Chapter 20

The Serial Dater
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

VOTE FOR THIS STORY TO BE FEATURED!   :::   I walked briskly after getting out of the elevator and went to look for Kris. I saw him sitting down on a couch at the lobby and when he saw me, he just smiled immediately.   “Hey. I’m glad you came.” I don’t really want to go 100% but I need to so that I could avoid Lay.   “Yes whatever let’s go. I need to get out of here immediately.” I literally pulled him out of the building that I almost forgot that I’m wearing formal attire. I think I lost my sense of poise.    “A-are you alright? Why are we walking too fast?” Am I? I stopped walking immediately.   “Sorry I was just – “   “Out of your mind.” He said completing my sentence.   “Yeah. Maybe.”   “Uhh w-where do you want to eat?” After Kris asked that question, I laughed my off and it’s because I think I just acted like a stupid girl.    “Why are you laughing? Did I say something funny?” He looked so clueless.   “Don’t mind me and take me far away from my office. Okay? Where’s your car?”    :::   “Do you mind telling me what happened earlier?” Kris asked while we were eating at his favorite restaurant.    “Why do you want to know?”    “It’s because I want to. Now tell me.” Oooh. He just answered like a boss.   “Something happened in Italy.”   “What happened?” I’m not finished talking Kris. Please let me finish.   “Well, on our boarding day I was surprised that Lay was coming with us. Knowing his feelings for me, I ignored him in the plane and in the country itself. But you know how stubborn he is, even though I did that he still made sure that the both us will talk no matter what. We talked and he started to lecture me about my – “ I stopped because I realized I was telling Kris too much already. He doesn’t know about me dating thousands of guys and I don’t want him to know of course!   “Why’d you stopped?”    “Umm…sorry. Let’s just skip to the important part. I wanted to go out desperately from the office because I just don’t want to see or talk to Lay about anything. He thinks he loves me and he thinks that we two are perfect for each other. He’s too overly attached.”   “Now I know why Lay hates me. It’s because he really really likes you.”   “No. He doesn’t like me. He’s obsessed with me!”    “Okay. I stand corrected. He’s obsessed with you. But remember, I still outweigh him.”   “Outweigh him in terms of what?”    “Oh you know. The thing that must not be named.” Is he talking about our freaking one night stand? I knew he was when I saw him smirked.   “Don’t mention it ever again.”   “I didn’t!”   “But you mentioned it in a different way. It doesn’t make a difference!”  
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter