? I would never forget that you told me this, 'Ya! Ya! Look at that girl. Someday, I'll marry her.' You were so into her. You looked kind of stupid." Sooyoung said with a laugh.

 

"Okay. I get it." Yuri said with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

 

"At least I made a move to get Yoona's name and number then. You didn't even have the guts to ask this dream girl of yours her name." Yuri told Sooyoung smugly.

 

"She was with her boy friend. I'm not the type of person who tries to break relationships up." Sooyoung explained her side.

 

Yuri was about to say something when the two heard glass breaking and a loud scream of a girl coming from a booth a few feet away from them.

 

"You stupid guy! I hate you! How can you do this to me?!"

 

"What the hell was that?" Sooyoung's eyebrows shot up in surprise.

 

"Oh. It’s the girl in table number 5." Yuri pointed to the girl sitting on one of the booths inside her bar. "That girl's been here for hours already, she won't stop ordering drinks. Looks like some guy did to her."

 

Sooyoung sighed. She hated hearing about things like this.

It was midnight now when Yuri decided it's time to close the bar. She and Sooyoung were cleaning up when they heard groaning sounds from table 5. The two look

Please log in to read the full chapter