With tears, he breaks down

Mea Maxima Culpa

A/N - I see the last chapter has spurred a lot of lightbulbs, haha, looks like you're all piecing things together really well. 

@thunbii - Kekeke, curious? I'm glad. Wasn't sure if my story was too predictable etc, but if you're curious that's good. It means you're enjoying it! So thanks~ Actually when i first planned the story, it was never meant to be a mystery, but well...things kinda built and in the end it became a story with about a thousand secrets hidden in every nook and cranny possible. Haha, hope you like it that way!

@HanSang - I won't give a definite answer about Joon's relations yet but yes, Joon has met Ji-yun before. And i'm glad you remember all the way to gods knows how many chapter ago where Mir and Joon first saw her. As for their parents' motives, well that will be revealed in a few chapters time! And yes, the body!!!!! Doongie's the best~~~ Did you see the tweet from Lauren's dad:

http://ohthunder.wordpress.com/2012/08/18/twitter-but-it-made-the-show-a-lot-of-fun-for-us-laurens-dad-tells-a-cute-story-about-lauren-and-mblaq/

Lauren and Seungho were such a sweet pair ^^ Can't wait for B1A4's ep this week!

Oh, and have you read this fanfic: Hello Baby Reunion FT. SHINee and MBLAQ by SHINee42pm. It's a really sweet fluff fic depicting the possible situation of mblaq and shinee meeting with their babies again. It's really cute!!! I reccomend it. 

@reilsm - Hmm, your deductions are along the right line, but i can't reveal it yet. Wouldn't be fun elsewise~~~ And as for Ji-eun and Ji-yun's conflict to do with Sanghyun, well that is correct, (and now you can probably guess what happened) but that's all i'll say for now. Haha, and yes, the super dorky mblaq appa's were adorable!!! B1A4's season is pretty good but they need more baby interaction time! Tho i doubt they could beat Joon and Mir's desperate bribing time~~~ Haha and the photo, yeah, i agree. The moment i saw it i was like MUST PUT IT ON MY FANFIC!!! Drools~~~

@wookielove - Woot! Two comments in one night? Thanks~~~~ Haha, but yeah, you are turning out to be quite a good detective. It seems you'll ferret out all the secrets before i get to reveal them!!! Haha, i still want to hear your theories tho. Tell me some time after its been revealed, or PM me before then. I like to hear what people think is about to happen ^^ It makes me go back and ensure i've got all plot holes covered etc. As for why Mir and Joon did what they did, well i'll make sure to explain that soon enough~

@A_MooNStar - Wooo~~ Thanks for commenting! I'm glad you like it so much, makes writing it worthwhile than just for my own satisfaction. Love you too~

Phew, i've been writing a lot in my A/N lately haven't I? Well it's coz you've all been commenting so much. Waaa~~~ Soo happy at your comments so please keep them coming! 

And Idol manager ep 1 is out. Sigh, subs come soooooon before i die of craziness~~~ With that said, enjoy this chapter with more Doongie action!

Chapter 29 – With tears, he breaks down

Seungho POV

Mir and I dashed into the car once I heard the news from Dara. G.O opted to stay behind and watch over Ji-eun who was still out like a light. Driving like a madman to the hospital, I think I broke over a dozen driving laws but that was the least of my worries.

After parking haphazardly, I bolted into the room and the lift just couldn’t move fast enough for me. Though once I was on the right floor, I could hear the source of trouble almost instantly.

CRASH!!! The sound of china breaking. RIP!!! The sound of fabric tearing.

I sprinted down the hallway to find Dara huddling outside of Cheondoong’s room. She was shaking as if freezing and Chae-rin hugged her close. As I arrived, Chae-rin’s eyes zeroed in on me and narrowed.

“You,” she hissed and I tried not to compare it to how she looked back then. “Why weren’t you here with Dara where she needed you?”

A thousand answers came to my mind, but they all sounded tinny and like excuses. They died before I could even voice them.

“You should know better now than to leave the one you love alone!” her tone was accusatory and struck deep into my heart. She was right, I had no excuse. “Stop repeating past mistakes!”

“Don’t blame him, Chae-rin.” Dara halted her angry tirade as she wiped away her tears and looked at her band mate. “He was trying to help Sanghyun. I wanted him to go and search, but…but…” she gulped huge breaths.

“Shhh,” Chae-rin held her close. Her eyes glittered with promise that this wasn’t over. “Don’t worry; I’m just scolding Seungho because I know you never will.”

I gritted my teeth. Enough with the scolding. There were more important things to worry about. “What’s wrong with Cheondoong?” I asked, getting to the point immediately. From outside the door, the frosted glass panels meant I couldn’t see what was going on inside Cheondoong’s room, but the breaking sounds inside told me enough.

“I don’t know,” Dara gulped. “He woke up about an hour ago and I tried to talk to him. Tried to ask him what was wrong. At first he was half-asleep I think so he didn’t seem to understand where he was. All of sudden, he just stood up and got changed. He said he wanted to leave, but when I tried to stop him he went ballistic and started throwing things, breaking stuff…”

“Joon’s inside right now.” Chae-rin nodded towards the chaotic room. “We stopped the nurses from knocking Sanghyun out with anesthetic, mostly because none of them can pin him down but also because we’re trying to calm him down the normal way first.”

I nodded and took a deep breath. “I’ll go in. Stay here.” I told Dara.

And then I entered the maelstrom. Joon was flattened against the wall, looking increasingly frightened at Cheondoong’s rage. The room was utterly demolished. The lamp had been flung to one side, the bulb broken glass on the floor. His bed linin and pillows were torn and scattered, feathers still floating in the air like some sort of angelic mockery. And the flowers which Dara and I had placed so carefully in a vase was scattered and stomped on the floor with other broken crockery from what I guessed must have been dinner.

But what scared me the most wasn’t the collateral damage. It was Cheondoong’s face. No more was there any traces of our baby-faced maknae who always had a sweet smile and wicked gleam in his eyes as he thought up his next plan of attack. Instead, what stood in front of me was a stranger. Eyes wide open and black as tartarus, lips pulled back in a snarl and teeth bared like a feral animal.

“Cheondoong?” I asked hesitantly, unsure of who I was actually addressing. “Sanghyun?”

His eyes swung over to look at me. If looks could kill, I would be ashes right now.

“Calm down,” I held out both hands in a pacifist manner and slowly walked towards him. It was like approaching a wild tiger, never knowing the moment they might pounce yet wanting to get closer all the while. “Calm down and let’s talk.”

Beside me, I could see Joon adopting the same posture. “Yes, Cheondoong.” He said, his lips nervously. “Let’s just sit down like normal people and talk.”

“Talk?” Cheondoong scoffed, his voice completely alien to me. It was rough and scarred. “What good is talking going to do? Are we a peace union, sitting around discussing how to stop world wars? Don’t be silly.”

“Sanghyun,” I decided to use his real name. “Just tell us what’s going on. We can help you know.”

Cheondoong’s smirk twisted bitterly. “You can’t help me because you’re just getting in the way even more.” He spat.

I took a step backwards. We were in the way?

“Doongie.” Joon tried to approach him. “At least just tell us. So we can try to understand. You don’t know if we can’t help you or not-“

Joon flinched as Cheondoong picked up the flower vase and threw it against the wall with vicious strength. I lifted my arms automatically as if to protect my face from the shards that gleamed under the white lights and fell to the floor, as sharp as a knife.

All of a sudden, Cheondoong was right in front of us. “Understand?” he twisted the word the way a murderer twists his knife into people’s hearts. “You can’t understand me, none of you can.”

And then he punched the frosted glass, his knuckles bloodying the panel but not breaking the thick material. Despite the lack of breaking, I still couldn’t help flinching from the animalistic action and the bright sheen of blood.

Cheondoong took that opportunity to throw the door wide open and stalk out. He stopped as he saw Dara and Chae-rin huddled on the floor. For that one moment, he stared at her with eyes of absolute sorrow. So much sorrow that it broke my heart. Then he took one look at the nurse with the injection in her hand – evidently they still planned on knocking him out – and he ran.

I scrambled to my feet and tackled him to the ground.

“Get him – NOW!” I huffed to the nurse. Joon dashed over and held down Cheondoong’s struggling legs. I hated the way we were treating him like a misbegotten child, but we couldn’t just let him run off. The nurse knelt down and expertly injected the clear liquid in one smooth action. 

Within seconds, it seemed to take effect. Cheondoong’s struggles weakened and his flailing limbs stopping resisting our hold. I leaned down to look at Cheondoong’s face. His eyes gleamed dully, but with the unforgiving sheen of having been betrayed.

“You…don’t…understand…” he whispered as his eyes fluttered shut.

I watched his consciousness drift away and replied. “But we want to understand.” I said truthfully. “So just let us in. We can help you.”

“Really, hyung?” he said so softly I could barely hear his voice. “Will you really help me? Not like everyone else…who…blamed me…”

“I promise Sanghyun,” and I meant it. “Just let us in and we’ll do what we can okay?”

“Really hyung?” His last words sliced my heart into two. “Because I don’t trust you…”

A/N - So, will Seungho and the rest succeed in getting through Doongie's tough barrier? Find out soon. But first, more secrets to be revealed in the next chapter regarding Doongie and Ji-eun's relationship! 

Btw, hope i'm not making Doongie too tough. I mean i guess this must be the fourth or fifth time he's blocked them out >< but i guess that's how the story flows. Hope it isn't getting too annoying. 

And finally, SUPER Y IMAGE for this chapter, coz i couldn't find an angry pic of cheondoongie, but also...because i couldn't resist showing it off~~~ Maybe not as y as the previous pic, but stil...kyaaa...faints...