Without looking back, he gives her away

Mea Maxima Culpa

A/N - I have officially finished writing all the chapters~~~ Woo~~~ Editing now. So maybe i'll give a double update today ^^ we shall see~ Only 3 more chapters to go >< Buuuuut moving on to fluffier and whiter and happier things, guess what this chapters all about~

@SNSDMBLAQ - I know >< The end is nigh, can't believe it ... And thanks so much *hugs*. I have tons of other fics planned as well~~~ So i'll keep an eye out for you!

@HanSang - haha yeah, there's like three so i'll take one and you can have the other. Hee hee did you recognise that line??? I got it from you~~~~ Remember you said it in a comment a long time ago and i was like, hey! this is a perfect 'advice line' and so i put it in. Haha, yeaaah and Joonie's imminent death is about to arrive, lol. Oo and which couple were you thinking of? Harry Potter fanfic? Was it good? 

@wookielove - Haha yuuupps, well maybe not. He's learnt his lesson and his umma his there to watch over Durami as well :p but that would be funny. Mea Maxima Culpa v2.0, starring Joon and Durami instead of Seungho and Dara. But Doongie is all the same. Pft. Haha, wait for your family to go out, scream your head off and when the neighbors complain, tell them they were imaging things XD

@T4kara - he isssss~~~~ And somehow the DuramixJoon pairing just felt right. I mean Durami has a complete heart of gold and Joon is just sweeter than cotton candy and so together, they were just perfect~ Actually, there's another reason...but we'll get to that later. Pft, i don't think this pairing has ever been done before tho. Glad you liked it. Sigh and what i would give to see mblaq next year >< Or at least on any stage. 

@cazz_96 - XD keep jumpin'

@ainnurdoongie - >< He is, he is! Haha that back to back moment was such a movie moment XD Yeah that's how i pictured it. "in the fading sunset light, two men at the beach stand back to back and share manly words" Pft yeah, that was actually what went through my head. Haha~~~ And yuppp Seungdara marriage! Haha, your last line made me remember that moment XD Turns out he entrusted his sisters to his brothers after all~

@ImaVIPbaby - Marriage, marriage, marriage~~~ Kekeke, very well then i shall dis-invite you~

And thanks to snshutt for subscribing~ We're nearly there!!!

Chapter 63 – Without looking back, he gives her away

Cheondoong POV

Marriage.

The moment when two people join hands and swear to be together forever.

That moment doesn’t always work out. Sometimes it ends in tears and screams and banging doors, sometimes it ends in stalemate with boredom and a lack of passion clouding the air; but sometimes, just sometimes it ends in happiness.

And I was sure that Seungho and Dara were going to be the latter. Or at least, I would make sure of it.

 

Dara POV

Today was the day I would marry Yang Seungho.

If you asked me whether I would marry a guy like him two years ago, I would have just laughed. Me? Marrying a guy two years younger than me? But fate had played its hands and I was marrying a guy I was now deeply in love with.

“Relax Dara.” Chae-rin was sitting on the couch, watching me spin in front of a floor-length mirror as I tried to make sure I looked perfect. “You look fine.” She reassured me.

Relaxing was something I definitely couldn’t do right now. “Chae-rin, you know I’m nervous!” I scanned my white wedding dress for the fourth time that hour, making sure there were no wrinkles or stains or anything. It was a classic dress, tight at the waist and then flaring out into a long, creamy swish of satin and silk. And then there was just the right dash of gossamer flowers along one side, colored a pretty silver and at my feet, the material pooled out towards a long train. My hair too was something I kept checking, as if to ensure the tight bun hadn’t loosened or the soft makeup smudged.

“Dara!” Chae-rin rebuked me. “Relax or else you’ll start sweating and then we’ll all worry!”

I pouted and spun around the look at her. “Okay, okay.” I gave up and carefully walked over to her. “I just want to make sure everything is perfect.”

“It will be.” She promised and in my heart, I knew I could believe her. It was just missing one thing.

“Yeah,” I said with a slight sadness. “I just wished Sanghyun would be the one giving me away.”

That had been the plan: to wait for Sanghyun’s return and then he would take up the position my father would have once taken. But father wasn’t here and Sanghyun would have been proud to give me away. Consider it fitting for his over-protectiveness.

But he too was MIA and so Byunghee had stepped in. We all knew that he too didn’t like the idea of replacing Sanghyun, but he had done it for Sanghyun.

“It’s time.” Chae-rin said, snapping me back to reality as she stood up and smoothened her black streaked silver bridesmaid dress. She looked gorgeous in it and I couldn’t believe she was still single. Chae-rin flashed me an encouraging smile and then gathered up my train. “Ready?”

I nodded and then the doors opened and Byunghee was there and somewhere further in I knew Seungho would be waiting. Just the thought of him in black and white made my heart race.

 

Seungho POV

The wedding song played and I was standing like I had some sort of nervous itch.

“Stop moving hyung!” Mir chided as I fidgeted again. I couldn’t help it, the material was tight and starched and well…I was a little more than nervous at waiting for Dara to appear. As traditionally written, I wasn’t allowed to see Dara until the moment we would join hands and the waiting game killed me.

But it was worth it for the minute I saw Dara appear, head demurely lowered and dressed all in white, my heart stopped. I think my mouth fell open for Mir hissed again and I shut it close.

She was beautiful. Absolutely, absolutely beautiful.

The dress hugged her slim figure and flared out, showing off her delicate features and her clear skin. Her eyes stared at me the entire way down the aisle and even from here I could see her cheeks were tinted a pretty pink blush.

Next to her, Byunghee led her carefully, making sure she wouldn’t fall but his even pace irritated me. The procession was too slow, too-

And suddenly the wedding orchestra stopped. I froze. No way. A mistake on our perfect wedding day? I turned around, ready to give someone hell…but then stopped as the piano began playing. Soft, melodious chords that floated into the air and I felt myself soften and be soothed. It was that kind of song: sweet and uplifting and…joyous…?

In my peripheral vision, I could see everyone sitting at the pews crane their necks to see who was playing. Even Dara and Byunghee had stopped their walk down the aisle, having only achieved about a quarter of the way and were frowning.

This wasn’t planned but they rivaled Yang Chopin at any rate and somehow it was perfect. But I wondered who was playing?

I stared at the pianist who finished playing with a flourish of fingers and all of a sudden he stood up with a huge smile on his face and then I think, everyone’s mouth’s fell open.

Because the pianist was none other than our missing Sanghyun.

 

Cheondoong POV

The looks on everyone’s faces was priceless. Their mouths fell open in such sync that I think Infinite would be jealous and their eyes grew to the size of milk saucers. I couldn’t keep the grin off my face. But I wasn’t here to laugh at other’s antics. No. I was here for Seungho and for Dara.

I stepped away from the piano which was situated to the left side of the room and headed towards Dara. Her eyes followed me the entire way and they were shiny with unshed tears of joy. I smiled and her and her hands flew to as if she couldn’t believe I was here.

As I walked to her, I glanced at Durami and my mother, sitting in the front row. Mother had the biggest smile on her face, as well as a gleam in her eyes. I knew she approved of my entrance. I shared a grin with her; I had after all inherited my trickster personality from her. She blew me a kiss.

Next to her Durami had laced her hands with Joon, or should I start calling him Changsun now? His expression was even better. I think his mouth was so wide open that Dadoong might fit in…okay…that was a weird image, but nonetheless his mouth was huge and Durami was teasing him.

“Did you know?” he blinked and turned to Durami, finally putting two and two together. She nodded and he pouted. “Why didn’t you tell me?!”

Durami just laughed. “Babo.” Was all she said as she leaned over and kissed his cheek. He softened and I knew that she had him in the palm of her hand. She then turned to me and winked. I knew then and there that Changsun-hyung would be just right for my sister.

And next to Changsun-hyung was Mir, or Cheolyang, and Chae-rin. Cheolyang’s eyes were the funniest part of his expression as he stared me down. He blinked several times and rubbed his eyes, as if thinking he was suffering a delusion. I tried hard to not laugh.

Next to him, Chae-rin was just shaking her head as if she couldn’t believe my audacity. But then she was smiling. She knew my entrance would make their wedding day perfect and so she approved. Turning her attention to Cheolyang, she nudged him, jerking him out of his frozen expression.

“Pst,” she whispered. “Shut your mouth.” And he did.

Both of them were single, but somehow I saw a few sparks.

And then as I walked a few more steps, my eyes flitted over the other guests – the 2ne1 members, the YG family members (who of course hadn’t passed up their chance at seeing Dara all in white and teasing her for finally getting married and turning old. I made a note to scold them later), our Philippine friends and plenty of other people from the industry world – to rest on my father.

He sat at the very back, as if trying not to make his presence known, but I had spotted him instantly. I narrowed my eyes and struggled against the urge to stick out my tongue and he gave me a sheepish grin like he knew I was berating him for hiding.

I had told him mother wanted to chat to him, but nervous as he was (he was far too much like me or me like him, whatever way round floats your boat) he said he would, but only in time. I had sighed and left it up to fate.

But he couldn’t resist watching the first of his three children get married. I had seen his eyes water and his handkerchief dab at them the minute Dara appeared and I knew somewhere in his heart, he regretted not being able to walk her down the aisle as a father should. But I also knew he was bequeathing this position to me. And I would not let him down.

Because even after everything that had occurred, he was my one and only father.  And that was all that mattered.

I gave him one last look before turning to Byunghee. My feet had travelled fast and now I was standing in front of the two of them.

Byunghee just grinned like a fool. I guess he approved of my entry as well.

He took one step so that he was right next to me and then clasped my shoulder. “Welcome back.” He whispered in my ear and then walked back to the front row where I saw with a slight twist of my neck, that he slid into the pew – right next to Hyo Jin.

She was dressed spectacularly as well in a sleek navy blue dress that seemed to make her glow. I watched her eyes track Byunghee until he was next to her and then she slid her hand over and he took it with a big, bright smile on his face. She saw me looking and flashed me a smile, lifting their entwined hands as proof that what I had done those months ago in the hospital room had been the right thing to do.

And finally I turned around to face my sister. Dara.

I held open my hands. “Hey noona.” I said a little shyly, but my voice travelled over and around the silent church. “I’m back.” I offered her a smile.

But all she offered me was a face-full of her flower bouquet.

 

Dara POV

The audacity of my little brother! He thinks he can just waltz in during the middle of our wedding and play a piano song and then say ‘I’m back’? Does he think that’s good enough?!

“Noona?” he spluttered through a face-full of flowers that I had just smacked him with.

“You’re late!” I scolded him, my voice rising and my eyes flaring as I stared him down. At least he had the grace to look a little scared and gulp with fear. “Hm?!” I felt like we were transported ten years back and I was telling him off for coming home late and covered in mud.

He raised both hands, one holding the flowers, as if in surrender. “Did you miss me?” he asked with a sly grin and I felt myself get furious.

“Park Sanghyun!” I used his full name and he cringed at my tone. “Of course I missed you, you idiot!” and then I flew into him and my arms wrapped around his skinny frame and then he was hugging me back.

“I’m sorry for being away for so long noona.” He said apologetically in a softer, genuinely sorrowful tone and I sighed. “But I’m back now and I’ll never leave.”

“Silly boy.” I pinched his cheeks and he protested. “Stop making me worry about you all the time.”

“Well now,” he smiled. “You’ll have someone else to worry about as well.” And we both looked at Seungho who was still frozen at the end of the aisle.

Sanghyun handed me back the flowers and then held out his hand – an offering. “I have to be the one who gives you away, it’s only right.” And he winked. I huffed and took his arm and at that moment, the orchestra struck up a song and slowly but surely we walked down the aisle. I felt giddy with joy and higher than the empire state.

I watched Seungho grow closer and closer and he was beyond handsome dressed in black and white with a flower tucked into his pocket. His eyes were on my eyes and my mouth went dry. And best of all, he still had his panda eyes.

We stopped at the end of the aisle and Seungho reached out for me. Sanghyun let me go and patted Seungho’s shoulder.

“Take care of her hyung.” He said. “But don’t worry, I’ll be watching from behind.” And then he gave Seungho the two ‘eye gaze’.

“Just make sure you get enough sleep hyung.” He said in final parting. “I don’t want nephew or nieces with genetic eyebags.”

Seungho laughed and I rolled my eyes. Trust Sanghyun to leave that as his parting words. But just as he was about to walk off, he his heel and walked back to me.

“Noona.” He whispered close to me, words that only me and Seungho could hear. “I love you.”

And then he leaned forwards to kiss my forehead. It was a butterfly kiss and then he was gone and sitting down at the front seat and I couldn’t help the smile that spread across my face. That kid.

But then Seungho was all I could see. He took my hands and together we stood at the very front and the priest came out with a big smile. And the moment when we would be bound together forever was nearly here.

 

Cheondoong POV

I slid into the front pew where Ji-eun had been sitting. She had saved me a spot. She knew me too well.

“Sanghyun?” she frowned and stared at something in her hands. My blue phone. The one I had left behind at the hospital what felt like ages ago. “How did you manage to send a text message that night at the hospital? You left your phone there but my phone still recorded your number sending the text.”

“Oh, that?” I gave a rueful smile and took the phone, flipping it open and removing the outer case. “I took the simcard out and used it on a different phone. The number stays the same, but the messages and contact list remains in the old phone.” I tapped the blue phone but exposed its empty innards.  

Ji-eun oo-ed. “So that’s why when you texted me today, it still said your number even though I was holding onto your old phone.”

I grinned. That was my quick-thinking girl.

“Well then, now I know everything.” Ji-eun sounded satisfied as she took back the phone and put it into her bag and then took my hand. “That’ll be us someday.” She whispered as we watched Dara and Seungho exchange vows.

“It will be.” I promised and squeezed her hand.

“It better be.” She warned me and I laughed.

“I promise.” And I meant it.

And I watched another promise unfold as Seungho and Dara exchanged glittering rings. A promise to be together forever. Both of them stood with dancing eyes and feverent breaths, as if they couldn’t believe this moment was upon them.

And then they took one step forwards so that they were nose-tip to nose-tip and they eyes were lost in the other’s. And they barely needed assent from the priest who then said those final, magical words:

“You may now kiss the bride.” 

A/N - Boo-yeah! Marriage scene completed!!!! And even the pic, check out the pic!!! haha, i literally just typed in 'dara' and 'wedding dress' into google and surprisingly enough got this~